February 2006 Swap

LPCullen

I'm AnnE (from Austria)! :( AnnA is from Sweden! Very confusing, I know... :angry: I would love to participite in your swaps too. But I fear it would take too long to send minis from Austria to the US. It would be not fair for you to have to wait that long for my swap! :D But I enjoy seeing your beautiful mini creations on the internet! =)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on Anna's box. I've made an "executive" decision and decided that I will only wait until March 20 for it to arrive. That's 30 days from the required ship out date, and although I hate for anyone to have to miss out on a swap, my schedule has gone so wacko that I have to cut it off on that date.

It is now March 20, and Anna's box has still not been received. I will begin preparing the boxes for shipment tonight, and will mostly likely get them shipped out on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Not quite sure yet, but mostly likely it will be Wednesday.

Sounds like a plan, Linda! Too bad about Anna's box, but that's the way the wind blows!! I assume you'll post them when they do arrive?!! :angry:

I certainly can understand how difficult this is for Anna. Living where mail delivery is slower (and involves crossing international borders), I know that I have to be way ahead of everybody else in planning my swap items. As soon as Linda posted the topics, I started planning what I might want to make in each category. Then I go over my supplies to see what I might need to order. I also know that I have to mail at least a week before everybody else to ensure that my package arrives on time. It keeps me on my toes.

Susanne

I feel for Anna, the postal system is really slow--I sent packages to my daughter when she was in Iraq that got to her quicker than this. I sent her packages every week, but she never received them in the order they were mail. But of course they were going to an APO address.

Is it just me or does it seem like the postal system is getting worse about losing packages, late delivery, etc. I know we sent a return receipt requested letter to someone from our office and received their reply before we received the receipt back LOL.

Looking so forward to see the "goodie" package. It will be like Christmas.

P.s. Has Anna even been on the board lately? Speaking of missing members, has anyone heard from Irishmist (Carol)?

I do too because since I ship over seas sometimes things go awry. I sent a friend of mine who lives in the UK a glencroft and it took months for it to get there because it somehow was put on the boat instead of the air plane. The postage info showed clearly that it should have gone via airmail too and I paid extra for it too :angry:. If everyone else don't mind, I don't mind waiting for her things another week.

Im for waiting if thats what everyone wants to do....these are the things one deals with in doing swaps.

but whatever is decided Im good with.

I love getting boxes in the mail....I swear the Fed ex guy just knocks on my door to see the fat woman jump up and down like a little school girl when a box is delivered!

today Dean answered the door and he was like....this is for the Missus! squeel from nutti! lol from fed ex guy!

nutti :angry:

I'm fine with waiting another week for Anna's parcel.

I think that the mail delivery system has gotten slower too. When you're dealing with international border crossings, it can really hold things up. I'll give you some for instances in what I've paid for postage costs and how the postal service holds up delivery: (I give no blame to the sellers - they really try hard to get the packages to me). I haven't received any of these packaged yet.

March 14 parcel mailed from Toronto (no border to cross) -$6.00 U.S. for 2 small knitted items

March 8th parcel mailed from Virginia - $16.35 U.S. - heavier weight with 7 magazines.

February 6th mailed from U.D. - $33.00 U.S. /surface - This was a heavier purchase.

February 25th mailed from California - $4.75 U.S. for 4 light weight items

March 4th mailed from U.K. - $14.00 U.S. - 7 small light weight items.

March 9th (HBS Miniatures) sent fedex by $30.00 - not arrived yet.

I can really understand how Anna's parcel has been delayed. It's frustrating, but is what we contend with when crossing borders.

BTW, I have my cats Dudley and Trinity perched on kitchen chairs at the front screen door waiting for a postal delivery truck. Yes, it's cold outside and there a lot of snow, but .... hopefully ...... maybe today.............

Susanne

So the three of you are saying that you don't mind if I put all the small boxes into one big box and ship it to you so that you can re-box and re-sort and re-send out all? Which one of you wants it?

The scheduling problems are mine. It's either this week, or another month from now, and in the meantime getting the April swap going on, and the fact that the boxes are in my office (home, not work) and I'm getting afraid that something will happen to them and things will get lost.

I too hate to have to ship prior to Anna's box arriving, especially when she told me that she sent it. However, it's been more than a month since she sent it, and it hasn't arrived. It may very well be lost, unfortunately, which saddens me greatly. Please note that I said I would ship on the 20th, with or without, and I haven't done it yet (because I'm still hoping it will come in). But, the boxes will go out this week, unless one of you wants to volunteer to have all shipped to you for you to handle.

Linda -

Sorry, I really didn't mean for this to sound like a criticism of how you're handling the swap items.

I really appreciate that you do this for the enjoyment of all of us. I don't like to see someone left out because of Customs/postal services. You're right though ... the parcel could be lost. It also shouldn't be left as your problem.

I've just read that you're sending out another poll. I'll vote that you mail the swap items out to us as you've planned. You're the glue that holds our swaps together, and I realize that you do what's best to ensure that the swaps do work.

Susanne

Linda -

Sorry, I really didn't mean for this to sound like a criticism of how you're handling the swap items.

I really appreciate that you do this for the enjoyment of all of us. I don't like to see someone left out because of Customs/postal services. You're right though ... the parcel could be lost. It also shouldn't be left as your problem.

I've just read that you're sending out another poll. I'll vote that you mail the swap items out to us as you've planned. You're the glue that holds our swaps together, and I realize that you do what's best to ensure that the swaps do work.

Susanne

Susanne, I didn't take any of it as criticism--I took it all as we all hate to have to not have Anna in the swap. Please read your PMs, and send me your vote on my suggestion! Don't post what you've voted on the forum, send it to me privately please.

She's makin a list

Checkin it twice

Gettin real paranoid

That she's gonna screw up

Linda's sorting through your items tonight

She's lookin for boxes

Lookin in word

Seein who's name she

Needs to add

Linda's gonna put the items in the boxes tonight

She's countin the items

In each stack

Double checkin

To make sure got it right

Starting to feel a little like Santa Claus here, LOL!

Are you wearing a Santa Costume? LOL <_< It's cold enough in Edmonton to wear the red long underwear suit.

Susanne

Uh ... no ...

But, Jimmy kinda likes the ones that I wear sometimes ....

That'll learn you to ask me questions like that when I'm slap happy, LOL!

She found enough boxes

She's got the items sorted

She's counted each one

And she's put them all into their very own boxes

Then she recounted them again

She's got the boxes packed

She's printed the labels

Tomorrow morn she's gonna

Put more packing peanuts in

Seal the boxes

Tape the boxes shut and affix the labels

Linda's gonna mail your boxes

TOMORROW!!!!!!

And for those of you who got emails from me requesting your addresses,

NEVER MIND.

Found them.

YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!

Going to bed now.

YOUR PACKAGES HAVE BEEN SHIPPED.

Susanne, yours is supposed to arrive in 7-9 days, or so the cute little feller at the post office told me. I told him he was an expensive date, LOL!

Thank you Linda ...... Oh boy!! In 7-9 days I'm going to have Dudley waiting by the front door wearing his pink sweater. He'll be my lookout for the Postal Delivery guy. BTW I think you all know that Dudley is my cat and not my dh!!

Also today is our 28th Wedding Anniversary. We're just going to spend a quiet evening at home.

Susanne