Got a Dremel for my birthday!!

My wonderful husband just bought me a dremel for my birthday!! :blink:

The thing I'm most anxious to make is my own molding. Do I need router bits for that or are there others that work just as well for the kind of mini work we do? The set is from the 300 series, so it looks like I already have some of the basics but if there were one "must have" attachment, what would it be?

Thanks for your advice!

What

:blink:

The thing I'm most anxious to make is my own molding. Do I need router bits for that or are there others that work just as well for the kind of mini work we do?

Congratulations on the new Dremel. You will learn to love it. The 300 series is a good basis for all the accessories and the attachments that are not specific for the 400 tool.

You can shape some moldings with the accessories included in the kit. I did for years before the larger family of attachments became available. I suggest,however, that you will be a lot happier with the molding job if you invest in the model 231 shaper/router table and the 600 series router bits. These make the job quicker, better, and safer.

Dave

Congrats on your Dremel!!! This is a really useful tool to have - I use mine a lot. I got a cut-off wheel to cut my floorboards, use it to drill 1/16" holes for electrical eyelets and sand inside curved pieces using that round, barrel-shaped sanding tool.

You can also use the sanding tools instead of clippers to cut your dogs' toenails, which is why we got it in the first place!! :)

I found my Dremel this week after it being lost for about 2 years (we moved house and many things got very well tucked away!).

I too want the mini router bits and the router table for making mini windows. I also want the circular saw tool. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll get many hours of enjoyment, I love mine.