fantasy villa

dragonlady1380

my hubby got me this for our anniversary this yr and it arrived and has no instructions just says to match bits up with the picture on the box. it is smaller than my other houses and i thought about making it into a special project and not just a normal house. im thinking just now about it being a witches speak easy house with tarrot reading and spell casting. the out side i think i will do in a off white textured effect with a glittered finish then the roof a dark mahogany but not sure about the trim.

has any one els had this house and what did u do with it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a picture on the back of the box of the sheets inside with numbers by chance? Those are the guides that tell you what to do. It's like number 1 goes into slot 2 and so on... I have the woodcraft Country House, and those numbers are the instructions. Best of luck with the build!

I have built the fantasy villa a lot of times and if you follow the numerical instructions, it'll be built in no time. It is 1/2" scale (1/24 scale) not 1" scale which is why it's smaller. Here is a picture of one of the Villas I did

gallery_4_87_36082.jpg

You can see more pictures of it in the gallery here

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...um&album=87

I can't answer your question but it brings up one for me.

Exactly what scale are these dollhouses? You said it is a little smaller than your others - scale wise smaller or just a smaller house overall?

I've seen these advertised but nowhere do they give a scale - they only give the outside dimensions which can be very deceiving. They are always quite ornate and lovely looking. I've never seen one in real life. Are they as nice as they appear online?

Anyone know the scale of these Wood Craft puzzle houses and the furniture they make to go with (at least I assume it's to go with them) ???

One more question - are they open or closed in the back and if closed can you bash them to do interior decorating?

thanx i hope it will turn out good. i plan to take my time on this one and even to do a blog with a step by step on it. i have to get rid of one of my other dolls house first tho it has been sitting for ages and just not talking to me. i have done two rooms on it and it needs a lot of tlc. it is all wired up and needs the door re hanging and the roof rehanging and a fresh coat of paint. then i can start on the fantasy villa. im hoping to find some one close to me who would love to give it a home.

I'm thinking the new ones are even smaller than 1/2" scale. I got one off Tracy that I gave to Marg a few years back, then got another last year for myself. The one I got is definitely smaller, unless they make 2 versions of the kit.

You are right Andrew! So many people complain to me that my houses must be 1" scale because there's is smaller. I did not get the ones I sell from China because the ones direct from China use a different scale and also the dies are not cut the same. I have had people complain that mine cost much more but I know they are not comparing Apples to Apples :groucho: The ones from China shows the wrong size of there kits because the sellers just lift the size from others who sell the Fantasy Villa which is misleading to there buyers.

You can see the difference here in this shot:

gallery_4_87_729306.jpg

minis on the edge did u paint urs before assemblig or after. im unsure if to pain before and then touch up when assembled. also how did u assemble did u use the slot together method or did u cut them off and glue it.

do u have any pics of the inside of the villa finished or have u not got that far yet.

well my impatients got the better of me and i started the villa and bloody hell it is driving me mad on the box it says match the numberd bits up with the numbers on the diagram but there is no numbers on the diagram and there is bits inside bits that u cant see. im up to the roff areas now and have quit for the night. it does look pretty but it is a frustrating little blighter

• 2 weeks later...