Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Melissa and I just this weekend bought my first dollhouse at a goodwill store for a very good price and has not been opened ;) . It is theTennyson which I dont think is made anymore. Anyway I am looking for any advise on how to get started and where do I start.

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't built your house but I've seen some great photos. First thing to do (and this may sound like I'm being cute but I'm not) is open the box and read through the instructions. I always read through them at least twice before I get started just so I can try to envision how it will go together and where I may have trouble. Then I try to think about how I want it to look when finished and if I want to make any changes in it before I build it. Some folks like to wall paper their rooms before assembly and some like to prime the pieces before taking them out of their sheets. But I don't think either is necessary as I've gotten many houses that are already assembled and still need priming and papering or repapering. It just depends on how you want to do it. Dry fitting pieces is another good thing to do before you glue them in place. I use masking or painters tape to hold it together for dry fitting and also to hold together till the glue dries.

I know there are lots of others here that can give you some good pointers on building this house - I've only built smaller ones so far.

-David

Welcome to the forum, Melissa. There are some folks here who have built the Tennyson who may be able to help you. Basically, read over the instructions, as David suggests, until you get a feel for how the house goes together & then dry-fit to see what it looks like. Somewhere along the way you may decide how you want to do it, or what you might want to change. "Oopsies" can be covered up or made into something quite different. Plan to take your time. Above all, relax & have fun.

Welcome to the Neighborhood!! Linda has built this house more recently than me and I know she took great pictures too. This is a wonderful house. Do you have the one with the stone foundation? That is the one I assembled about 5 years ago :) .

Have you picked out colors yet?

Welcome to the forum Melissa! The Tennyson is a very pretty house! And no, it is no longer made.

I have one [link here: http://community.webshots.com/album/464290008VfRmKd ] and Terri (Smallhouset) has one [link here: http://community.webshots.com/album/270084671NyTsCV ]. I also have very limited construction photos, if you need them.

Welcome to the forum Melissa. You have a great house to start with. While I was building mine, I looked at Linda's alot. She did a wonderful job, as usual. The only thing I did different was I added a set of stairs from the second floor and made the attic a bedroom. Have fun with it, and if you have any problems let us know how we can help.

terri