Some eye candy to share! Garfield Progress!

Ms. Mini

Well I have spent the past few days working full force on my Garfield.. And well heres the progres.. let me know what you think :D

post-505-1140221964_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140222011_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140222168_thumb.jpg

I updated my webshots aswell. there are a bunch more new ones on there!

You've been hard at work. I looked at your thumbnail sketches, but not your Webshots. I'm one of a few that are boycotting Webshots for the next 10 days because of their advertising practices.

Would you do a favour for those of us that are not using Webshots for this period of time, and download some more photos into the Gallery so that we can see them.

I'd love to be able to see more photos, but I'd like Webshots to not get as much traffic until they better deal with the issue that we've brought before them. Sorry if I'm sounding political. Just something that I feel rather strongly about.

Thanks.

Susanne

I'm also not using my webshots signature during this period.

I updated my webshots aswell. there are a bunch more new ones on there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't view webshots, because I'm boycotting them.

Looked at the pix you put in the post though! Wow! And double and triple wow! It's absolutely beautiful! Is that like a gazebo area attached to the porch? I love it!

Now I want a Garfield!

Well I have spent the past few days working full force on my Garfield.. And well heres the progres.. let me know what you think 

Your Garfield is looking really good. Glad to didn't give up on it.

Ours is going to be blue also ( a bit lighter) if we ever get that far. Hoping to get back at it soon. We work so much. I have a hard time changing gears when I get home.

Might I ask why Webshots is being boycotted? I know it says something to do with their advertising practices. Wouldn't be all the silicone involved would it? Keep in mind though that's how they pay for the free hosting, otherwise everyone would have to pay to post piccies.

Saw a coupla other threads about this, checked Marg's out too, it's there. Interesting that it's only on the slideshow, that's why I hadn't seen it since I NEVER bother with the slideshow. It is the way the site is paid for, how else could they have free hosting of your own photos to share with da world? It's a tad underhanded, but it sure beats pop-ups.

BTW, anyone else think Bill Paxton aint looking too good these days? And the blonde in the second photo is just plain bone ugly. :blink:

WOW! thank you all so much for posting so many responses! it makes me feel so good to know others think its coming out so well! All that is attached to the front came as is. Thats what made me fall in love with this house and made me buy it. I LOVE the front porch, its so classic and wimsicle. I will update my gallery right after I enter this post so you can see more pics. Also I finished painting the trim on the front porch last night, so I will post that pic bellow...

post-505-1140290313_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140290336_thumb.jpg

-Jen :blink:

The porch looks wonderful I think I might have to put this house on my wish list but we will see. Maybe tonight I can start working on my Lily again poor thing has been abonded for so long :angry: PLUS the lady of the house isnt too Happy with her builders either :blink:

Ok just so you know I updated my gallery a bit since alot of you are not using webshots right now.. I plan on working alot on it today/tomorrow so expect alot more pictures! i'll post here again when I have more :blink:

-Jenny

Might I ask why Webshots is being boycotted? I know it says something to do with their advertising practices. Wouldn't be all the silicone involved would it? Keep in mind though that's how they pay for the free hosting, otherwise everyone would have to pay to post piccies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't really have to do with "advertising". All of agree to their advertising when we sign up. And they can advertise all they like on my page itself, but to insert it into my own personal album is crossing the line. Additionally, when they first inserted it, the photos said "by LPCullen". I never authorize anyone to use my name or sign my name. Bad practice, that. They did change that. However, whenever you open an album, it clearly says that "LPCullen has contributed and has sole responsibility" for that album. So, how can I possibly have sole responsibility for that album if they can insert whatever they want to on it?

Finally, whenever you sign up, you choose the things you are willing to sponsor on your page. Most of my photos are viewed (or at least they were until I deleted them) by people of many ages. I certainly don't want pictures in my albums that are not age appropriate, and yet I'm being given no control.

That's wrong.

Hi everyone! I just finished the detail on the door that goes to the kitchen from the front proch.. please let me know what u think! also there will be more pics in my gallery in a few :blink:

post-505-1140311659_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140311676_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140311697_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140311713_thumb.jpg

post-505-1140311736_thumb.jpg

It is the way the site is paid for, how else could they have free hosting of your own photos to share with da world? It's a tad underhanded, but it sure beats pop-ups.

BTW, anyone else think Bill Paxton aint looking too good these days? And the blonde in the second photo is just plain bone ugly. 

I am the one who started this whole uproar, and I found it very confusing because you don't know that what you are looking at is an ad until the fourth picture. I thought they were photos of Rubycat's family, because I saw them first in her album and because they don't look like promotional stills. They look like ordinary snapshots. Then I saw the final pic with the movie credits and realized what the move is about and was upset because I had just emailed a bunch of family members with a link to one of my own albums and realized that they were going to have this show up when they viewed it! I don't have a problem with an ad if I know it's an ad, but this is both deceptive and offensive. And it shows up in every single album that you view!

I don't have a problem with ads... I know it's the price to pay for free hosting. It's just this kind of ad that really burns me up. And Bill looks rough because the photos are rough... part of the gimmick to make you think it's a "family photo" in someone's album. And... pop-ups can be blocked!

HEY! I wanted to let you know I have been enjoying the progress of your Garfield!

you are doing a great job!

it is my hope to also do one someday.

looking forward to more eyecandy! :blink:

nutti :angry: