Happy Birthday Jo Med!

what2craftnow

Dear all,

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I've had a fab weekend in London with John. We went to the Kensington Doll House festival (I won a VIP pass plus a DVD of people creating houses by entering a Dolls House magazine contest a couple of months ago). My Mother gave me some dosh to buy a special something and I got the most fantabulous light fitting for Rutland Grange and John bought me a - guess what-----a daybed. Yeah I know I have got daybeds coming out of my ears but this is so special. Its by Ron Hubble who was exhibiting there so any of you familiar with his stuff will know that this is something incredible and out of this world. I promise to post pictures tomorrow.

We also went to see a show - Stomp - which was great fun - loud infectious and funny. Sauntered around Soho at night taking in the sights - and there are some sights there and this morning visited Frederic Leighton's studio house in Kensington. He was a famous artist and he build a studio house which is huge - will post a pic tomorrow - but it has just 1 small sparse bedroom - the rest of the house is devoted to gallery space, an arabian hall and a huge studio - its magnificent and will be part of the inspriation for Rutland Grange. - I was in heaven.

Still floating - night night all.

Pics posted as promised and although I planned to take lots of pics at the festival, it was the same old story again - sellers over here do not like you to photograph their stuff so rather than cause offence, I kept my camera in my bag most of the time.

There are a couple of pics of my birthday treats and some of the Frederic Leighton house which anyone with a love of exotic decoration should enjoy.

Gotta get back to the Spring Fling now - so much to do so little time to do it.

Cheers