Lighthouse

Gayle

The packing material just cried out to be used for something. Originally I intended to use it as a template but the more I looked at it, it just seemed to say 'Paint me', so I did. The Mariner's compass seemed an appropriate theme too.

Why no stairs?
If the 1:12 scale kit is like the 1:24, stairs didn't come with it. I figured out how I want to do stairs in the smaller version and when I get home it'll be one of the things I'll work on.

Really nice! Why no stairs? It would be great with stairs circling the walls. Is he going to furnish it?

I did ask DH what kind of stairs he wanted, straight up or spiral. It was his decision not to install stairs. I asked him what kind of furniture he wanted, his decision was no furniture either. Since it was a gift for him, I did it his way.

It might be hard to furnish the lighthouse anyway. Everything would have to sit in the middle of the floor because of the way the walls taper.