websites

marj45

Is there a list of websites for miniatures on here? I'm new here today

there are no stores near me, (Belleville, Ontario)

I am reluctant to buy online, I like to touch and see. However if someone else recommends them, I will buy

I am just getting back in dollhouses, my kids are grown up and I have a 4 year old granddaughter, she is

going to help me.

also, is there a website for Sylvanian Families in North America?

Marj

Hi Marj,

Welcome. I live "out in the country" in Oregon and have no dollhouse store near me either so do my buying online. I buy from different sources - several Ebay sellers, miniatures.com, and there's a Mott's miniatures too. When I travel anywhere, I plan to look for a store in each town I visit. Recently, I went to Sacramento, CA and Stopped in at The Elegant Dollhouse - a very nice store and great owner and staff.

Virginia

I too was terrified of shopping online when I joined here! Not no more!!! I'm hooked on Dejouxminiatures/ They have a websight as well as a buy it now Ebay store. They are great to deal with! Also I'm not sure how close to Toronto, Belleville is but The Little dollhouse Company there rocks. You can go online, then with the order numbers shop over the telephone. This lady is the nicest to deal with.

Welcome and hello! Enjoy your stay here and stay long! It's a wonderful place to learn and enjoy other's masterpieces and see what you want to do!

I too live in the Boondocks of Montana with no mini stores around. I've learned to rely on ingenuity!

Wolfie

Welcome to the forum, Marj! :wave:

If you look at the top of the page for General Mini Talk, you will see "pinned" topics. There is one for Do It Yourself Projects - you'll see pages of links posted there for all kinds of online tutorials and project pages. It's worth having a look, as you will find that there are many minis you can make for yourself! :banana:

Forgive my ignorance - it may be just because I'm tired, but I don't seem to know what Sylvanian is. :) Will you jog my memory, please?

Hi Marj, I don't know if anyone posted this yet-- I found Calico Critters (what Sylvanian Families turned into) here:

Oakridge Hobbies

A google search can find you a number of other sources, like http://thetoyhunt.com/dollhouses-calico-cr...an-family-.html, including for critters no longer offered...

I used to have quite a collection when I was a kid-- what is left of them is in some storage box somewhere...!