Is anybody else trying to lose some pounds?

SuzyQ

Hello Everyone,

Well weigh day was pretty good for me I lost the 2 pounds I gained last week plus I lost 1 extra so that puts me at losing 31pounds all together. ;) :D

That is what I was meaning by not punishing yourself if you have a bad week or so. Oh am not saying I didn't get upset about it as you can tell from my post last Friday it was very short. :D I just tried not to dwell on those 2 extra pounds and put my mind back on the right track. Now I am feeling much better and back in control.

So Melaine you are right tomorrow is a new day. :D

Have a great weekend my dear friends!!!

SuzyQ

PS. Finally got in to see "Pirates" It was really good.

And our sweet RayAnne is back from NY safe and sound. She had a blast!!!!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melissa I am glad you are feeling better even if the scale hasn't moved yet. Don't give up it will.

Maybe my scale is broken. It has not moved at ALL this year. I have cut down the amount of food I am eating and increased my exercise. I do not know what else to do.

Melissa

darrellandmelissa Posted 6 minutes ago Maybe my scale is broken. It has not moved at ALL this year

Melissa,

Have you been to the Dr and had your thyroid checked? It could be under active.

SuzyQ

Good point, I've been on thyroid replacement almost as long as I've been on estrogen replacement. As we age our TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels drop and so does our metabolic rate, which the thyroid gland regulates. This means we don't burn our calories efficiently, we have less energy and we feel tired and we don't lose weight! When you get your annual physical done there are LOTS of questions to ask your doctor and the reason they take all that blood for the lab tests is to find out how your organs are working (or not).

OK, off the soapbox now.

Melissa they are right and I was mentally thinking you should have some bloodwork done. I have thyroid checked every 6 months.

My doc is very thorough!

If you think it is your scale.. Take something big like 20 lb bag of dog food, or kitty litter or anything that you know how much it weighs.. a bag of top soil.

Put that full bag on the scale. If it is weighing right then you know the scale is right. If you fudge with the dial on the scale too much you can mess up the calibration.

You may need a new one. Next time you go to the mall, step on one of those 25 cent scales. Then you will have an idea.

SUZQ SUZQ SUZQ!!! Yippee!!! Congratulations to you!!

You have to post any pics your daughter took of nyc.

Nat asked when was the next time we were going. I told her it was too hot there right now, maybe in the fall. We drive to New Haven and catch the Metro North Train into the city. No headaches. Just $10 for parking, around $60 or more for the four of us round trip, and 3 kajillion dollars for gas! Dont have to deal with midtown traffic.

We love it. Walk, cabs, or subway. We always go somewhere different. Diamond district was a nightmare though! ;) Too many people on a narrow sidewalk!

Still eating veggies.. but i did grill a small rump roast yesterday.

When we lived in NJ (more than 40 years ago) we used to catch the bus in Dover for Times Square & then either ride the subway or take the bus. We really like the old antique/ junk shops, walked our feet off and ate lunch standing at a deli counter.

I saw the doctor about 3 weeks ago. She sent me in for a new lung function test and a echocardiogram. She also ordered some blood tests as my yearly physical is next month. I have not mentioned the inability to lose weight to her, but have mentioned almost every visit this year that i am just sooo tired all the time. She is checking my thyroid and it has never been a problem in the past.

Melissa

Melissa I have sleep apnea and I asked the doctor about the Provigil Heidi talked about in an earlier post and I feel so good. I have been on it a week and everyone around me says they see a difference in me...not just my go go go but I have a pretty good attitude...I just feel so good.

I was tired all the time before...sleep apnea is no fun but I also suffer from insomnia so I am often up till the wee hours I usually get about 5 hours...that is now. but with the provigil those 5 hours seem to be more productive. probably because I have been so busy since starting it.

talk to the doctor.

and good luck!

nutti :blink:

2 hour swim with Grandbaby and my arms are wore OUT

I looked up the info on that medicine. It is not what I need. I should have been more specific in my use of the word tired. I am not sleepy. I get physically drained at the slightest effort. To do some simple grocery shopping leaves me feeling as if I have had 2 hours strenous exercise. The tiredness is more physical then sleepiness.

Melissa

Melissa, you should ask your doctor about a auto immune disease. It could be many things including your thyroid.

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I get extremely fatigued just doing ordinary things. Mentally and physically. Just an hour weeding in the yard and I can be on the couch for 2 days afterward. I get flare ups where I am just no good to do anything.

Provigil is not only used for people with sleep disorders anymore. It is also used for people with a physical disorder like CFS. So it cant hurt to ask. But I would want to know what the underlying problem is before I mask the symptoms with medication.

I hope you find out what is going on and it doesnt take tooo long for the doctor to complete the puzzle.

Hello All,

Well, I had a bad day yesterday. Ate whatever I could find ;) . Just one of those days."Aunto Flo" came to visit. I guess that was part of the problem. I know she seems to visit alot, every 24 days. :blink: to my dismay.

I will try again today to behave myself.

SuzyQ

Suzq dont feel bad. You are doing great. You know you will probably always pig out during that time so just go with it.

I am having tummy troubles today. Nothing to be worried about. I think it is a combo of the heat, corn on the cob last night (LOL), and eh! I dont know. Taking it ez. Finishing up the painting on the Marquam (almost done! YEAH!!!!)

and then I will start to poly.

Take it ez in the heat all. Tracy go for it! I always have to force myself to go into something i dont want to do but once I am there I am glad I did!

Tracy go for it! I always have to force myself to go into something i dont want to do but once I am there I am glad I did!

Just what I was going to say, plus it's such fun for Rachel to do things with her mom! They don't stay that way very long, so enjoy it while you can!

Minis On The Edge Posted Today, 11:29 AM Rachel signed up in a Hip Hop dance class

RayAnne is going to be soooo jealous. She wants to take hip hop too. How old is Rachel?

Well I did much better today. Thank you for the pick me up Heidi.

I have a few pictures from RayAnnes trip to NY. Most of her pictures didn't come out. Disposable camera.

RayAnne with her friends. She is in the Camo capris. This is her in the pink doing face paint at a block party She loved those little kids.

And whats a summer trip with out making a boyfriend.

That only lasted 2 days thank goodness ^_^

Have a good evening

SuzyQ

RayAnne is going to be soooo jealous. She wants to take hip hop too. How old is Rachel?

Rachel is 9 years old. The class is for kids 12 - 17 but she and her best bud got in because my workout instructor knows the teacher and Rachels best bud is my instructors daughter (Did I confuse you :o ? I am sleepy )

I worked out tonight though I really REALLY did not want to ^_^ . It was fun and I really enjoyed it :p so I am glad I went.

RayAnne....I my Gosh! She is so Pretty!! What a Smile!

I worked out tonight though I really REALLY did not want to . It was fun and I really enjoyed it so I am glad I went

And you feel better! and it's SOO good for what ails you, plus Rachel had a good time. Keep it up, dear, we've all been there.

Suzq you should be sooo proud of Rayanne! She is going to remember that trip for the rest of her life. Kids are gonna say " what did you do over the summer?" and she is gonna say " Hung out in Time Square!" and that will be soooo cool!

Nat was a hit when she brought home picks of her standing in front of MTV in Times square!

Good for you tracy! Isnt it great when you force yourself to do something (even something for you kids) and you are glad you did it?

It is cool because while I am in my workout room, I can look across the way and see Rachel doing hip hop through the windows. My poor baby don't have rhythm but she is certainly much better ^_^

She Loves it. I am thinking about joining the hip hop class for adults (Which is after hers). Chris and I work out together and Sarah plays at kids Court (A babysitting thingy that is free to members) and it's real fun for us all. David works the 2nd shift so now he misses working out with us.

Well I weighed a day early because I though with all the yard work I did I would at least have sweated out a pound or two. Boy was I wrong! I gained 4 pounds. :D I don't understand I have been doing so well with eating right and I am gaining weight. :wacko:

Don't get discouraged Melanie,

For some reason that happens sometimes. I have had it happen. Just keep up your routine you could have 6 pounds off next week. :D:wacko:

SuzyQ