G'Day from Austgralia!

dawnee10

Hi

I just found your forum and wanted to introduce myself I am from sunny Brisbane in Qieensland Australia.

I am crazy about dolls house miniatures and am in the process of making my 3rd house. Its not very popular here so sometimes its hard to find good products so I tend to buy a lot on line.

Anyway its good to meet you all.

Dawn

Dawn go to my gallery and see my others...mostly bought everything online (ebay is my friend! lol )

Theres a few of us on here from australia now :p woohooooooooo we are growing

I made good friends with 'debra' and we chat all the time :p

Hi Dawn and Linda,

Guess what? Yep, I'm from Aus too. Sunny Brisbane to be exact. We must be the only people awake at the moment. This site looks great. I've made a few houses too and I agree, there's not a lot of places to get product other than online. Hopefully it will get more popular here soon, I think it is gaining popularity. I'm in the process of making a product about how to make a dolls house right now in fact. I'm so glad I found this site. I know it will inspire me.

Good to meet you,

Trace

Your gallery is great Linda, you have made some really nice stuff.

Hey Trace, good to meet you too, another Brisvegas girl! What product are you making for the dollshouse, would be interested to hear more about it.

Cheers

Dawn

Wow, a party going on! Welcome to the "little" family here, Dawn. When you make five posts you can open an album for pictures of your houses in the Gallery, and I'm very anxious to see what you've built & are building.

Hi Gayle and Holly

Thanks so much for the welcome, its a pleasure to be here!

Good to meet you.

Holly, I dont have any photos at the moment when I lived in England I made a shop and a Georgian house, I have just started a Victorian house and are really excited. Will post some photos as I go.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Yep, another Brisvegas gal. Great place to live huh. How long have you been here? I'm just making a digital book on making dolls houses. I thought it might help to get more people interested here and well, everywhere in fact. It's just such a great hobby and would be nice to have more Aussies interested. I'm trying to remember what it was like when I first started. To find out what people would like to know I thought I'd post this question and see what answers I get back. If you or anyone else reading this would like to fill it out I'll send you a copy when it's done, it's free. Never done this before so I hope this works lol

Just click here <a href="http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?a=39688&b=768&c=">Can I ASK you a question?</a>

The more questions I get the more I'll know what people want to know and hopefully through experience I can help them out. Should be fun.

Cheers,

Trace

Hey Trace

Thats a good idea, the more interest we get here in Australia the more likely we are to get some good products.

Your link doesnt work, but I will try and paste in my explorer to get into it. I am happy to have a look.

Good luck with your project and I would love to get a copy of your book!

Cheers

Dawn

Ooops, don't know what I did wrong there. Not to worry. If you would like a copy, I'll be happy to send you one. Just let me know your email address. It won't be ready for a while so no need for it yet.

I'm off to bed now, great to meet you and I hope to get to know you all better soon.

Trace :p

:p to the new members from Down Under!

When we plan another virtual raid on ... ummm, visit to Greenleaf HQ, we'll have to work out the logistics from Australia as well as Europe!

Hi Kathie,

lol that sounds great. Send me a plane ticket :p

ok, I sorted my link, I think. Like I said, if anyone clicks on this and answers the question I'll send you a copy of my book http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?a=39...mp;b=768&c=

I gotta get more Aussies interested somehow :p

Thanks,

Trace (am really off to bed now *yawn* )

Thank you all for the really wonderful welcome, I appreciate it. I am really excited about my new house, I have built the house and now have my blank canvas. I am waiting for an order in the mail and every day I go to my letter box in the hope that its here and Ican get started. Will post some pics as soon as I am up and running.

Thanks

Dawn

LOL @ all the aussie flags flying in this topic :angry:

There really isnt much here in aus compared to America and England we are the poor cousins lol

But it is growing...an untapped business opportunity...Dean are you reading :Jumpy: lol

When any american kits come on ebay.au we flock like locusts :huh:

Even mini clubs are scarce...so welcome to all the downunder people lets sit back, relax and watch the eyecandy in the galleries :blink:

Linda