Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

Keep up the good work Jenny

I lost 20 pounds doing slim fast and subway several years ago.LOL(that was beofre Gerard the subway guy did it) My friend owned a subway store and gave me a bunch of feebies.LOL

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a chance, stop by the Burwell-Morgan Mill in Millwood, just south of Berryville.

I'll mention it to DH. When DS lived up the street from Woodlawn we walked over and toured it and the Pope-Leheigh house (one of Frank Lloyd Wright's "usonian" houses) and then down the street to Mt Vernon, and on the way we passed Washington's grist mill, which is in the process of being restored.

Sunday we toured Gunston Hall, George Mason's home, which is also being restored.

haha well instead of subway the local sushi bar called me instead. lol i was craving it today like no other!! sushi is very low cal by the way. love it :thumb: my tummy is very happy with me now. back to work i go!

My friend just lost 125 pounds. He got divorced. Best weight he ever lost.

Evil!!!! But at times true, life changing can be a good thing as long as one allows oneself to get the support and strenght one need!

Mini-hugs

My friend just lost 125 pounds. He got divorced. Best weight he ever lost.

Wow thats a rough way to lose weight. Sorry to hear about that.

Well so far so good again today. But it is still "day" my problem comes at night. I did good all day yesterday and then couldn't sleep and got up and started snacking. Just ask Nutti. I was chatting in live chat with her while I was eating LOL . Today is a new day though.

I weighted in today and had lost 2 pounds..... :w00t:

ME 2!!! haha im not supposed to weigh myself tell next friday but i couldnt resist. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 full days of dieting!! now im on day 3 and being extra good with this new found motivation! whoo hoo! im off to lunch. going to have a subway salad. subway my bestfriend.. lol :lol:

Well there you are Jenny. I was wondering where you were today.

Congratulations on your 2 pounds.

lol here i am! its been crazy here at work today. I have so much billing to do I havent been able to pop my head in here today :w00t: but now I am here! hooray!

ready to kick some more butt after the gym tonight on my willowcrest. i posted pics in my gallery if anyone wants to see. im almost done building the 3rd floor! yay!

I have 35 more to go.....the dr. said we would discuss that when I get that off.....he is wanting me to loose more.....but I really don't want to.....I'm doing great today......I still have about 1000 calories to go......but I will never make it to that today......7pm is my cut off time.....I don't eat anything after that..... :w00t:

Just remember girls. If you don't eat enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.

Keep up the good work

PS. Still so far so good with me today.

My calorie intake a day is between 1000 to 1200.....I'm not allowed under 1000 calories......until my dr. says its ok.....I went through a rough time a few months ago......I had to go off my diet......I wasn't even eating 800 calories a day......but I'm doing great now......and back to losing weight......my family and friends have encouraged me every step of the way.......

Just remember girls. If you don't eat enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.

Keep up the good work

PS. Still so far so good with me today.

That is true.....that is what happened to me a few months ago......and I had it rough....but I'm doing great now.....

:lol: I think it's time to start myself off with a little hatred directed my way (well, perhaps not hatred, but definitely jealousy).

About 7-8 months ago I became rather anemic. I began craving ice 24/7, it got so bad that the freezer couldn't keep up with my chomping habits. I stopped ordering drinks with my ice in restaurants, and stopped drinking anything at all at home. (No pop, no juice, no alcohol.) I very soon began to lose weight as a side effect. Even after I realized I was anemic and started being treated for it, I kept eating ice, and have not stopped.

Since that time I have lost around 40 pounds :woot: , probably more, as I stopped weighing myself after I'd hit a certain point as it was truly depressing.

The ice is great because I chomp it whenever I'm thirsty, AND often if I feel like I'm a bit peckish, but not very hungry (which incidentally is often actually thirst-related, not hunger related), or if I just feel the need to eat without any actually hunger, it solves the problem of oral fixation.

The best part of all this, is that my eating habits have not changed at all (I still eat what I want, when I want it, no matter how calorie-ridden or fat-ridden), nor have my activity levels, and I'm continuing to lose weight. Although I'm sure one day the weight-loss related to my ice-habit will eventually plateau, it seems to be a while off still, and if I decide I want to lose more weight, I know that there are many venues I can take, such as then changing some eating habits, or activity habits.

Man, I've turned into one of those people I've always hated! Losing obscene amounts of weight with seemingly no effort, or bad side effects. ;)

Anyways, I wish everyone luck with their weight loss efforts, and apologize to those who want to strangle me now, there's no need to be mad at me yet, I'm not close to a normal weight yet, so it's still a long way to go until you can truly hate me for it!

Cheers,

arden

Melanie, don't give up.....you can do it.....I know it is hard to stay motiavate but don't give up.....we are here to help each other......every step of the way on losing weight......I've been dieting for almost 3 years and lost 180 lbs......and I have 35 more to go...... :lol:

I think I will take the rest of the week and keep a log. Maybe I am not getting enough calories? ( look out icecream here I come!! Just kidding!)

i keep a log everday of EVERYTHING i eat and drink including there calories. another great tool that might help everyone is caloriesperhour.com its my favorite site. if you are not sure what the calories are for a certain item this is the best place to look. also it has exercise tips and great diet tips ;)

good luck everyone! i have faith in everyone! :lol:

Arden I am a big ice chomper too. Love it. The only thing it does for me is make my dentist upset. I am soon going to have to get a $700 crown because I cracked a filling that can't be replaced.

PS. Welcome to the forum