Primrose House a 1:24 scale elizabethan building

gamma

I have just started my new album where to show you my work, step by step

This will be the house of Thomas, an English sailor and merchant of the late Tudor era.
I do not know much about Thomas, he is somehow wary with me, after all I am Italian…then a papist: he is faithful subject of Queen Elizabeth…and a strictly close to the English Church.
Few things I know about Thomas: after having retired from his adventurous life, he lives alone with his dog, the faithful Pandulph; in the past Thomas knew new, wild, lands on the other side of Atlantic ocean, sunny places in the South and in the far East of the world.
Now Thomas has enough money and one wish only…to spend the rest of his life quietly, enjoying the lovely meadows of his beloved Country; maybe, in the next future, he will look also for a wife but at the moment he wants an house.
Well, this is my new project… a 1:24 scale half timbered house of the late Tudor era... I'll call it "primrose house"; I’ll build it from scratch starting from a plan I got, not very accurate indeed but I’ll try to modify where necessary and keep the house as much authentic as I can.

Hope you'll like it :D

• Like 1

I just looked at your album, the pictures are really wonderful! Love your story, too. I am working on a 1:24 scale as well and mine is going to be the home of an elderly spinster lady that takes place after the first World War. I had to smile when I read your story about Thomas. Will be following your build of this house and your story!

I just love Pandolph!, but I'm partial to hounds! Thomas definitely looks as though he has prospered mightily. Lots of excitement starting today in your neck of the world, Sergio; will be watching for white smoke.

Sergio, the house and Thomas's story are both enchanting! I have a feeling that if Thomas chooses not to marry, he will at least look for a cook/housekeeper to look after his stomach and all of the wonderful souvenirs he collected on his travels. :)

• Like 1

I too love the build and story. My 2011 Spring Fling is an English cottage, built and remodeled and added on to over several centuries. It has a story which grew every day until the build was complete. I hope you are writing your story down to keep with the house. Thomas will appreciate it :)

I love what you are doing and the story with the house. I am especially partial to Pandulph!

thank you, Pandulph looks very proud of your comment

Sergio, I am enjoying both the story and the build. Looking forward to watching your progress!

Thank you I am glad you liked it

I'm guessing Thomas loves to cook also, because his kitchen is wonderful :)

Thank you, eheheh more than kooking Thomas likes to eat

I just looked at your album, the pictures are really wonderful! Love your story, too. I am working on a 1:24 scale as well and mine is going to be the home of an elderly spinster lady that takes place after the first World War. I had to smile when I read your story about Thomas. Will be following your build of this house and your story!

Thank you for your lovely comment

I just love Pandolph!, but I'm partial to hounds! Thomas definitely looks as though he has prospered mightily. Lots of excitement starting today in your neck of the world, Sergio; will be watching for white smoke.

Thank you from me, Thomas and Pandulph...the smke? probably it will takes some days...good luck to your Dolan

Sergio, the house and Thomas's story are both enchanting! I have a feeling that if Thomas chooses not to marry, he will at least look for a cook/housekeeper to look after his stomach and all of the wonderful souvenirs he collected on his travels. :)

thank you Kathie, actually Thomas asked me already to look for a competent housekeeper and added..."....good looking too"

I too love the build and story. My 2011 Spring Fling is an English cottage, built and remodeled and added on to over several centuries. It has a story which grew every day until the build was complete. I hope you are writing your story down to keep with the house. Thomas will appreciate it :)

Thank you Morgan...I'll try to keep you all informe about thomas and his story

It's very nice and I love the first set of photos. Looking forward to the next stages of your build!

thanks a lot Debora, I am pleased you liked it

• Like 1

Loving it all Sergio. Thomas most certainly will need a cook, and a maid and a groom for his horses (hmmm - horses need stables) etc etc. Your story and your build could go on and on - space permitting.

Loving it all Sergio. Thomas most certainly will need a cook, and a maid and a groom for his horses (hmmm - horses need stables) etc etc. Your story and your build could go on and on - space permitting.

thank you Jo but do not tempt me :D

Can't wait to see the progress and the next part of the story.

thank you GirlPiper for your kind comment