My Houses So Far...

sweetpeas

Thanks, it was actually a lot easier than it looked, I got it as a kit from Postley crafts (I don't know if they still produce them, but I'd love to get a bow top next!), the flower details were done with those rub on transfers that card makers use (it took about two days for that bit) and I used a gold pen to go around the edges. The inside is really nicely designed, they even included a fabulous stove and shelves and I've used the flower decals inside too. My only problem now is finding a 12th scale horse to pull it!!

I'd love to get my hands on a bow top caravan, but I still haven't found another kit in the same scale and I'm still looking for a horse, I've found a couple of shires, but they're not really 'vanner horses' and a little too fat for the shafts!! I really want one in a standing pose as well, (maybe I'm being a bit too picky), but I'll keep looking.

Your caravan is fantastic, well done! I did have a link on another doll forum for a lady who was after a horse to draw her caravan, and I've asked her if she still has it and will post it if she does.

Hi Debbi. Your work is beautiful! Your wagon needs some Breyer horses like the ones that I used for my sleigh in my gallery. I have the Arabian family, but any of the Breyer classic line of horses would look amazing. Be sure that you get the classic line from Breyer. I just ordered Black Beauty from one of the newer lines and found out once it arrived that it is 1:10 scale and HUGE. It's like a dinopony! Won't be using THAT with my dollhouse any time soon. LOL!

Your caravan is fantastic, well done! I did have a link on another doll forum for a lady who was after a horse to draw her caravan, and I've asked her if she still has it and will post it if she does.

Here you go, she did find a typical gypsy horse on this site, slightly larger than 1/12th scale I think but it worked

http://www.utterlyhorses.com/model-horses.asp?catid=76

She also said she had seen some Breyer horses in Wilkinsons recently of the right scale, so might be worth checking out

Edited by kayjay

Hi,

Thanks for the link and the tip (I'll investigate Wilkinsons tomorrow). I really have my heart set on finding a vanner horse, but the only breyer one I've seen so far is too big. I might have a try at repainting a smaller breed into a vanner style, (I've seen quite a lot of 'repaints' on ebay, but don't know how easy or difficult that might be!!)...