Florida show

tracibobs

Jay said he would take me im so excited i missed out on it last year but this year im going it would be nice to meet fellow members not sure how many are around here.I have never been to a show before im not sure what to expect or what they might have i hope i dont get to lost as of whats all going on.

Traci

Does anyone have a link to a website with details about the show? I didn't realize there was one so soon in Largo. I've been trying to pick between the Orlando and Sarasota shows in the new year - which is better?

Meeting sounds like a great idea. My wife has both Friday and Saturday night off, so she might come too. Either she will find inspiration from all the projects and products there or she'll get tired quickly and try to rush me out the door. I can't decide whether to ride the bike down solo or drive the family down. Meeting around noon sound good to anyone? I guess the only problem left would be how to find each other in a crowd. I'll bring a few pieces of the MacKenzie too.

I knew the date sounded familiar... that's my wedding anniversary! My husband just about tolerates my hobby, so I think I would be pushing it a bit to ask him to look after the babies for the day so I can go to the show. Oh well, maybe next year.

Ahh its like five hours away from me but thats fine, I have friends in that area. The sad part is that its on a Saturday. I doubt my husband can get the day off. I could make the drive myself but Im too scared to cross Alligator Alley on my own...:blink: This is the same thing that happened last year. Unfortunately all these shows are on the weekends and my husband always has to work them. Bummer.

WOW, I'd love to go! Largo is only 3 hours from home. AND.....(are you ready for this?)..... I get paid on the 12th!!!!!

Could we arrange to find each other? Come on, Corwin - Canada's not THAT far. :blink:

Uh huf some her for the Edmonton show then :yes:

We'll be attending a major padling event this weekend, in our area. BTW, I think both the Sarasota & Orlando shows are Molly Cromwell's. Ron Mummert usually does workshops at the Orlando show. I've never attended any of them, timing's usually off for me.

BTW, I think both the Sarasota & Orlando shows are Molly Cromwell's. Ron Mummert usually does workshops at the Orlando show. I've never attended any of them, timing's usually off for me.

Yep, they are Molly Cromwell's. Excuse my ignorance... but is that good? The classes look great, I can't really afford to do one, but it's nice to look at the pictures!

I don't remember the name of the guy who runs the International show in Chicago, but he's apparently petty. He hates Molly for some reason and won't let Ron and d*** from Ron's Miniatures into the Chicago show even to look around. This is because they display at some of her shows. They said they would take the MacKenzie to Chicago if the guy would let them in, but that isn't going to happen. Regardless of the fued, I'd like to put my house in the Chicago show if it isn't sold before next spring. I'm just not sure how I'd finance a trip up there with the house in tow.

Wish I had run into fellow Greenleaf members, but I didn't. I did run into many of the same people from the shows I have displayed at though. Also, my wife is even more enthusiastic about the house than before! The only problem is that she wants each room to be themed on a specific period. It just wouldn't look right. A modern Tudor with a Victorian living room, a Georgian library and a colonial kitchen?

I'm thinking when there's a show like this, with potential to meet other members, maybe you should decide on a time to be there together, and wear a nametag that says GL forum member, or something, so you can find each other. Glad you had fun!

I have been to two of Molly Cromwell's shows, one in Tyson's Corners, VA. and the other in Orlando. Both shows were excellent with good dealers. I didn't take any workshops, but always found lots to buy at the shows. An aside to Jeremy, Ron's partner's name is Richard even though he goes by the name you tried to write in your reply. For anyone who doesn't know, Ron's Minis is one of the BEST miniature shops I have ever seen.

Nancye