Nutti Is in The Hospital

Minis On The Edge

Well, the friend who got the Westville goes through the same thing, it was always scary working with her when the pain would get so bad she needed to go in the hospital. At least working for the state she had some sort of medical plan. The doctors don't want to do surgery on her, either.

the friend who got the Westville goes through the same thing

she has my complete and total sympathy.

this has been a weird road for me to travel down.

last yr in Feb I started bleeding longer and longer during that time of the month untill there was no "time" of the month. it just never stopped. but I didnt go to the Dr coz I had no pain.

this kind of thing runs in my family so I have heard all the horror stories and so when the bleeding started with no more pain then what Im used to(and its always been bad the first days)(all my life)

I thought well it must not be serious.

well in oct of last yr I finally went to the dr and she slapped me in the hospital

seems like I had lost so much blood I had to have a transfusion. 7 units of blood

I had lost it so gradually I didnt realize I was feeling bad. but ohhhhh I felt so bad after getting all that blood back at one time.

I had a procedure called an ablation which stopped the bleeding for 3 months

but this time when it came it had a new friend "Pain"

the bleeding is not severe so I dont have that worry but the pain is unbelieveable sometimes. at my last obgyn appt she told me if it got so bad I felt like the pills werent doing it to go to hospital for IV meds. so I did.

I think next time Ill just suffer thru.

her hope is that when my disability ins takes affect and I am able to go for the gastric bypass that the dr doing it will allow her to perform the hysterectomy.

and so that is where I am at this point.

sounds like fun dont it! :D

miniatures and building dollhouses have given me new purpose in my lil world and I hate days when I feel less than myself.

so now yall know more than ya wanted to

sorry for the TMI fellas

now thats my story and Im sticking to it!!

nutti :D

Nutti, me darlin'

I'm glad you told the whole story because I was gonna 'lay into' you for not having the hystorectomy. But, it would really be better to only have to recouperate from one surgery instead of two. So I understand that you are waiting for the bypass; I only hope that comes to pass soon for your sake.

I am going to a pain management doctor in December for low back pain caused by two 'bluging' discs. The docs won't do surgery cuz they say it prolly won't help. I only mentioned that because I understand chronic pain.

But, anywho, how long do you think it will be before the disability ins. will be there for you? I would say that you would want to be looking for a doc who will let your OB/GYN do the hystorectomy at the same time as the bypass. So that way you will be all set when the ins. goes into effect.

Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling a little better....ONE thing though....don't try to 'tough-it-out' when the pain comes again....go to the hospital for the IV meds. I don't want my Nutti to be a-hurtin' OK, darlin'? :D

Doe

oh man Doe

2 disc out!! ugggg I had one out laying on my siatic nerve

but they did do surgery on me. that was 7 yrs ago and even though this pain is bad

nothing compares to the back pain I suffered. the side of my leg and 3 smallest toes will always be numb from waiting so long to have the surgery done.

my disability ins will be effective in Feb. so not so long now.

will you be getting cortizone shots?

I had 6 of them over a course of 2 yrs they helped at first

and if I had not been raising small children perhaps I wouldnt have needed surgery

good luck in Dec. I hope they help you!

nutti :D

Doe, trust me, have the surgery!! I had a disc 'bulge' into my sciatic nerve which sent undescribable pain down into my toes and up into my head . . . the pain was soooo bad I thought I was dying! Good thing hubby was home at the time to call an ambulance and have me shipped off to the hospital. I had surgery the next day . . . that of course after 16 hours of morphine, which didn't do a blessed thing and who knows how much Demerol . . . I still felt the pain but didn't care about it!

That was all on the left side . . . as some of you know, about a month ago I injured my back again and this time it went down the right side!! I just can't describe sciatic pain . . . it's always there . . . at least until after upteen physiotherapy appointments, anti-inflammatories, heat, cold, massage, pain killers, yadda yadda yadda, oh and countless exercises!!

Makes me appreciate when I don't have 'pain' days!! :)

Oh Nutti, First glad you are doing better, I've been out of town and couldn't check the forum until today. When I read the first message I was afraid you had fallen and broken something (which is bad, but might be easier to fix than the real problem). I will definitely include you in my prayers.

My twin sister had gastric by-pass several years ago and she not only lost weight she lost height, so think this over very carefully. I'm sure if you're interested she would be glad to share her experience. I don't know if you've talked to anyone that has had this done. Just email me and let me know or forward any questions and I'll be more than glad to ask her for you she doesn't have email.

Don't skip the pain medicine, yes, its an inconvenience but it may very well be worth it.

Here's hoping you get to feeling better and better.

Peggi

Nutti, I'm shocked this happened and I didn't even know... I'm glad you are ok.. but you must have that operation.. we need you ( my first friend on computer, walking me thru my first posts)

What can you do to make it happen?

Halloween is your biggest Holiday, hope you didn't overdo.

Have lots of mini questions to ask you when you are up to it. Vicki

Im all better now Vicki! had my shot and it is all kicked in.

no bleeding no pain. so Im good to go for a couple of months.

but this time Im not waiting till I start hurting to get shot...already have an appointment for next one in Jan. and by than who know perhaps Ill be closer to finding a doctor willing to do both at once.

big huggggzzzz you!! Im sorry I forgot to let ya know.

50 wet noodle lashes for me!

you may ask any and all questions Im ready....may not have answer but you can ask!

have you played with new camera yet?

nutti :o

Ohhhh, Nutti! I'm so sorry! Hope you will find a way to cope with this horrible pain and a good doctor who can help you to make the right decision and who can enable you to live a life without pain again!!! Modern medicine offers us a wide range of powerful treatments so noone should have to suffer from pain today!!! Good luck, poor Nutti!!! :)

I had a disc 'bulge' into my sciatic nerve which sent undescribable pain down into my toes and up into my head . . . the pain was soooo bad I thought I was dying!  Good thing hubby was home at the time to call an ambulance and have me shipped off to the hospital.  I had surgery the next day . . . that of course after 16 hours of morphine, which didn't do a blessed thing and who knows how much Demerol . . . I still felt the pain but didn't care about it!

That was all on the left side . . . as some of you know, about a month ago I injured my back again and this time it went down the right side!!  I just can't describe sciatic pain . . . it's always there . . . at least until after upteen physiotherapy appointments, anti-inflammatories, heat, cold, massage, pain killers, yadda yadda yadda, oh and countless exercises!!

Makes me appreciate when I don't have 'pain' days!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is something I have trouble with too, along with degenerative disc disease and that lovely arthritis all in my back. When the problem with the sciatic nerve first started, I actually lost the ability to walk. How to describe the pain? Well, I'd much rather give birth to triplets that weigh 30 pounds each at birth with absolutely no pain medication at all than to have that happen again!

This is something I have trouble with too, along with degenerative disc disease and that lovely arthritis all in my back. When the problem with the sciatic nerve first started, I actually lost the ability to walk. How to describe the pain? Well, I'd much rather give birth to triplets that weigh 30 pounds each at birth with absolutely no pain medication at all than to have that happen again!

absolutly!!

my neurosurgeon told me that he had more women tell him how they'd rather give birth even c section with out drugs than have this type of pain.

and no matter how bad my tummy hurts I know it pales in comparison to the back and that siatic nerve I also didnt walk unassisted for 2 weeks. I was in bed and only left bed to potty with Hubby and one of my boys help.

it was awful!

I also have degenerative disc disease and was told if I didnt get this weight off I could expect more surgery in the future.

good news for me....I recieved my medicare papers informing it goes into effect on Feb 1

today I spoke with my doctor and she is going to look into doctors and give me a referral. so I have officially taken my first baby steps twords surgery.

nutti ;)

Congratulations Nutti, so glad to hear the paperwork has started and you can start looking at getting more permanent relief. In the meantime keep getting your shots, ok.

I've not experience the sciatic nerve but I have a 23 yr old neice who just last week had to have disc removed because one had broken off and was pinching the nerve and another one removed because it was jutting out, she seems to be doing well right now, but she has really suffered. The therapy and some type of spinal shots (which she said was excruiating) didn't get her much relief. So after watching her suffer I feel for you Linda and Minimadwoman. I hope you both are pain free right now.

Peggi