• Bakery
    • Dress Shop/ Clothing Store
    • Candy Store
  3. 3. What's your second choice?

• Hat Shop
    • Bakery
    • Dress Shop/ Clothing Store
    • Candy Store

Hey all, please vote and post some feedback for Linda and I. We both finally got a break in our schedules and are doing some unprecedented planning ahead :D . We had alot more ideas for shops than what I posted, but I chose the above because the contents could easily be used in the average dollhouse as well as a roombox or store. These were some of the ideas left out of the poll: baby shop, children's store, toy store, tobacco shop, bridal boutique, florist, garden center/greenhouse, fabric or sewing shop, saddlery, junk shop/antiques. Post here if you like any of these ideas better than the poll choices. Or just post to tell us what you think!

Current "No" votes: 3

This intrests me. My first chioce was a dress shop, as I know how to make dresses. My second choice was hat shop. I have never made hats and it may be a fun thing to try.

I have several shops, baby, toy store, garden center. pet shop, bridal shop. all but the bridal shop were made from instructions for joanns along the mall series in old nutshell news articals. I have a few more of them I wish to make. I decorate them with all the little things I buy, make and get in swaps. It is a good way for me to enjoy yhtem, and makes it easier to find things when I want some particular for a house. I just go to the "store" and get it.

Melissa

I just learned that there is a slight glitch in the way I set up the poll. The "no" votes are not registering because the system won't accept the vote unless you answer all three questions. Obviously, if someone is voting "no" they wouldn't be interested in the next two questions since I didn't provide a "none of the above" alternative.

So here is my solution: if you wish to vote "no" on the poll, just PM me with "no on the poll" and I will keep a running tally.

I do love the bakery idea a lot. I don't mind trying my hand at some hats too :lol:

Looking for medieval or Castle themed stuff too :D or Pirates cave or fairytale theme :lol:

I gotta add a second to Tracy's medieval, castle, pirates or fairytale themes. Hat shop is nice but I'd really go for some more medieval, fantasy, adventure type of miniatures and I know there are several minaturists out there already working on or planning a haunted house or castle.

-David

I want to build a room box or house and decorate it with the BIG box of tiny pewter D and D type game pieces Darrell has packed away. He must have at least 100 of them. He said I can not touch them, but I am sure if I came up with a nice way to display them he would let me have at them.

Melissa

I'm up for pirates! I think it's the treasure aspect that always reels me in. I do like medieval and fantasy stuff but I don't know what I could make.

OH! What about a Ren Fest theme?

I'm up for pirates! I think it's the treasure aspect that always reels me in. I do like medieval and fantasy stuff but I don't know what I could make.

OH! What about a Ren Fest theme?

A Ren Fest theme would be good because usually they incorperate all kinds of stuff - heck the last Renn Faire I went to even had leather hats that looked just like the sorting hat from Harry Potter though I usually think of faires more as period stuff but that would be an awesome swap too. And as far as medieval or fantasy there's tons of stuff. Tiny flasks out of beads, plants (fantasy or appolthacary), bats, birds,toads & cats, chests, books, mini jewelry, molds (to make medi/fant stuff), embellishments, Hats, capes, clothes, boots. Just about anything you see around the house today - just think back back a few hundred years to imagine the equivillent then - polymer "pewter" plates, shields, etc. quills and parchment, charts, maps, Food and drink (grapes, bread, cheese, fish, fowl etc.) There's tons of stuff that would work for Medieval or fantasy. :D

-David

I'd be interested in a flower shop. I'd love to try my hand at some flowers.

A pirate theme, medievel, Harry Potter, haunted house or a book store would also appeal to me. Also a toy shop theme is a theme I'd like to participate in a swap.

This is fun sharing ideas and interests.

Susanne

I'd be interested in a flower shop. I'd love to try my hand at some flowers.

A pirate theme, medievel, Harry Potter, haunted house or a book store would also appeal to me. Also a toy shop theme is a theme I'd like to participate in a swap.

This is fun sharing ideas and interests.

Susanne

Susanne,

Have you not participated in a swap yet? You need to - it's a lot of fun and a great way to learn a new technique! The items I made for the last swap were brand new to me but after doing 10 or so of them you really get the feel for it :) I wanted to make flowers for the spring swap and even bought a couple of tools to do it but my mini african violets didnt' turn out quite the way I'd hoped.. in fact they ever even reached the baking stage- I just couldn't seem to get the clay to do what I wanted. Nice thing about a swap is you're not locked into any specific item.. you have your item guidelines and even if it was a flower shop theme there would be lots of different items you could do so if the first idea doesn't work out you can just move on to plan B (that's what i do - a lot! :) and sometimes plan C :lol: )

-David

I do love the bakery idea a lot. I don't mind trying my hand at some hats too :lol:

Looking for medieval or Castle themed stuff too :) or Pirates cave or fairytale theme :)

I have to agree with Tracy on the whole medieval or Castle theme Or even the Fantasy theme :)

I am inot alot of that and especially enjoy the Ren Faire every yr that we have here in Bama

Hugsss

SabrinaO

I am not trying to sway the crowd Cat & Linda, I just thought maybe for a future swap because I know it's a lot of interest in this theme. I gotta go google ren fair?? :)

No worries Tracy! We were just thinking up some new ideas, so any and all ideas are welcome!

No way! I love getting a dialog going with everyone. I don't have any shops myself but I really like the idea of having themes like hats or baked goods because those are things I have never made. I get excited over new challenges.

Okay, I just don't want no one to think I am a trouble maker :lol:.

Wait a minute now! We only said it wasn't a problem, we didn't absolve you from the troublemaker label! LOL! ROFLMREO! You opened yourself up for that one Tracy! :)

Sorry. Couldn't help it... :)

You know, I really am popping with ideas for all of the swaps. I think I'll start working on them so that I'll know for sure I can actually create whats in my mind LOL.

Do any of you have that problem? You have an idea in your mind but when you try to make it, it don't seem to work out exactly as planned?

Do any of you have that problem? You have an idea in your mind but when you try to make it, it don't seem to work out exactly as planned?

Constantly! Every plan I have is subject to revision. I never join a swap with one idea in mind - I need 3 just incase I mess up the first 2 lol!! I start with plan A "the cool item".. if that doesn'twork then I move on to plan B "not as cool but ok" and if that fails Oy! Plan C "can't fail - fool proof" :) The only real problem I'm having with my plan C's are that I'm realizing when it come to me there's not such thing as "fool proof" :) :lol: fortunately I have lots of magazine back issues to fall back on for ideas and Instructions and if that fails I go up to the mini shop looking pitiful and say "help!" :)

-David