The Laurel is finished!

RobinS

She is finally 'finished'! Well, I still have to make curtains and rugs for her. She is much happier now that she has been completed. For nine months she has fussed and refused to be glued together. B) But we finally came to an agreement about what she liked and here she is:

post-1588-1189536058_thumb.jpg

Roberta, I love it! I had to create a new porch for Pearl (Jennifer, I got a falling-apart Laurlel built with hot glue and not all the parts used, see my "Laurel rehab" album for the shole, gruesome story) and now I'm putting on the shingles, which I HOPE to finish today and paint tomorrow, because then the house will be finished and Poor Pitiful Pearl will become the Pearl of Great Price (if I were going to sell her, which I'm not). I didn't put a railing on the porch, BTW.

I used white with green and burgundy accents.
Me, too (although I tinted the burgundy to a lush pink for the exterior walls)

Thank you! I have to say that a lot of you on here have helped me create her. Giving me encouragement and help, tricks and tips to get me past her fits. And she could throw some doozies! ;) I love the colors I used and may use them on the addition I am planning next, the Buttercup. I am thinking of using the lighter pink on the outside and darker pink on the inside.

The last two courses of shingles on the rear roof are drying and after I paint it all shortly mine will also be finished, although it will be a while before I get all of the pictures up. Mine must have given her first builder fits, because she was a perfect little lady for me!

I loike the idea of the Buttercup for an addition! I had thought they would go together really well, once I saw a 1:1 setup with a house & attached shop that looked similar to a Laurel & Buttercup, only I seem to remember all the colors were the same.

For some strange reason when I opened your Laurel album there were two sets of the first five or six pictures, so I didn't see your finished interior.

When I finished painting my shingles I realized I still had not painted the foundation, and when I went to begin there was a wee piece on the side I had to cut & glue. I finally began painting the foundation with gesso late in the afternoon and will finish today after breakfast.

I already have the Chrysnbon kitchen kits & the stain out to go back to work on finishing Maggie's insides.

• 5 weeks later...