My latest House

Here are pictures of my latest house !! I created the pond myself and I used scenic water pellets for the water. It turned out good. This one is called Frog's Pond Cottage

:rolleyes:

You can see it by clicking this picture:

2186710440037881673lbPfLG_th.jpg

The short stor goes like this but there is a more detailed story line for this house:

There was a young man named Ken who owned a beautiful stone cottage. He decided to make a pond for his enjoyment because he loved the look and beauty of water creatures. After he made this beautiful pond he happened to look out his window one day and he saw a beautiful glow coming from that pond. He decided to go outside and get a better look and what he saw a beautiful Fairy Enchantress.

She came to his pond every night and he would sit on a nearby stone and watch her swim. Finally, he decided he would do ANYTHING to be her size so that she would give him attention so he decided to let the fairy know that he had fallen in love with her. Well, she told him that they could never be together because he was a human and she was a fairy and asked him to stop bugging her about it. Well, she started going to the pond at a different time of day hoping she could still enjoy this pond because the water was so sweet. But the young man must have watched out his window day & night because he ALWAYS found her.

One evening he begged her to tell him she loved him too and that he would do anything to just be her size so he could look her in the eye and let her see that he truly loved her. It was then that she decided to grant him his wish and she turned him into a frog since he would be her height as a frog. He could only be human after the sun set at night time.

the moral of the story is to always be specific about what you ask for and never to fall in love with a fairy

Tracy,

Your houses never fail to take my breath away. It's just beautiful! As for poor Ken heheh I think there's a second moral to the story - when a woman says No - don't keep bugging her! heheh poor ol froggy guy :rolleyes:

-David

Tracy --

That is adorable! The story is wonderful too. Especially love all the "critters" -- makes it look so real. The pond turned out beautifully. The turtle is a perfect touch.

Incidentally, we have a real "frog pond" in our yard -- also surrounded by stone (actually 200# boulders!) and your pond reminds of it -- I can just hear the little dudes at your house croaking!

Thank you all for your kind words! I enjoyed creating this house. I got the turtle, bird and frog from hobby lobby last week. They were restocking the miniature isle and as they were adding stuff I was buying it up :rolleyes:

David, faries are supposed to be bad so for a change one of my short storie has a bad farie in it :blink: . Usually they are helpful.

Charlene, do you have pictures of your pond?

Heidi, it only takes practice. You can do it and I am cheering for you!

Peggi Dear, Thank you for your sweet words! They encourage me to move on. Now, back to the Lily!! :(

I like the way you did the paved yard, it's both rustic & formal at the same time. No wonder poor Ken fell in love with a fairy! I guess he's still on the rebound from Barbie dumping him for Blaine!

David, faries are supposed to be bad so for a change one of my short storie has a bad farie in it ;) . Usually they are helpful.

LOL :( Awe she doesn't sound like a bad fairie just a fairie... I can almost hear her saying "now why would anyone put in sucha lovely pond if they didn't want me swimming in it! hmpf" .. and "now who does that human think he is anyway peeping at me like that! Can't a girl get a little privacy?" and in her womanly right "If he's going to act like a toad he can just look like one! so there!" (even though she turned him to a frog) hehehe :D You Go little fairy gal! :lol: Actually that would make a cute kids story :lol:

:D David

The house is beautiful Tracy, the brickwork is amazing. The story is so cute, I read it to my daughter and she loved it (she's 6 and loves anything with faries, princesses and kittens :( )

Thank You Marg, Amy, Sharon, Holly, David & Annette!

This was a fun one to do. I left off the porch and I don't have windows in the little circle windows yet I will add that tonight.

:(

Writing stories is my other favorite thing to do :lol:

It's beautiful Tracy! Once again, you've out done yourself. The frog pond is just perfect too. I looooooooove frog ponds!

Deb

Great looking house, neat story, sounds like your fairie is related to the Djinn, the guys who became transformed into the cutesypie genies in various children's stories. The Djinn were supposed to be incredibly nasty sods who had the power to do anything, the only caveat being they could only use their power to grant wishes, talk about having to be careful about being specific.

I usually don't post because I'm a newbie, but your house is so beautiful that I just had to!

Can I ask how you made the windows look so realistic? I'm working on the Glencroft right now and would just love to be able to make windows even half as good as yours.

-Krista

Welcome to the forum Krista! Thank you for your kind words about my house. I used transparency film to create my own window designs and then I used gallery glass over them. Have you seen my Coventry Cottage Blog? I have it in there too. Also my Arthur Blog talks about transparencies.