I want to give up

OK, something must be wrong here. I bashed my Buttercup, measured carefully, did a second dry-fit with the first floor. But trying to get the second floor into dryfit - :lol: it won't work - I don't have enough hands, the bashed-pieces I've glued together until I can make them stronger once I know the dh will fit together are starting to come apart. All of this has made me start crying because I can't get it to work!

I know that if I ask DH to help me he could work it out, but I wanted to do this on my own, if for no other reason than to say that I did it myself, but it won't work :p ! What am I doing wrong? Why won't things go together properly for me without have to have 3-4 sets of hands? And the masking tape wasn't really helping that much, either!

Right now, I just want to give up and cry!

Yeah, that is the only time the kit give me problems (When I bash them). Take a break and things will look different (better) later on and you may be able to fix the edited parts so that they fit right. :lol: Don't worry!! Really, it'll be okay and you ay not need hubby to help you fix it.

There, there, Liza {hug}, you have reached the point we all come to, and this is where you step away from the kit, close the door, go run yourself a hot tub, grab a trashy novel and a few choccies and purge the kit/ bash completely from your mind for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be better (even if it's a few days later). I have had several places where I want to pick up the kit & bash it against the wall! I think the last time that mappened with the buttercup was when I discovered the kit had no interior window or door trim, and I vented my frustrations making some.

Everyone feels that way on occasion. Holly is right, take a break. Clean house or something and when you least expect it, the solution to the problem will pop into your head. As far as asking DH for help, that's what they are there for, an extra set of hands! After all, every architect hires some manual labor to do the scut work!

Thanks for the words of encouragemetn, I really appreciate it. I did leave the kit alone then had a good cry about it and a few other things (when I cry, I usually call it 'crashing', as it's at a point were life is too much to handle).

No, I did not damage the kit in my frustration. I jusy gave up on it and walked away, leaving the pieces in a pile where they were, feeling very useless in life again. I have so many ideas, for dh's and RL, that it is just so frustrating to not be able to carry them out myself!

DH said he will help me this morning to try and figure things out, and that he really doesn't mind helping me.

Thanks again for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has ever felt like this! :lol:

You'll find, I imagine, that once he starts helping you out a bit, he will get more interested in what's going on. Then you can put him to work doing the things you don't want to like cutting skinny sticks while you glue them down! That would be heaven! And another set of eyes, along with another imagination, is always good. He may come up with some great ideas. Even if he doesn't, it can be something else you both can share to at least some degree. That's a good thing!

I'm glad you didn't take the house and bash it with a hammer! As it's been said before, we've all felt that urge, and yep, just walk away!

The Buttercup was by far the hardest to get to fit right of the few houses I've built. It would dry fit perfect, but when the glue came it, it was gap city! I finally decided that it was just going to have to have tons of spackle and a slightly better than normal wallpaper job. (I didn't do as good a job on the wallpaper as I wanted, but the spackle worked!)

OK, feeling better now. Tried again this morning to get things to work, but before I got too worked up, DH came and helped me and we've got it more or less figured out. So, I got to go ahead and add a layer of paint to one side of all of the walls. Will probably do the second side after supper or early tomorrow morning, as well as the rest of the pieces. DH has to grind down a bit of wood where I bashed them, then I will be able to paint those, too. DH to the rescue, again. (Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate his help, but would like to not have to rely on him so much, since I rely on him a lot in RL, too, because of my illness!)

Awe...Honey, that's what DH'S are for! They are the other half, the second set of hands. It makes them feels loved, needed and wanted in ways us girls don't even understand-so don't you feel bad or guilty for 1 second that you needed and received help! Best of luck with the bash.