I bought this house from micheals

asherah

Shannon,

I just looked through my collection but there was no duckie :music_band:. I have a fish, a teddybear, a couple of dogs and one cat that I just painted like my cat. I will keep my eyes open for you if you like! I love looking for things!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting down to the details with my house but really frustrated with the kitchen now. I tried to make dishes from clay and they are so lopsided and they cracked. Then I tried to make a teapot from tiny candle holders you buy in the wood section but it was way too big.....boo hoo my other rooms are coming out nicely but the kitchen is at a deadend for the moment. ok I am done whining.... :)

LOL Sherry! I love this cute 1/2 size but its hard to find things small enough. I have some ideas after looking through my junk reserve what I can do. Maybe I should have put the bathroom there and left out the kitchen! :)

I was looking through the buttons but really need tiny flat ones like the ones you sew on the back side of a garment ...you know when you have a button on the front and the back? I was opening bottles all over the house looking inside the caps for those flat sealer pieces but apparently they aren't using them any more. I am so goofy when I walk in a parking lot anywhere I am always looking at the ground to see if there is anything I can salvage...I am going to get hit by a bus probably while seaching for anything miniature :)

Which house are you going to make?

I've gotten as far as printing off wallpaper for my next one, I need to get it fitted together better and the walls marked so I can paper it. But now that I'm so closed to finishing my farmhouse, I've gotten a little obsessed with it!

I haven't started my puzzle house yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has picked up the CD holder shaped like a house, that Michael's is selling now? I think Miniature Collector had an article about these a month or so ago. It costs about $5 and is perfectly sized for half scale - plus it's already assembled! It's made by DecoArt but I can't find a picture of it on their website. I already started tearing mine apart... it has some windows on it that aren't to scale, but you can rip them out and use the openings for half scale windows. I got some Lemax brick at the mini store yesterday (for about half the price as the half scale brick sheets HBS carries!) and plan to make a little townhouse out of it.

I'll definitely get to the puzzle houses someday, but this one seemed better for instant gratification...

Aha! I have FINALLY put the shell of my Michael's house (the one with the bay windows) together. I am also doing some pretty intensive work on a special 1:12 house (sorry, no details on that one yet) so I am going back and forth: while one dries, I work on the other. I am just glad to have finally gotten started. I am pleased with the shell so far . . . I have done some steps to strengthen it and I think it is going to be a nice solid little house. When I have something done that's worth looking at, I'll post pics.

Fov I have done two of those cd houses. The pictures are on here somewhere. I am still working on them at the same time as my puzzle house. They were fun to do since they were already assembled. I like the decorating better than the assembling anyway. :)

Get some mini-wax. That way you can rearrange if you want to. If no one there carries it, you can order it from Craftsetc. It's an absolute must for keeping things in place!

I glued a few things because they are so tiny I thought I would lose them for certain. I found this stuff in staples that is a reusable adhesive. You take tiny piece of it, roll it to make it plyable and then stick whatever with it. Maybe this is better than glue. I glued everything down in my CD houses and wish I hadn't. Oh well.

Would you believe I bought ANOTHER puzzle house in Michaels today for $2? I will save it or make it for my sister for Christmas...better yet I might let her make it herself!

I had a 50 % off coupon which made it $4 and for some reason she gave me another 50% off......I didn't even realize until after I had left the store because I had a bunch of other items in the mix.

I also got a set of battery operated mini lights I thought I might try to use in my next house. I can't figure out how to get them installed into the house with the veranda since its already assembled and decorated....fooey I wish I had found them earlier!

Love those Micheal houses!! Almost done with the pig's house, but let me tell ya, you don't know the meaning of trouble, until you have assembled a 1/2 inch printie computer!!!!!! My son says, The Pig's demanded it! It took 2 hours, to put those 3 tiny parts together, but I am victorious!! Wonder if the T.V. will be as much of a challenge? I am working on curtains, I've upholstered 1 chair to match the couch, and just need to paint a couple more peices of furniture. Pics of the finished unit coming soon. Too late to make noise with the cam tonight.

I got the one with the verandah out yesterday and figured out how to add the porch with those pinwheel shapes. So now, I'm marking off floorboards and found 1/2 scale wallpaper to print off. I'm ready to get started on one of these. I think it will be shabby chic....maybe!

All of your houses sound and look great.

Did any one put lighting into thier house?

I still have a few touch up to do on mine, I made a window seat in the top floor and because it's so thin I haven't decided whether to make a seat or a small bed. There really isn't a whole lotta room in there.

Used to working with GL 1inch.

I haven't even started the furniture yet. That in itself looks kinda interesting.

Dar

Sue I am laughing about your printie computer because I have been trying to think of a way to make a computer for my Violet house also. I have that printie for the computer but my stupid printer does not print anything well anymore. I thought I would make a laptop from two tiny scrap punch out pieces ( I save every scrap) and just make it a reasonable representation......but its soooooooo TINY! lol

I would love to see how yours came out. I need to work on things in my real house that I live in....I get so engrossed in the mini house I don't get anything done in my own! :wave: