Peep!

heidiiiii

Our local paper is having a contest for area townspeople. They want you to send photos of the easter candy Peeps in different scenes. The best will be posted on the website and in the paper. The winner gets a prize but they havent said. I made it before the deadline. LOL

Here is one of the two photos I submitted. I hate Peeps. They taste yucky.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Peeps - that and Mini eggs are my weaknesses this time of year. Can't stand the gooey Cadbury eggs, though. Bleah...

Washington Post did a Peep diorama submission thing too - but I read it too late. Oh well. Good luck!

And here is my favorite online Peep menagerie - Lord of the Peeps

Your scene is adorable Heidi! Very well done!

I like Peeps too, but not as much as I used to! I see this year they have them in sugar-free. Saw that and wondered what the point would be! LOL I also love the dark chocolate marshmallow eggs - those are my weakness!

Good luck in the contest!

They now have chocolate Peeps too. Still yucky. But gave my scene a multcultural feel. Peeps of all colors! LOL

I used to love love love those really big chocolate easter eggs. The ones that are creme filled. My dad used to freeze them and then slice them into pieces. I havent seen those in a long time (not talking about cadbury eggs).

your scene was really cute Heidi! especially dad peep readin the paper. LOL. and i always liked peeps... just sugar coated marshmallows! i still want to put one in the microwave though... a friend told me that it would blow up to fill the entire thing but dont really feel like the clean up just to satisfy my curiosity afterwards...

and i love to suck the goo out of the cadbury eggs too, but my favorite is the pure joy of biting the ears off of a solid chocolate bunny! (why are they all hollow these days???!!!)

ooohhh i love those malted eggs too...and jelly beans....and coconut cream eggs...and, and, and!

Hmmmm, I think I may be needing a new microwave soon anyway....sooooooo...I'd heard that about Peeps too, and I'd love to know if they blow up in the nuke......I've always hated those things, I'm a Cadbury Cream Egg girl (and I LOVE the cadbury bunny, so cute)

Heidi, I love your Peep scene, and good luck with the contest!

That's just too cool Heidi! They look so domesticated in that setting.

Peeps and microwaves. <grinning> Peep jousting is one of those "aquired" tastes. If you've never Peep jousted, this is from Wikipedia:

The messy and largely self-entertaining game, "Peep Jousting" is played with a microwave. One takes two Peeps, and licks the right-hand side of each until sticky. A toothpick is thereby adhered to each Peep, pointing forward like a jousting lance. The Peeps are then set in a microwave, squared off against one another, and heated up. As they expand, the toothpick lances thrust toward each opponent, and the winner is the one that does not pop and deflate. There have been many confirmed deaths of peeps. Ties (both fatal and harmless) are common. Both usually are eaten after the competition, however, regardless who the victor was, calling into question the nature of "winning" in such a circumstance. [1]This folkloric tradition has been noted by the Washington Post.

Deb

I dont even know what the prize is (could be a free easter dinner for four or could be a g.c. at a chocolate shop) but I really want my Peeps in the paper and online. That would be good enough for me.

but I really want my Peeps in the paper and online. That would be good enough for me.

oh yes get the dollhouses out there for all to see and say hey wonder where she got that miniatures?!

and your scene....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

to dern funny! peeps reading papers!

nutti :lol:

Heidi that is so cute. I use to eat peeps when I was little but now I can't even stand to look at them. If someone gets them for the kids and have Chris run them to my brother next door (He stills loves them) so I don't have to worry about them sitting here.

Good Luck I really hope you win. :ohyeah:

I am going to buy some Peeps today and try jousting with the kids. The microwave has to be cleaned anyway.

3 more days till they post the winners of the contest...It is killin me. What is the prize? Will I at least get posted in the paper and online? Oh Peep!!

Let me check my email....

I think since it is a Peep contest, they will announce the winner(s) on Easter Sunday in the paper.

Oh they have a gallery of Peeps!

You have to page thru a bit to find mine. Lots of competition!

The email says they will announce the winner on Sunday in the paper.