Very New Newbie

Hi,

I'm very new to the mini world but have always been facinated by it.

I had a dollhouse when I was younger but I mostly remember my mom and aunt decorating and having a great time with it. :ph34r:

I have 2 houses. One thats been in the Garage for years. Its a Greenleaf but I dont remember which one. I just know I opened the box, was overwhelmed and back in it went. So then I bought a Duracraft kit of a smaller house and decided to "practice" on that. So, I started. :) We'll see how it goes.

I live in NC and am a SAHM to 6 kids ages 5-12. I live on a Farm and love animals. I like to read, scrapbook, sew a little, and do home decorating. So really, I just needed another hobby. LOL :p

Is there anyone else in NC out there? I'm a bit north of Greensboro.

I look forward to "meeting" everyone.

Sherry

Welcome to the forum, Sherry, our Linda Cullen is a North Carolinian. Which Dura-Craft kit are you building? My first two kits were the San Franciscan (for DGD) and the Cambridge (for me). Then I built a Corona Buttercup and I was "sold" on tab & slot kits! and when I built a Sugarplum for the 2004 "Creatin' Contest" at HBS I was hooked on Greenleaf.

Which Greenleaf kit sits sulking in your garage?

We would all just love to see pictures of your work.

Hi Sherry and Welcome!

You'll find lots of info here about building Greenleaf's and every other kit you can imagine. When ever I get stumped I post and someone alwasy has a wonderful answer for me! :D I'm not exactly a mini expert myself :lol: which is cool cause asking questions is a great thing! Looking forward to hearing about your houses and which ones your working on.

-David - in Calif.

Welcome Sherry! Yeap our Linda is in The Carolina's too.

:lol:

I have built a couple of the Dura-craft Ashley's & sweetheart cottages (there smaller houses).

Which one do you have and which greenleaf do you have stashed away in your garage?

Hope to hear from you soon and again Welcome to the fourm!

Welcome Sherry!

The good news is, building a dollhouse is way easier than, say, rehabbing your kitchen -- and it's cheaper, too.

Maybe you can help improve on my mini sources in North Carolina list. Alas, I don't live there -- I was just there temporarily. That's when I built the Arthur on the counter of my husband's hotel room.

Hi Sherry and Welcome!

You'll find lots of info here about building Greenleaf's  and every other kit you can imagine.  When ever I get stumped I post and someone alwasy has a wonderful answer for me! :o I'm not exactly a mini expert myself  :lol: which is cool cause asking questions is a great thing!  Looking forward to hearing about your houses and which ones your working on.

-David - in Calif.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes welcome to the forums Sherry! This is my new home away from home, so I'm sure you will get sucked in just like me! I'm constantly on here looking for ideas posting questions. This site is the best out there! Good luck and I am really looking forward to seeing your progress! :D

Welcome Sherry to the forum. I have done DuraCraft Kits. I am working on the Manchester kit now. They are nice kits. But I have done many of the Greenleaf kits and I like them so much. We just got the Beacon Hill.

Good luck if you need any help let me know and I will try to help you.

Valerie

----------------------

Our Web Site

Dollhousesonashoestring

I live in NC and am a SAHM to 6 kids ages 5-12.  I live on a Farm and love animals.  I like to read, scrapbook, sew a little, and do home decorating.  So really, I just needed another hobby. LOL :lol:

Is there anyone else in NC out there?  I'm a bit north of Greensboro.

I look forward to "meeting" everyone.

Sherry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Sherry! My ears perked right up--both on the GL kit in your garage and you being in NC! Me too! I'm mostly in Charlotte, so you're a bit away from me, but not too far.

Welcome to the forum!

PS, what's SAHM?

Welcome to the forum Sherry, this is the place to be to get over the "feeling stumped" and to get a huge amount of inspiration as well as advice.

I am also curious on which GL kit that is sitting there in the garage awaiting some love and attnetion LOL

Hugs