Greetings from Holland

Josje

• 3 months later...

Your canal house is AMAZING!!! and once again, I am humbled by the great talent of so many.

I have worked on my Georgian for a year as of today, April 1. It is almost finished, meaning it is no longer in my workshop but on the dining room table that I use to display one dollhouse at a time. Many, many details to go and I only have one doll done - a butler in his little tuxedo-like uniform. I bought the doll but made the uniform. I have been practicing doll making with FIMO and am getting better at it but that isnt saying much.

Welcome to the forum! Alyce

Wow, I love your canal house! In 1994, we flew KLM Royal Dutch from NY to Moscow. On the way home, we had that wonderful layover in Amsterdam and got to spend the day walking all over the city.

KLM is the best, and Amsterdam was beautiful. I loved looking at your canal house and also the KLM roombox. They bought back wonderful memories!

Your canal house is wonderful! I am in amazed at your wook floors. They must have taken a lot of time! And the details of the grass between the cobble stones!!! Your work is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Gosh, thank you all! I only just noticed the posts from December, sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Alyce, I've been working on my house for five years now and I'm about half way. So I think you've done pretty well in one year!

Kathi, I'm glad it brought back good memories :) I used to live in Amsterdam and loved it, but now I enjoy the calm of the countryside. Still only about half an hour's drive from the city center, so the best of both worlds.

Honeybunny, the wood floors did take quite a long time, but are worth the effort I think (and not difficult to do).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for welcoming me Gayle, Paula, Chesterfieldzoo, Wilma, Margaret and Chris! And thanks for the compliments :thumbup:

Margaret, how wonderful to have a grandmother that age! Do you still get to see her sometimes? My sister used to live in Bennekom as a student in this huge old villa. It's a nice area to live, my family originates from around there.