Does anyone know why these are going for so much?

madhatter

Sue Heaser's books are great! I have a couple of them - her "Making Doll's House Miniatures with Polymer Clay" includes directions for the choux pastry puffs. They're really easy, Jaimie, no practise required. :)

Sue Heaser's books are great! I have a couple of them - her "Making Doll's House Miniatures with Polymer Clay" includes directions for the choux pastry puffs. They're really easy, Jaimie, no practise required. :)

Thanks Jackie!! Appreciate the push of confidence. I'm holding off on those types of projects for the colder weather. Been buying the books and materials little by little (and on sale if possible!), so I'll be ready when the time comes. :)

If you spend enough money, you too can be famous for your doll houses..or your decorating..or your garden....

I know for a fact that there have been people famed for their miniatures collection that picked out a couple of pieces in a shop, then hired a decorator to buy everything else in their collection. Who gets the credit? Why Moneybags of course.

I'm bitter...an idiot in a Hummer came close to running us over at the crosswalk the other week, and yesterday a Rolls Royce kept trying to pass me in a no passing section of main street.

I'm bitter...an idiot in a Hummer came close to running us over at the crosswalk the other week, and yesterday a Rolls Royce kept trying to pass me in a no passing section of main street.

This morning I was sitting in my car listening to the rest of the radio program before running into work. a co-worker, who is friendly with my boss and in a manager/director level, pulled in next to me. There was a thud and my SUV shook. I though he had knocked on my vehicle but turns out he flew open his fancy car door too fast and smacked it into the side of mine! He looked right at me and ten back to his door. HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME. I waited until he left, then got out to find a scratch in my door paint at least 2-3 inches long, as well as thick and deep! As I went to my desk I passed him in the hallway, another opporutnity for him to say Oops! I'm sorry. or SOMETHING. Later in the day he called my boss and yet another opportunity to apologize, but nothing.

JERKS! I feel your pain, but I think my "story" is a little worse, only because its someone I know and see everyday. I really wanted to say something to him, but didn't because he is Director level and a friend of my boss.

Who gets the credit? Why Moneybags of course.
You are so right about that :)

JERKS! I feel your pain, but I think my "story" is a little worse, only because its someone I know and see everyday. I really wanted to say something to him, but didn't because he is Director level and a friend of my boss.

There is no excuss. I would have approached him about it as soon as it happened (Well I guess it depends on if it was our old beater car or our nice car). It dose make for an uncomfortable situation though :)

Im just a little confused about why all the items from this seller are going for crazy prices. Iv'e seen them on ebay before and they never shot through the roof like this. It seems only recently that the prices for this artists work have become sky high.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any ideas why. I know that its beautiful work, ive just never seen food get this high before.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Piece-Montee-Traditiona...1QQcmdZViewItem

Jenn

Yes I saw it and I think thats outrageous. OMG

Elaine

Jaimie, by law you are required to report that incident to the police. You should then report it to your insurance company.

Ya wanna? ya chicken?

People like that will stomp on anyone. To him you are no more than a bug.

Well, whatever you do.....I can understand if you're afraid to get in badly with the boss. Of course you could mention to the boss, with the old "I just don't know what to do. I hate to cause trouble for anyone, but the damage to my car is rather severe......" Maybe boss might bring it up...you know "old boy networking"?

Well, whatever you do.....I can understand if you're afraid to get in badly with the boss. Of course you could mention to the boss, with the old "I just don't know what to do. I hate to cause trouble for anyone, but the damage to my car is rather severe......" Maybe boss might bring it up...you know "old boy networking"?

Thank you for the advice. I do appreciate it. I'm not worried about getting in bad with the boss. He's a great guy. I'm lucky. I've been here a little over a year. When I was employed for about 3 months when Hubby & i were having problems and he announced he wanted a divorce. (We've gotten through that and things are much better, I made him see that there are two sides to every "story"/marriage and he gets it much better now. Plus our cummunication is much better!) The day after the "announcement", as I call it, Boss saw I was "down" and me asked me into his office. He shut the door and said "You don't look like your normal self." (normal?? he'd only known me for 3 months! :D ) "If there is anything that you need just let me know." I took a deep breath and very briefly told him there were problems with my marriage and husband announced divorce, so I really wasnt sure what was going on and I planned to do my best to not affect my job performance. He is a divorced man so he know the hard time it can be. He was so nice, not prying and doesn't go into lots of detail about his personal stuff, but told me that if I need to take time, or if I needed to make a personal phone call during the day that just to let him know and I could use his office. Isn't that great?! Anyway.. he's a good guy, a big joker kind though. Sometimes he says things and I am so gullible I believe him! :lol: The only reason I don't say anythihg to him is that I don't want to put him in the middle of anything.

Its ironic that the guy to slammed his door into my vehicle yesterday is usually a nice guy. I really think he was more embarrassed than anything else. Its a door mark, not a huge dent. It Pi**ed me off yesterday, and I'm still perterbed about him not saying anything, but you can't avoid them anywhere you park. My turck probaly has a few but this once was "more personal", I guess.

Jaime, Our neighbor`s daughter is an awful driver. When she was living there we used to cringe every time she backed out of their driveway and would come thisclose to our cars. One morning I came out and found a huge dent in our drivers side door! We were livid!

We knew that it was the dd, but we couldnt prove it. It happened at night. There was damage to her back bumper but that is cause she must have been backing into alot of things. They avoided us for a week and then acted like nothing happened.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was in a very bad car accident a week later and the camry was totalled. We got a very good price and was able to get our new car (camry was paid for already).

We never said anything and I think that is why I dont like them. Not a grudge thing just the fact that it always is in the air that they damaged our car and never owned up to it...they could have well afforded to fix it.

If you dont want to have bad blood between you, I would say something. I wish I had.

there has been a long discussion going on over at ebay custom dollshouse and miniatures forum about this.

various theories about shill bidding, the sellers friends bidding and then mutually wihdrawing the bid. all to get publicity.

the listings say they have an exhibition in a french museum, but apparantly they don't (think its one cake in a display of other stuff)

if you hype something up so much, if you notice for the first few cakes that the bidding was sky high on, its was the same few bidders, now the prices have got somewhat more sensible, with £20 for ONE slice of cake

probably thinking they were getting a bargin, with one cake going for so much.

apparently someone came up with this theory for the girls name

quote from ebay group

'She goes by the name Emma Flam and according to the dictionary, "flam" is:

1. a deception or trick.

2. a falsehood; lie.

–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)

[Origin: 1615–25; short for flim-flam] '

makes you think, just a bit of the right kind of publicity

If you dont want to have bad blood between you, I would say something. I wish I had.

I agree. Years ago I was parking in a restaurant lot to meet a group of friends for lunch. As I walked away from my vehicle, a couple in a car signalled to pull into the spot beside mine. They were two of the friends I was meeting, so I waved to them, and continued into the restaurant. (I didn't know them all that well, so didn't wait to walk in with them.) After a few minutes, they entered and joined our table. The husband leant down to me and said in a joking manner, "I think I've just bumped your car with mine." I was a little surprised, and asked if it was damaged. He said, "Oh no, it's nothing to worry about." After lunch (they left before I did), I returned to my car. The driver's side was badly scratched, and slightly dented all along the side! I was upset that he had made out that there was no damage - but I never mentioned it to him, and he never said another word about it. Although that car is long gone, I still have a nasty feeling in my stomach about that day. The couple faded out of my circle of friends, and I have to say I'm relieved. I always felt awkward, and a little sick around them. Jaimie, for your own sake, please ask this guy to step up to the plate - not in those words, obviously! He needs to do the right thing.

'She goes by the name Emma Flam and according to the dictionary, "flam" is:

Am a flam.

Till this week I had only bought one thing on ebay. I used think how easy it would be to drive a price up and back out by simply by using a friend or another I.D.

That's one reason I feel uncomfortable about using it, that and the ebay, pay pal scamming mail I get.

It is very hard to be safe on ebay or paypal for sure!!

I get at least 10 fake emails a day but I have a tool bar to let me know if it is not a real sight it has kept me safe 3 times because the emails looked so real I clicked it.

She does have people talking about her stuff for sure!

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether it'll help you but I live in France in the Creuse region (middle of France) and theres a definite lack of dollshouse shops here! I've been here for the past 18 months and I haven't caught a single sniff of a shop yet and it's not through lack of trying either. Unless you want to travel to the likes of Paris or another large city then the only other alternatives seem to be either shopping by post/internet or by looking on Ebay. Before I moved here I used to be a regular visitor to my local dollshouse shop and I'm getting serious withdrawal symptons!!! If anybody could tell me if theres any shops at all in the Creuse region of France then I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Heather

:wacko::dunno: :help:

Is it cover in 24 karat gold? :o It doesn't look very inviting. :dunno:

We had an exchange student from france. She got married several years back. I am going to go through her wedding pictures and see if her cake looks like that.

Along with the gold it must have crushed diamonds and rubys in the iceing :wacko:

You know that thing sold for $865.79 american. And isn't it odd how the 2 most frequent bidders had the same amount of feedback. They probably tag team a lot and alternate wins. Geez, I paid $150 for my real wedding cake. And it fed 100!

I backed into a neighbors car. It left a scuff. I went and knocked on the door and confessed even though I did not like them. Then I repaired the damage. Sorry I did as their kids played tictactoe on the side of my car on day. Another neighbor saw and told me. Kids denied it when I asked them. Had no proof to go to the parents.

People say that beauty costs a lot.

this is not the exception.

Beautiful work, but everyone can make something like this or too much better, because it will be something exceptional, wonderful.

I made some bread, and its really tasty, some fruits an very realistic.

but some people went crazy when they see something really easy to do.

jejeje.

Marcela

Pdta. beautiful baby.