Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

I have a great recipe for General Tso Tofu. The tofu is sliced, pressed to get the juice out, and fried in oil with cornstarch breading.

It actually tastes pretty good! and i hate tofu

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning Everyone, Oops I guess I should say almost afternoon. :lol:

Slept in late again. RayAnne is still sleeping. I need to start getting us up earlier so we won't be in shock when school starts on Monday. :D

Well I made it through yesterday HURRAY. I did sneak a small browine in about 4:30 this morning. My cat wanted out and I was so thirsty for milk. Is anybody else like me and have to have a bit of chocolate for a glass of milk to taste good? Anyhow I am starting to feel a little more in control again.

I just had my Honey Nut Cherrios so I am set until lunch.

I hope you are feeling better Tracy. Not fun to lose weight having a stomach ache but I do always enjoy finding that I am a pound or so less after I am feeling better. :p

WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! KATHIE

The more the merrier!!!

Have a good day all

SuzyQ

Thanks, Suzanne ... glad to be here. :lol:

I have a great recipe for General Tso Tofu. The tofu is sliced, pressed to get the juice out, and fried in oil with cornstarch breading.

It actually tastes pretty good! and i hate tofu

The girls will eat tofu if it's disguised. This sounds like a good recipe. I sometimes press and fry it, then add to spaghetti sauce. That works for all of us.

Hello Everyone,

Well so far I did ok considering we have been out all day again. I took RayAnne school shopping for the umpteenth time. (she wears a cute little size 1 and looks cute in everything so it is hard to say no.) :p

Then we took 2 girls from the childrens home out to play at the arcade and to McDonalds.

Anyhow for lunch I had a hamb. happy meal.

Dinner was Long John Silvers baked cod w/rice & cole slaw I only took a few bites of the cole slaw.

Then back to McDonalds with the girls. I didn't order anything had a bite of RayAnnes. ( I so wanted to order everything on the menu the girls were sort of driving me crazy tonight.) But I held strong.

Now can if I can only make it through this evening without a binge. :lol:

SuzyQ

Yesterday was a good day.

Lunch was a big tossed salad with tuna (no mayo) and 2 tbl of blue cheese dressing.

Dinner was a combo. Wild rice, chickpeas fried in garlic and butter, and stir fried mushrooms, yellow squash, and green beans.

Later for dessert we all had vanilla yogurt with a cut up banana.

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

Well I seem to do good all day until about 11:00 at night then I eat. UGH!! I have my days and nights mixed up. Hopefully they will start to straighten out when RayAnne goes back to school on Monday.

I have been so down lately because I feel like I am slowly losing my grip on this thing. Has anyone noticed how much it effects your whole outllook on life when you don't feel good about yourself? When I am doing good with my eating I am just so much more easy going and see the positive side of everything, Then when I lose control of it I am negative about everything.

Something is going to have to change that's for sure. I cannot live like a Yo-Yo

So far today I have had a BLT with Miracle Whip instead of Mayo 1/2 the calories.

Good job on yesterday Heidi!!

Thanks Suzq!

I have been fighting the battle of the baby belly for alot of years. I have realized there are more important things to fret over then what I look like. But I know what you mean Suzq. You do so great, you hit a plateau and you wonder what the heck is happening. Am I resigned to eating bunny food for the rest of my life? Will I ever get rid of this budda belly? LOL My belly will never completely go down w/o surgery. It had been so big for so long that it is basically dead skin (that is what dh calls it). Maybe when the kids are gone and I have more money, I may ( i said MAY! not definitely) get a tummy tuck. It will make me feel better. I have worked so hard but the belly makes it look like I havent.

My inlaw family are all about the gastric bypass. They even told me I should GAIN 20 lbs so that I would qualify for the surgery!!! I believe that you can have the will to put it on, you can have the will to put it off. Plus I dont do well with anesthesia during surgery. I am a puker!

Dh is a bad bad man. He bought chinese food for lunch. It SMELLS SO GOOD! But i am not eating it. I swear I am not. The kids are diving in and I am trying to ignore them.

I have some great news.. Chelsea has lost 20 lbs since being vegetarian! All her clothes are bagging.

Since I have been remaining the same weight since starting dieting, and Darrell is on vacation the diet is gone out the window for a week. Blueberry oatmeal for breakfast, Ham sandwich for lunch, Had chocolate chip peanut butter cookies,a homemade chocolate malt,and for dinner will have stuffed roasted chicken with lots of stuffing. I figgure with no weight loss I may not gain elther, lol. I may put on a pound or 2 but at thins minute I am sick and tired of doing without, and not geting any results.

Melissa

Good Evening Everyone,

Well as usual I have done very well during the day. My test comes once again this evening. I wish I was sleepy so I could just go to bed and forget about it. :lol: But since I stayed in bed until 11:00am I probably won't be going to sleep until late.

You know I should get the dollhouse out and work on it. That may keep my mind off of eating. :)

Talk to you all soon

Oh yes, dh work does cut you appetite. Dont want to get greasy fingerprints on your precious baby!

I resisted. I didnt eat the Chinese! yay me.

Lunch was a ham sandwich and a couple pickles.

Dinner was breakfast. I made omelets and toast. Veggies, leftover bacon, cheese...We chose what we wanted in ours. I used 2 slices of bacon, mushrooms, onion, and a handful of cheddar.

Waiting for coffee to brew so I am not that chatty right now..LOL

There seems to be some magic in just hanging out here. I've lost 4 pounds this past week. Might be partly because I'm not sleeping well (or staying up too late working on the Orchid!) and haven't felt like cooking. We've had several yoyo* nights here this week, and I've kept my snacking to healthy foods, mostly.

yoyo= You're on your own :lol:

Good for you Kathie!!!!! Now if I can get rid of that yo-yo. :lol:

I did actually get through last night without a binge so I am very happy for that.

So far today I have just had my Honey Nut Cheerio's.

I will check back in later.

I jumped on early. I have lost another 3 lbs! I am now at 215!!

Heidi that is wonderful!!!!!

I am nervous about getting on the scale tomorrow because I have had such a bad month. But I know I really need to so I can be accountable for my actions.

So far so good for today.

Honey Nut Cherios for breakfast

BLT for lunch. 2 M&M's

Hey do they have a spell check on this thing somewhere?

I just came from the doctors office, not my physical, which is in 2 weeks, but for an ear infection.

Anyways even though I have not lost a pound, the exercises have been doing me a LOT of good. The doctor asked me if I had taken up swimming to strengthen my lungs./ I told her no, but I have been doing pilates as much as possible, untill I got short of breath several times a week. It seems just by listening she hears great improvement and strenghtening in my lungs. I will trade the no pounds lost for stronger lungs anyday.

Am so happy, maybe soon the weight will start dropping.

Melissa- Holding steady at 168 pounds. lol

Melissa, you go girl!! I am trying to make myself "feel" that I am wroking out for my health and NOT my weight but it is so hard to mentally do that. I am so happy you are showing improvement and I am inspired by you!! I know how hard it has been for you and just knowing what I do gives me encouragement to keep going too. Thank you for sharing your stength dear :lol: .

My doctors keep telling me to stop weighing myself because I have been working out for 3 years (I used to be more consistent until this past february) and they keep telling me I have a lot of muscle mass ("Whatever" is what I say cause I want to see it show on my scale). I can say I am not flabby and don't jiggle when I walk :) but I want my scale to reflect it!

I have been working out 3 times a week doing body combat and now for the past 2 weeks, doing situps and pushups in the morning and before bed. I can tell I have lost inches but my weight is the same and has been for 4 years. I am told before my weight consited mostly of fat and now it's muscle and that muscle weights more.

I still want to be skinny and I do feel better now that I have been more active again. Last night I was REALLY bold. Our instructor is out of town and no one came to take her place for class. I was determined to work out and I know how to work the music system there so guess what I did??? I popped in the CD and taught the class cause my hubby wouldn't and no one seemed to mind and was happy about it because we would have all missed out on a work out.

:(

Minis On The Edge Posted Our instructor is out of town and no one came to take her place for class. I was determined to work out and I know how to work the music system there so guess what I did??? I popped in the CD and taught the class cause my hubby wouldn't and no one seemed to mind and was happy about it because we would have all missed out on a work out.

You Go Girl!!!! :( :lol: :lol:

I need to get active again. I did construction with my husband until about 5 months ago.(I had nice muscles in my arms :) ) I still do painting jobs on the side but I need to start walking or something until Volly Ball season starts back up.

Hello again,

Well so far so good for today. But the night is quickly approaching and that is when the eating monster tries to get out. :)

Dinner was grilled chicken breast, rice, ceaser salad.

Minis On The Edge Posted Today, 05:57 PM

Volly Ball is so fun! I have not played it for ages though. They have a team at the place I work out at but the practice times conflicts with other things in my life

Painting?? You should have great Triceps & Biceps!

Yes I love Volleyball!!! I have played on a team for about 23 years now. I am excited about starting back because with the weight loss I will be able to get off the ground for those spikes better. :lol:

As far as good Triceps and Biceps they are still a tad jiggly yet. :( It does make for great spiking arms though.

Oh, thank you for focusing on exercise! There is a perfectly good gazelle down in the basement, lurking around the corner from the dollhouse area and a TV to watch while using it. I have NO excuse for not exercising a couple of times a day for a half hour or so!

I didnt have breakie today (the shame) I had so much running around to do that I didnt have time to sit and have some.

But when I went to pick up my deli today, the guy gave me a slice of bologna and a slice of ham and a slice of swiss. So that was lunch!

I am going to have a salad in a few.

Tonite is eggrolls. Hamburger and vegetarian. I make my own.

Hubby blew my breakfast. HE came home this morning after I thought he had left for work and guess what he brought home???

Stuffed French toast with blue berries on top from IHOP I did not eat the entire thing nor did I eat ALL of the eggs (Which were scrambled with onion & cheese) and I only ate one sausage no hashbrown (Don't like those).

I did have a glass of orange juice and I did do my push ups (No sit ups and I need those BAD too :lol: )

Hey Everyone!!!

Well I have very good news. I weighed today. I was sooo scared because I have been doing terrible the last 3 weeks or so. I thought maybe I had gained like 7 to 10 pounds or something. But I only gained 2 pounds. I can so deal with that. I can have that off by next week. Sigh of relief. I have done pretty well the last several days and am feeling in control again so I think I am going to be ok for now. :lol:

It is just a step by step minute by minute process with me. You all don't know how much better I am feeling at the moment. (well maybe you do :lol: )

I know some of you have different beliefs and I don't want to push mine on anyone but, my hearts belief is that God knew how hard I have been trying and he really helped me stay stable during that rough patch until I could get back on track. :D ;)

RayAnne and I went to the waterpark today and had fun. I have a nice tan for our big Ball tomorrow night.

Hopefully I can post some pictures.

Have a good evening

SuzyQ