I bought this house from micheals

asherah

Well, we want to see pictures!

Here they are. Doesn't look like much for an hour of work! :hmm:

post-7-1251691784_thumb.jpg post-7-1251691792_thumb.jpg

The square on the side wall shows where the bay window will be. Also now that I look at these they look a little crooked... looks like I might need to futz with the holes a little bit. I was enlarging the original holes and I guess I wasn't real careful to measure and make sure they were even...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the little windows on either side of the second floor, you're right, it looks just like the Arthur! Maybe my eyes are crooked, the windows look a hair "off" in the first picture and OK in the second...

Is that door half-scale? It looks perfect! :)

Yep! It's made by Houseworks. When I was deciding which door to use I noticed that the door in the puzzle house is very tall. For most standard sized half scale doors, I was going to end up with the tops of the windows higher than the door, which seemed really odd to me. But scooting down the windows put them too close to the floor. (And the ones I chose are actually smaller than most; if I'd gone with Houseworks windows I think the house would have looked really out of scale.) This door is taller than the standard sized door though (due to the round window up top), so balance has been restored!

I'm not as imaginative as the rest of you. I'm just going to do mine like a regular house. :p

Love your house Sherry. Your house is coming along beautifully too Fov. I still have a puzzle house under the couch. My DD isn't in the "right" mood for it yet. She has already said it's going to be a Fairy house, and it's all planned out in her head, and I'm not to touch it, till she's ready. LOL

Made some progress today! I finished preparing my window and door holes, cut siding, and glued the front and sides to the first floor. Here are a few pictures of the dry-fit.

post-7-1252737419_thumb.jpg post-7-1252737427_thumb.jpg post-7-1252737434_thumb.jpg

I can't decide what to do about the porch. I want to replace the porch pieces from the kit with Houseworks railings but can't decide if I should keep the roof or not. I left it off my Arthur but always felt like the front of the house was sort of off-balance. But with the roof, it feels kind of cluttered and it's harder to see the front door and windows. What do you guys think?

I continue to be impressed by the quality of this kit. The wood is smooth and easy to work with and the pieces fit together well. I'm leaving out a lot of the clunky connector pieces and worried that I'd have trouble figuring out how to fit the house together without them, but so far it hasn't been hard. Of course, it's a really simple design, but still this is a great deal for the price!

Wow, I am really impressed by the elegant and professional look you are achieving! Heck, I am not about to give you advice about the railing - I am utterly convinced you will come up with a much more effective decision than I could! I can hardly wait to see this finished - it is just lovely! By the way, I totally agree with you: the quality of the wood on these kits is amazing. I wish some of the 1:12 scale kits had wood this nice!

I agree, also. I would buy another of their houses anytime. They are so well made and easy to assemble! The only thing I had to alter was to trim a couple of tabs, and rearrange the gable on one porch, and no gaps between pieces to worry with. The second one I made like that didn't even need the gable moved, so I think that was probably my mistake with the first one. I sure did enjoy making them!

Fov, yours is looking so good! Personally, I don't think a house looks right without a covered porch over the front-just my opinion!

If I didn't just make that very puzzle house I wouldn't have known it was the same thing! Its really coming along nice and looks wonderful with the modifications! Wow! Just looking at the pictures makes me want to do another one!

PS I am going to Virginia Beach for a little vacation does anyone know of a Dollhouse store over there that is still open for business? I have never been to a real dollhouse store!

PS I am going to Virginia Beach for a little vacation does anyone know of a Dollhouse store over there that is still open for business? I have never been to a real dollhouse store!

Hey Roxy,

I don't know of one at the beach, although if you find one, please let me know! The one in Williamsburg closed. There are 3 on the way to the beach here in the Richmond area. I think the easiest to get to on that trip would be Bell's Exclusives, near the Richmond airport. They are open Tues. through Sat., usually 10-3, and I think late on Thurs. The other 2 are The Dollhouse Shop on Patterson Ave., and King William Miniatures on Lakeside Ave.

Have a fun trip!

I found some of those erasers like yours, Roxxie! I got two that have Japanese potato chip labels on them, which will be the right scale for feed bags, with a new label on them...this is for my newest project after the antique shop. I also got an adorable pink puppy for the fairy godmother!

But the coolest thing I found was teensy spiders! They are actually earrings but are black metal with rhinestone bodies. I got the ones with the black rhinestones and they look pretty realistic. They are also for my newest project as tarantulas in the garden!

Traci! Thanks....Richmond would be a tad out of my way and I KNOW my companion won't want to go out of his way....it might make our trip "time" more. Men...you know...gotta make the best "time" rather than smell the roses along they way...lol

I will check it out in the phone book I guess when I get over there.

Sherry, I looked through the erasers for you again the other day but they were pretty well picked over for anything that would be in scale. I am sure I will have my mini-eye out looking while I am away.

See you later! :flowers:

I found them today in the Coach House Gifts store at the mall! No teapots but plenty of food, a teddy bear, a darling puppy for the fairy godmother, I wrote about it in the Michael's house thread. Also, if you see a Coach House shop, they have spider earrings that are a great size for dh spiders! I got a pair for my next project after the antique shop.

I made a bit more progress today - added a base (since I didn't like the gap under the porch), finished preparing my siding, and glued in the first floor room divider and second floor. Tomorrow I hope to finish putting together the structure and get my siding up, maybe even start painting.

post-7-1252810459_thumb.jpg post-7-1252810465_thumb.jpg

If you're curious how I did the base, I put up a few more pics and an explanation on my website.

This house is great fun - provides instant gratification!

I was at Michael's today and unfortunately didn't see any more puzzle houses, but they had a ton of other Creatology puzzles. It's weird to me that they restock the other ones but not the houses (or maybe they just never sold out of the others?!)

I heard that "seasonal" thing from one of the clerks but it's weird to me that only the houses are seasonal.

I wonder if printing out this 52-page thread (along with the threads about where to find those houses and some pics of what people have done with them) and mailing it to whoever buys stock for Michael's would make a difference?

I't might be worth a try, or just send them the link and suggest they read it. I sure do want some more of them. I have an idea about making Christmas gifts from them, but instead of all minis, making them into memory boxes with memorabilia,pictures, etc in them.