Today’s effort.

glen

Here's today’s go. Was going to wait till it was finished to show but couldn't.

The light and dark will hopefully disappear with oiling and the entire frame, bar the head board, will be covered by duvet. I want to put a little picture of a flower in the recess.

Hopefully it’ll come together all right.

Cheers

Glen

It is looking Great Glen! The detail of the picture in the recess sounds really nice too. Can't wait to see the next picture of this when complete. Will you be able to change the bedding or are you gonna make it staionary?

Wow Glen,

Great looking bed. Your daughter's lucky to have a dad that's so handy at woodworking. Looks like it's made of oak from the photo - great job! Wish I was that handy.

-David :lol:

Thanks guys.

Rimu and Kauri in New Zealand are as Oak in England. That’s largely why I have to make furniture rather than buy it. Can't buy remu furniture.

Pity because to be perfectly honest I reckon the pre-made furniture is very good value.

Cheers

Glen

Yes baby has seen it. Showed her how barbie fits on it and she imediately took her off and replaced her with two families of sauvarian mice and bears. Very cool.

Yes I do have access to a lot of gear but most of the work is done at home with almost nothing.

Turning the legs for the bed got me a lot of ribbing.

Tiny little pieces of wood spinning at 2000RPM in a four jaw chuck on a two ton lathe. Just a little overkill.

Cheers

Glen

Is that a garage that fits in the base? Don't see why it shouldn't be possible. Is it supposed to cantilever? Remember I can't read schmatics to save my life.

As for the tools, Sieg has a great line of mini machine tools. I have the X-1 Micro Mill and C-2 Mini Lathe. While they look small they're definitely substantial. The mill is better than a hundred pounds and the lathe's over 90. Cast iron and steel, no aluminum in these guys. trying to get the garden in order right now, but hope to set up a little shop in the basement in the near future. Bet you'd love these guys.

Yes baby has seen it. Showed her how barbie fits on it and she imediately took her off and replaced her with two families of sauvarian mice and bears.

:lol: Obviously, Baby has her own version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Regardless of who's sleeping in it, that's a very cool bed Glen! Excellent job!

Deb

Darn!

Same problem with the bed linen. Hoped it would hang more naturally being a full 2" drop but it didn't.

Some time next week I'll try washing it but I don’t think that’s going to help.

Yes I'll trim off the little daggy bits.

Will have to look at either a different type of bed covering (as well as throws which I will definitely do) or make the duvet a fitted shape around the ends.

Drat drat drat.

Oh well. Sigh

Couldn't quite get my head around making the linen non functional unfortunately. That would be easiest. But...

Cheers

Glen