Vintage Sesame Street video clip

heidiiiii

I stumbled on this the other day and I shocked myself. I remember this...I remembered the song..I remembered what was going to happen next..

This is probably what started my love of dollhouses!

Okay, We are going to show are ages now....Who else remembers it?

[How adorable! I can't say that I remember it tho...my love of miniatures started watching Garfield Goose and Friends...kids used to send in stuff they made for MacIntosh Mouse...tiny clothes, beds, etc...I always wished that I could send him something too!!! post-251-1159618015.gifbut alas...my mom wouldn't let me...

I remember it from watching with my kids in the early 90's (we would have had re runs in the UK)

Its great isn't it, just showed it to my 12 and 14 year olds and they were yeah what !! but i think they were secretly impressed espicially with the cats at the end

kewl

• 2 months later...

I just got the "Sesame Street Old School: 1969-1974" dvd and they have the dollhouse clip on the Season 2 episode. It's titled "Henson Dollhouse". A little side note in the accompanying booklet says:

"The dollhouse featured in the live-action dollhouse segment was built by Jim Henson for his two daughters."

if that's vintage.....what am I

"Collectable"!!!lol

An antique shop owner once told me it works like this: if you remember an item from your childhood, it's "vintage".

If you remember your mother had it, it's "collectable".

If you remember your grandmother had it, it's "antique".

"one, two..two sleepy heads

one, two.. two little beds...

You are vintage if you remember wearing those clothes...I had the SAME hairdo. Parted down the middle and two ponytails.

Did anyone else see on PBS the anniversary reunion special of Electric Company?

OM Gah! I didnt change the channel. Dh said I had a goofy grin on my face.

HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS!

I've been tempted to buy the Electric Company DVD for my sister. She and my brother loved that show when we were little. I was a little young for it and scared of Spiderman so I never got into it too much. I was too focused on Sesame Street, but I do remember watching, it though.

I found myself pausing the dvd to take in all that details in the dollhouse. It's not 1in. scale, but not playscale, either.

I don't remember it, but I remember watching Sesame Street every day before dinner. If it was on during the second season I was probably just an infant though. I'm a 1970 baby.

Glad to see other cats think the houses are for them as well. :roflmao:

I remember watching that when I was little. My cats always loved to come and spoil my dollhouse set up too. One even removed the Tiffany ceiling light in the living room because it hit him in the face. I used to put water in my dishes when I played too so alot of my wall paper got wet from the cats crashing in.

Both hubby and I remember that clip.

Now we will have to show it to our little Izzy...she will love it for the music more than anything I think....and she can count to three already since the onnnnnee, twwwwwwwwwoo, three! method is still used with her older brother lol

Thanks for the memories Heidi!

JAck'sgurl

i remember it.

the other day i was trying to remember the name of one of the christmas shows that was by sesame street...alls i remember is that at the end they all went ice skating and oscar fell down the stairs.

i also loved the rocks that would count in various high and low voices.