February 2006 Swap

LPCullen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Things just took a downfall here and it will be awhile before things are back to normal pace around here. I hope that when the next swap comes around things will be settled down enough so I can join in on the fun.

Hugs,

Lyn

We are 5 days away from the ship out deadline. If anyone is going to have trouble making that date, please let me know ASAP.

BTW, I have received boxes from Melissa and Susanne. I will show whose boxes I have received in the pinned area, where the February signups are.

I'm planning on mailing mine out on Friday . . . if I'm not under 20 feet of snow that is! :D

I went to the gym to swim tonight and it was snowing lightly when I left. I came out an hour and a half later and my car was covered in a foot of snow. I almost didn't make it home because the road was blocked off by police until the snow plow came along. I was 'freakin' out because I don't know my way home any other way. Brian said I'd have to go around the lake which is about a 40 minute drive in good weather. Ha! Anyway, the snowplow came, I made it home and now I'm going to climb into my cozy bed and be thankful I don't have to go out tomorrow!! :)

wow! :D

how scary for you!

I like the snow but I dont like the driving in them!

well when it first starts its almost magical to be in it....but not when its bad!

all snowed in with nuttin but mini's

how sad for you :D

glad you are safe!

nutti :)

We still haven't had any snow--at either house. We've had some flurries that lasted for 15-30 minutes but nothing else. Strangely enough, even Hickory that normally gets a good snow at least once (but usually more) a year has not had any either, other than the flurries.

I like snow, but then I don't see it often. What I really like is when it starts on Thursday afternoon, so that I can go home (I don't drive in the snow except to go home), and it keeps snowing on Friday so I don't have to go to work. And then the sun comes out Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and melts it all away!

Just to give you an idea of how much snow we get--that big snow we had here in February 2004, for the first time in my life I saw a snow plow going down the road moving the snow aside!

Actually, this is the first year that I haven't seen a snow plow going down our streets plowing the snow to the sides! We've had no snow this year. A couple of light flurries, but that's it. Usually, by this time of year the snow plows are hitting the residential streets and we have huge hills lining the sides of the street. It's just too expensive to haul it all away. The weather has also been warm all winter. Yesterday, it turned cold...bitter wind. Today it's just real cold -25 C.

Strange year, hasn't been a snowless warm winter that I've ever witnessed.

Susanne

P.S. At Linda's suggestions, I've taken off my signature directing people to Webshots. I'll do this for 10 days.

Well, we did end up with about 2 feet of snow! Luckily, we didn't have anywhere to go yesterday except down the road for groceries. The snow fall lasted all Wednesday night and all day yesterday. Today it is nice and sun shiny! :D Snow everywhere of course!!

I finally got my items finished today! I'll have them wrapped and ready for shipping tomorrow! ;)

well after the health delay I was able to finish all but one of the things I was going to make....not because I ran out of time or because I still puny but because I searched for 2 days an have no idea what websight had the instructions for it!

ugggggggg!!!

I will post my items tomorrow!

nutti now needs sleep!

:blink:

I am so sorry!! I am late turning in my swap so I am the one that needs to be whipped with the wet noodle :blink: !

I am so sorry and will mail them out tomorrow! I intended to mail them Monday and forgot things were closed and I have walked passed the box at least 2 times a day and not even noticed it (I have a one tracked mind latly).

I am so sorry everyone!! I promise to ship out Tomorrow!!

Awe Tracy you know everyone will forgive you ;) I'm shocked to see my box made it there already since I mailed late too - Oh.. and the beads I couldn't find anywhere?... now I find them :blink: <sigh> figures huh? Oh well I guess I'll have them for next time I make an infuriatingly frustrating item :blink:

-David

I was surprised too David, because it seems like I'd just gotten a note from you telling me you had shipped, and then there it was. Especially since we're on opposite coasts.

OK. Y'all have to hear my funny. I think my mail carrier has it down! I received 5 packages in the mail today. When I pulled into the driveway, there was a postal plastic bucket/basket thingy on the porch. I guess they figured there was so many they should just put them in there and leave it on the porch, LOL!