Steam Punk

havanaholly

wow it seems this appeals to lots of us 'closet' steampunkers :wave:

now if i was 30 years younger i'd be wearing that stuff :p

I'm inspired to make things for the gentleman of the Beacons...up in his steampunk tower ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I love that witch too...thanks for sharing that picture!

A community build or project would be fun! I rented the movie Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde with Robert Downy Jr. ....its very steampunk~esque. Im attracted to the gothic aspects of steampunk,and the idea of using something old in a new, interesting way.

looky looky what i found :wub:

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=htt...%26tbs%3Disch:1

theres a really fab spooky house in her pics too :laughbounce:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cauldroncraft...57621921145619/

Bendantia is one of my Etsy teammates and her work is absolutely wonderful. She's a very sweet lady too. Her Etsy store, Cauldron Crafts, is here and she tends to do something steampunk fairly often.

Deb

We had a Steampunk night at the Gothic club here in Gainesville a few years back when I was still single. Lots of fun and creativity. Never thought of building a dh with that theme, but excellent idea.

spent sometime over the weekend making Steampunk stuff for the Beacon ...the gentleman of the house is a bit of a Steampunker :popcorn:

was fun to do but i had to stop myself from Steampunking everything in sight :D

best pic i could get sorry...my photographic skills are sometimes a bit tragic :woohoo:

Oh cool Linda! Very nice stuff!

That's funny, I was looking for my watch parts that I bought months ago to do something steampunk with (cuz I was in the mood too)!

I however, put them in one of those "safe places" and now I can't find them. *sigh*

I'll be joining you soon...that is if I can find them all :D

I love it! Isn't it fun? I started my first steampunk bed this week and am thinking that this is going to be an addiction inside of an addiction.

Deb

Yep, apparently time IS on our side, Monica :)

The website I found for the movie version time machine is www.comet-miniatures.com - they have some great kits, although more than I can comfortably spend right now.

I'm so intrigued by the steampunk look...never tried it, but I think I will give it a whirl on my handmade greeting cards :) - and of course, the mini applications are endless... :banana:

I haven't gotten that far yet Monica - but I do know that I will try to have working lights on it now that I'm not afraid of LED's any longer :) - have soldering tool, will travel :banana: Guess I will have to try and solder up those teeny tiny "cages" that surround the lights on top of control panel. :hug:

If I look a bit deeper, I bet I can come up with a way to motorize the disk...just depends how elaborate I'm willing to go, I guess. Next thing ya know, I'll be building the "tantalus box" the mini version was enclosed in in the movie :( Course, that would look uber-cool all steampunked out, dontcha think??? :)

Oh cool Brae! How do you find this stuff? lol

:) Just call me the Second Assistant Consultant. I don't know where it comes from - but you mentioned spinning, and I thought, "PINWHEELS!" So, I googled it and found that crafty site. :banana:

Ok, here's a pic or 2 of the disk so far...not perfect, but it will do I think. The hardest part for me was finding the "shape" in plastic that would work...I finally decided on the lid from a plastic Chinese take-out container (DH is a fool for Chinese take-out and I had oodles of the lids, so...) I just cut it down to the size I thought would work (approx. 5-1/2") I spray painted it with brown "Fusion" paint first, then went over it with Krylon metallic champagne color spray paint. The copper pieces are Gallery Glass Redi-Lead strips that I brushed with copper paint. (those redi-lead strips are God's gift to miniaturists, I tell ya! LOVE them!) I still want to add "somethin' to the back of it to try and make the back appear more rounded, although not sure what that would be... :)

Anyway, that's my progress so far... (not very steampunk-y, but seeing as the Time Machine is in this thread...here it is)