Glue

Gill Howe

Do NOT use hot glue! Elmer's Carpenter's Glue works great and lasts long. Tacky White Glue is another choice....I prefer Eileen's! Good luck! Gee a Garfield without instructions is a problem! Perhaps you can download those instructions from our site here or send an emal to Greenleaf requesting a copy?

Titebond II seems to be the choice of most luthiers, good enough for them is good enough for me.

I also like Rhino glue (catalysed polyurethane glue) but it doesn't fill gaps as well as bond type glues.

Elmer's is great...Aileen's is a good choice, too (my favorite!). It comes in various "strengths", or "tackiness"...I use the "regular" for general building, the "extra tacky" for hard-to-hold-together places.

Yes, Greenleaf should be able to send you the warm-up sheet....but if you have the actual instructions (with schematics) you may not really need it.

It's a great house! Have fun!

The warm-up sheet is the one that tells you Don't Panic. Otherwise you can read most of the information right here on the forum.

I used tacky glue to build my first kit and when the second one came into my life I had this epiphany: Since I was gluing so much wood to wood, why not use carpenter's wood glue? I still use Elmer's white all-purpose glue for the acetate window inserts and superglue gel for metal & glass & solvent for polystyrene.

I'm wondering if the warm up sheet is still the same as it was in 1986. ( my kit is that old). The "Don't Panic" sheet.

I could scan it and email it to ya if you'd like.. Just PM me if you'd like.

But Holly is right. Most of the info is right here in the forum.

And you can keep asking questions as you go.