Meeko's house pix

fairymom

My 10 year old daughter, Meeko, and i have been building a house this summer. we have been promising a picture for a couple of weeks now, well here it is! Meeko's debut dollhouse. She has built and decorated with only guidance and a little help from me. :lol: She's really enjoying it. we are waiting for the wire to get here before we can finish it, i hope it gets here today as I have a castle to build soon! :lol: -hollypost-725-1151167131_thumb.jpg

Oops :D Here's a picture of the inside. -hollypost-725-1151167257_thumb.jpg

Sigh, your daughter is simply adorable and the house is amazing. It makes me wish my daughter was into dollhouses. She would rather play with rifles and roll in the dirt. Geeze I thought at 16 she would out grow it. Oh well!

Keep us posted with pictures. Its always great to see the diffrent things people do with their houses.

It's beautiful, you did a great job Meeko :lol: . Your mom must be very proud of you. I can only hope when my little girl gets a bit older she'll want to build and decorate her own dh.

Annette :D

the attic painting is Very cool!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. :lol: . Sadly, the attic is not a painting :D (wish i could paint so well-grin)the slanted wall is covered with a piece of scrapbook paper :lol: (don't want to misrepresent ourselves :lol: ). i love to use scrapbooking paper as wallpaper because there is such a great variety. for the haunted house we found some that looks like old stained victorian wallpaper! works perfectly. i used to seal the papers with a matte sealer spray before gluing them on with wallpaper paste but i don't seal them anymore and i get the same results. Meeko is away visiting her grandparents today but i will show her this thread when she returns! thank you all for the encouragement.

:lol: btw, she is getting alot of her friends interested in dollhouses. when they come over they all huddle around the house and she shows them what's what. A new generation of dollhouse builders? maybe we can bring interest back to the craft. :D - Holly

What a great job Meeko is doing on her first dollhouse! It must be great to have a daughter in your house who your can talk to who enjoys and appreciates this hobby. Well done, Meeko! Keep up the good work,