I would love a candy shop in real life, at christmas

around my house is like a candy shop.

I love to make all sorts of thing, this last christmas I

found a recipe for raindeer poo ! and the grandkids loved making it for their

friends each year I do something diffrent for all my friends, this year theim

was based around coffee!

Donna

This is for a future swap . . . right?

I voted for bakery/candy shop because I need goodies for "Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea Cottage". Of course, when one is dieting, ANY kind of baked or candied food is a good thing!! :D Somehow though in miniature, I don't think it would be very satisfying!! :D

I want to build a room box or house and decorate it with the BIG box of tiny pewter D and D type game pieces Darrell has packed away. He must have at least 100 of them. He said I can not touch them, but I am sure if I came up with a nice way to display them he would let me have at them.

Melissa

Melissa that sounds really neat....I don't play D&D but I do play Neverwinter Nights, so I know the kind of 'critters' you are talking about......but, I think you need to build a castle! I'll help you if you want. :D Doe

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never participated in a swap and think they sound like fun. Problem is -- I'm not very imaginative! But I'd like to try. I voted for bakery/candy -- I think I could handle some things like that. :D I've always thought an old fashioned Mercantile would be fun to do. Has anyone done one before? Another thing I have been thinking of doing is a saloon-hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
Problem is -- I'm not very imaginative!

That's what I thought, that I'm not very imaginative. My talents lie in wallpapering and painting, and now making bricks, LOL! But, you can actually use those talents to make swaps, so I've figured out. I was on pins and needles my first swap! Scared to death!

My first time was the June Swap. I went crazy trying to get my sawp item to be what I had pictured in my head! I finally got something I was happy with and not embarrassed to send out to everyone and was quite happy.

I was so enthralled with all the wonderful items I recieved in return that I jumped right in and signed up for another one!

Go for it! You've got nothing to loose!

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I'm voting 'maybe' 'cause most of the specified themes don't really interest me -- like the idea of a bookshop or saddlery or anything fantasy-themed.

I've participated in the last 3 swaps, and these were firsts for me. I loved making the items. The excitement of receiving a package of swap items was intoxicating. I'd encourage anyone who is even slightly interested to give it a try. If you're unsure what to make, just ask for suggestions. Everyone is so helpful here.

That said, I'm not going to participate in the August swap (although a spooky swap really appeals to me). Unfortunately, time is not on my side for the next while. I job share and get to take a month off over the summer, but I'll be working all of the month of September while my partner takes her month's holiday.

Also, my mum and dad need my help as my dad is not able to drive since he suffered a head injury late in July. I'll need to give them priority when I'm not working.

And lastly, I'm going to take my 16-year old cat Dudley to the vet for his final visit tomorrow. His health has been failing for some time. Other than going over to take my mum and dad out, or staying with them while dad was in the hospital, I never leave home. I've only been into the office 5 times since the beginning of July. Thankfully, I'm able to work from home. But I know that I can't go on like this. Ray has been very patient as I've not really even prepared him any meals for a very long time. Dudley clings to me (and I to him), but I think that he and I both need to move on.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with for swap items for August.

BTW, will the gallery open up a section for us to post photos of items from the June swap?

-Susanne

Susanne, so sorry about Dudley's health. Wow -- 16 years. He's had a good long life for a kitty. My Grandma had a siamese that lived to be 20 -- meanest cat that every lived and we all loved her (she hated all of us!)

My dollhouse is starting to come together like I have it pictured in my head -- so maybe I'm not as "un-imaginative" as I thought! :D

Susanne: I'm so sorry to hear about Dudley, it is amazing how a pet becomes such a part of the family. My thoughts are with you. When is your Dad's surgery planned or are they still waiting to see if he gets better on his own? You really have your hands full. But we're thinking about you.

Susanne, I'm so sorry about Dudley! My prayers will be with you tomorrow.

One thing that really helped me with 'Teddy's' death in March was to visit a pet grieving website . . . Rainbow Bridge. They have a little ceremony Monday nights and I participated in one. It was so touching and really helped me to have closure.

Take care! :lol:

BTW, has this swap already taken place? :D

These are all great ideas....I am thinking of my next project..should I ever get around to finishing The Orchid I am working on now...(stupid contractor didn't order enough shingles for the roof so work is at a complete standstill) I was thinking of a miniature Miniature Dollhouse Shop.

I was thinking of a miniature Miniature Dollhouse Shop.

Oh Irene that would be a cute idea -- and I've not see that done but once, I think...so many things you could do in that. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I keep seeing this thread pop up on the "View New Posts" list, but the most recent entry I see was made October 8. I'm a bit confoosled.

BTW, I looked at the poll ... looks like we're in the midst of doing a bakery shop. Can't wait until the December swap stuff gets here! ;)

I keep seeing this thread pop up on the "View New Posts" list, but the most recent entry I see was made October 8. I'm a bit confoosled.

I think it's because the poll was left open and everytime someone votes, it pops up to the top again. I'll go ahead and close it.