Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

Melanie--It could be muscle you're building and muscle weighs more. You should notice a difference in your clothes. So don't get discouraged.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, i guess i have to go stand on the scale................ok, Chingy is on the scale.. My weigh in is 9 lbs!

OMG!! I am sooo thin!!!

ROFL.. okay i will push him off..............I like my 211 lb weight loss with the cat on the scale.

I gained 2 lbs.

I need more protein added to the veggies I guess. I didnt abandon them, just didnt eat as much as I used to. Need to adjust meals.

Maybe it will be better next week.

I see dr 2nd week of Aug. My legs are still crampy even after a month off of the Lipitor. She will probably send me back to neuro. for those Nazi torture tests! (electro-zappy-leg jumpy thingy).

I have not given up. I was thinking after school starts agian I might join a womens gym down the road. I talked to a friend of mine and she says it is really nice and they have a play place for kids. I think I need to do some toning beacuse my clothes don't fit any different.

Helloooooooo?

Is anybody there??????

Not feeling well this week so I have lost some weight! :D

Dh brought me home a fresh harvested lobster last night from friend (he was helping him do a task). I popped the sucker in the pot, let him/her cool, put in a ziploc baggie, and in the fridge.

I will open and make a salad today. Just didnt feel like eating much yesterday. Kept food down and ate enough not to get sugar sick.

I have given up on the veg quest for now. I am eating protein to keep my energy up. Protein in the form of beef, chicken salad and the aforementioned Lobster!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

I'm doing okay. I still don't feel like I have lost anthing. I put the primer coat of paint in the closet yesterday and will paint today. Dh is on a trip so I might see if my neighbor will help hang the shelves later. Going to ChuckyCheese with the kids tomorrow I think. That should be fun. :D

Hey ALL!!!

I just got back in town. We took 6 teenage girls from the Childrens Home out to the lake house for the weekend. Had a ball but didn't do so well on the diet. :D Hope to get back on track this week.

I will post some pictures of the trip when I get them back.

SuzyQ

Hey All,

It sure has been quiet on this thread this week. How is everyone doing? I have done pretty good after my terrible binge weekend :rolleyes: I am really dreading the scale though. I am scared I may have gained. I hope not.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend at the lake. Isn't our lake pretty? I think it is cool how it is in the middle of the hills.

Have a good week SuzyQ

Part of the Gang That's RayAnne on the far left

Can you see the taller mountains behind the clouds on the picture below this one?

It is friday..

Time to weigh myself.

I am still maintaining the same weight! I had gained a couple lbs over the past week because I was sick and couldnt eat, and then I was better and went overboard.

But I am at 218.

I have resigned myself that I will NOT be wearing a itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini this year! LOL

I have gotten one of those dang cysts on my leg. Hurts to sit. I probably got it cause immune system was compromised this past week.

Hot compresses and BIG bandages until the sucker pops and I have some relief.

Heidi take it easy.

Well I lost the extra pounds from last week. That is a plus I guess.

Oh and the kids loved Chucky Cheese. I had not been there since I was kid. I wanted to play! LOL The one in orlando has a play place that they can play in and it does not cost any tokens either. I had a coupon so for $20 we got a large pizza, drinks and 40 tokens. Not bad.

Hey All,

Glad you are feeling better except for the boil Heidi, RayAnne had those one year they kept popping up on her leg. Them and warts. Pretty painful. I am told both are a virus. They all finally cleared up. But she has a few scars from them. We got rid of the warts with duct tape. It really worked. :D

Well I weiged today. I neglected to tell you all that I had gained 3 pounds last week. I was upset about it and then we went to the lake and I had some more bad days with food. Anyhow I did lose 2 of thoe 3 pounds this week so I am feeling a little better.

Seems like most of us are sort of on a teeter totter(sp) Just hovering & bouncing a little up and a little down. RaAnne starts school in less than a month. Maybe things will settle down a little more then and I can really concentrate on getting the rest of this off.

I have company coming in today. They are staying for a week. This will be a big test for me because I always eat big from nervous tension when people are at my house.

Have a good weekend.

SuzyQ

Suzq, you are doing so great!

A lb here or there is okay. 10lb-20lb here or there is a different story.

I just got back from running errands (p.o., grocery store, AC Moore, farmer`s market, asian market) I think I sweated off another 3 lbs!! LOL

It is hot as a devil`s backside out there! It is 88 degrees but the humidity is a killer. No beauty pagents today!

Rivalingparis Posted Today, 03:21 PM

I'm doing weight watchers. I've lost 40lbs this month and I've got 45 more to go to reach my goal weight of 120

Wow 40lbs in a month? That is 10 pounds a week. I have never heard of anyone losing that much weight that fast on weight watchers. Are you sure you got the conversion from Kilo's to Pounds correct?

Anyhow congratulations on whatever amount you have lost!!! :D:wacko: :lol: Oh and congratulations on your upcoming wedding also.

SuzyQ

PS. Thank You Heidi for the support. Sometimes I think I should not bother you all with this thread and then I think "I don't think I can do this without them". So a heartfelt thanks to everyone.

The weight watchers thing works really well for everyone I know who's tried it and stuck to it - my tips and tricks are the following (this one won't help many of you but being 21 my metabolism didn't take long to kick it into gear):

Eat all day long - people make the mistake of sayiong I'm trying to loose weight so I should eat less - that's not true. Eat the same amount but heat healthier foods I like to prepare lots of veggie sticks and put them into 7 containers so that my snaking is limited but also ready so that I don't have to stop every ten minutes to cut up some darn veggies. When you eat constantly you never crash, and your metabolism is constantly working this means that over time it will speed up on its own.

Eat the most calories and fat at the begining of the day so your body has the most time of activity to burn the calories - then do some light exsorsize a short walk around the neighborhood will suffice. This kicks your body into calorie burning gear. don't eat at least three hours before you go to bed and make dinner light - a salad with grilled chicken.

Eat slowly - did you know your stomach has it's own timer twenty minutes from the time you take your first bite your stomach tells your brain I'm full stop eating - but most of us eat too quickly and end up over eating so take your time I try to do the fourty chews rule your mom told you about so you wouldn't choke on unchewed food as a kid - kinda gross but it makes you eat slowly especially if you take small bites.

Don't give yourself an insane exsorsize regimen - take the dog out for longer walks, walk with your kids, have a family pool day and spend it swiming instead of reading.

The nice thing about weight watchers is that you choose which foods you want to eat. I love ice cream and I've been eating it every day - but I had to give up pizza, regular beer, and most of the fatty red meats I'm also in love with. The key is to choose those "bad" foods you can't live without and get rid of the superfluous items. I also don't use my flex points if I can absolutely avoid it - this way on someone's b-day or an office party I can ignore the calorie intake and have as much beer, cake and pizza as I want.

Frankly at this point I eat very little junk food except for my couple of bites of ice cream everyday. I don't even really want it anymore.

Worst case cenario just watch the Documentary supersize me and you'll never want fast food again.

Well, today was supposed to be weigh day. But I didn't weigh. I have had company for a week and have eaten like I have had company for a month :blink: .

So I decided it would be better if I didn't step on that thing. Everything is crazy around here. I think I am going to take a break and just try to maintain until RayAnne gets back in school. Hopefully I won't gain anything in the meantime. She goes back on August 21 then maybe I can get back into my routine. I haven't given up though.

Have a good weekend

SuzyQ

I've never heard of anyone losing 40lbs a month on weight watchers either - in fact that sounds rather dangerous. I've always heard that it's not really safe to lose more than 5lbs a week. My mom has been on weight watchers for just over a year. She's lost 53 lbs. She's got about 40 more to go but so far this diet has been wonderful for her. And it's the only one she's tried that she can really stay on and live with. She can go out to resturants. She can have a slice of pie or cake. She can go to a BBQ and not worry about it and still lose weight. She makes all the choices of which foods she eats and which she passes up and if she goes over points one day we don't worry too much about it. If she gains 1 lb one week then almost invariable the next she'll lose 2. It's been a slow but very steady loss and she says her taste in food has changed as she's gotten more used to eating healthier. She doesn't even want most of the junk foods she used to crave - so what ever the program is dong - it's definitely working!

I probably should get on the program.. but I really hate to. I've got some weight to lose myself but I'm hoping to take care of it with increased excersize - wish me luck

-David

WooHoo Tracy!!

Welcome David!! (now I gotta watch my language..LOL)

It is Saturday and I totally forgot yesterday. We did a marathon laundry trip in the morning. I cant tell you how many loads we washed but there was not ONE piece of dirty fabric in our house afterward. We spent appr. $30 in the laundrymat!v :blink: It is still humid and warm but less here.

And it is time for Mary`s visit and I was bad because of her. We made hot fudge sundaes... :lol: They were good! :D

I am soo jealous.. My kids dont start school until Aug. 31 and Sept 1! :o

OH DEAR!!!! :lol:

So much for waiting until RayAnne starts school to buckle down. My Husband just called and said we have a formal Ball or Banquet thing to go to on the 19th. So now I must work extra hard. I want a new dress :o He is going to have to rent a tux. He didn't even wear one at our wedding LOL.

Aunt Flo will just have to forget about brownies this month :blink:

Have a great day

SuzyQ

well now arent you so happy you did all the hard work before now!

you are going to look wonderful and hubby in tux is always yummy.

never have seen mine in one yet...probably his daughters wedding 110 yrs from now :lol:

good luck on those few lbs ya want gone before the 19th...I know you can do it!

nutti :blink:

SuzyQ Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

OH DEAR!!!!

So much for waiting until RayAnne starts school to buckle down. My Husband just called and said we have a formal Ball or Banquet thing to go to on the 19th. So now I must work extra hard. I want a new dress He is going to have to rent a tux. He didn't even wear one at our wedding LOL.

Aunt Flo will just have to forget about brownies this month

Ok today is the first day back on my 2 week count down. I have done very well. I cannot believe how hard it is to get back to business. :o Shame on me for slacking off.

I have a paint job to do tomorrow and Tuesday ( a kitchen, breakfast nook and a dining room) I usually don't eat much while I am working so I am hoping that will give me a really good boost so I don't have a heart attack when I get on the scale Friday. :lol:

Thank you so much for your encouragement in your last post Nutti!! :D:D

Oh and great job on your 4 pounds Tracy!!

Have a good evening

SuzyQ