Shouldn't have gotten up this morning ...

CheckMouse

This was not a good day for me, and I’m usually an upbeat person. FIRST, I was talking too long on a business call, and forgot about another appointment. Dashed out in a hurry and was ½ hour late. (and I really, really hate to be late) THEN, coming home from that appointment, I noticed a police car behind me on a small 2-lane road. I get very nervous around policemen so decided to pull over asap to let him pass. But the car right in front of me apparently didn’t like him there either, and he pulled over first. I thought it would look suspicious of 2 of us left the road, so I watched for the next right turn to get out of the way. TOO LATE, the blue lights came on! I knew I wasn’t speeding. He said my tags were expired; in all the busy-ness of my 12-hour-a-day job in August I didn’t see the letter reminding me to renew the tags. So he gave me a ticket – not a warning, a full-blown $250 ticket! :p BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! I picked up the mail when I got home and saw one for my husband – sometime in the December madness a letter was sent to him to turn in an eye exam report for his commercial driver’s license. I forgot to tell him. His license was just suspended; we live in WA, he’s working in NE, and he’s a professional driver.

To prove how badly this all affected me – my long-awaited order from HBS was also waiting at the house – and I didn’t even want to open it. I would like to crawl into a mini-cave and slam the door on Real Life! RL in NOT fun anymore! :clap:

Yikes Claudia, what a horrible day, all you can do is put it behind you - it happened - its passed - open your HBS package and make the next day a good one to counteract all that other stuff.

What an awful day, I hope that tomorrow truly is sooooo much better and that you can let your new minis give some sort of escape!

Sending lots and lots of hugs along with positive energy your way!!!

Thank you all for your sympathy! I just had to blow off steam somewhere! I did finally open my HBS box. Most of it is the basic supplies (siding, electrical) but I also had treated myself to some totally adorable mice that HBS just got in. I love mice! (You may have already suspected that.) They come in a set of 3, and sshhhh, I bought 2 sets! Here they are, checking out my 1/144 Farmhouse. They might be moving in, but two of them got sidetracked when they found a block of cheese in the yard. Silly mice!

post-4286-1294179566_thumb.jpg

Each day is a new beginning. YOu cannot change yesterday, it is history. You cannot plan ahead much as that is in the future. All you have is today. And even parts of that are now lost to you! Just go with the flow!

Chocolate soothes even the worst days. Lots and lots of chocolate. Just don't let the mice get it.

Now there's a quote I can live with!! Well, I just saw this post and I certainly hope

that the negativity has blown over.Today was a new day and I hope a better one!

PS: those mice are so cute!!Good choice! :)

Yikes ... what a terrible sequence of events. Hope you are out of your little cave and running full tilt again.

As to sayings, my dad always used to say this one: "Cheer up, things could be worse, so I did, and it was!"

Some people don't get this one but I love it. I always think of this one when I'm having a "Murphy" kind of day.

As to sayings, my dad always used to say this one: "Cheer up, things could be worse, so I did, and it was!"

Some people don't get this one but I love it. I always think of this one when I'm having a "Murphy" kind of day.

Love it! Thanks for reminding me. I've heard that before but it's been awhile. :) I'm still dealing with a bunch of the garbage from that day, but it's under better control now. Thanks for letting me blow off steam!

Yikes, what a lousy chain of events, both car related, too! It'll get better, really. We all go through cycles of yukky events like this. No way to solve it except to grit your teeth and ride out the bad wave.

I agree with Grynche..find some chocolate and DIG IN! Feed Hubby some chocolate too.

Love the mice, btw. I like your little 1:144 house too!

• 2 weeks later...