Miniatures

Margaret

I am starting to collect miniatures for my future dollhouse and I have a quick question.I have some porcelain cats which are about 2 inches high.Are they too big for my dollhouse which will be a Beacon Hill?I just like them and want to incorporate them into my new home.

the scale is probably too big. I just measured my kitty and he is 12 in high so for a dollhouse, you want a kitty that is an inch high. But I wouldn't discount them entirely. Once your house is built, then you can decide if they are too big.

1:12 means "one inch equals one foot". So something that is one foot tall in real life would be one inch tall in miniature...

Now, my TuffyCat (who is sitting in my lap purring up a storm as I type this) is nearly 17 inches tall, from toes to ear tips..and he is a huge housecat!..so a 2 inch cat -- 2 feet, or 24 inches -- tall, would be a bit large.

But they'd be neat as "guard cats" at the front door! :welcome:

Another cool place to look for cats (and dogs, too!) is in the gumball machines many stores have in their lobbies. I don't remember who it was that pointed this out, but it was definitely someone here, and I've more than taken advantage of this tip!!!

Another cool place to look for cats (and dogs, too!) is in the gumball machines many stores have in their lobbies. I don't remember who it was that pointed this out, but it was definitely someone here, and I've more than taken advantage of this tip!!!

thats a great idea!

Amongst the porcelain cats that my Mom had there were 3 cats that are between 1-1.5 inches.The 1.5 inch cat is sitting-I think these cats will work out much better.Thanks for the suggestions-Now I have one for you-To make mini butterflies for your gardens use scrapbooking stickers-Sandwich a small piece of a paperclip between 2 identical butterfly stickers -this way you can see both sides of the butterfly-I've done this with a hummingbird sticker as well.

i got a pack of 12 rubber cats and dogs at the dollar store not the cutest look things but nothing some paint and time cant fix. def check the gumball machines

i love the butefly idea ill have to remeber that :)

Paint it a solid color and make it into an ornament for the house. I have a statue of a cat in my living room. It is was bigger than my own cats....... Put a plant next to it, and viola! Decorative cat!