The Lily bookcase space

Just One More

Hi, I have been working on the Lily. I put on the straight-sided mansard roof with foam core and used the British slate roofing paper from HBS. It looks nicer than thought it would. In the bookcase space on the second floor I found that the Houseworks narrow door fits perfectly so I will have a deep closet under the stairs. The only place I have found the narrow door is Handley House catalog. If anyone loves closets in dollhouses like I do, you should try it.

Pat

Hi, I'm taking lots of pictures as I go but have to get my daughter here to show me how to get them to everyone. I have used so much foam core tape and cardboard on this house. Some of the pieces were warped so I went into my scrap supply and fixed most of it so far. It really looks different. I put the single oval panel victorian door in front. I really like this floor plan.

Pat

What a very cool idea! I think that room is my favorite in the Lily. It's got so much personality and a little closet door would go very well in there.

Deb

Oh I can't wait to see your Lily with the different roofline and the closet. When do you expect your daughter to come help? Can we help with instructions?

I took pictures today of the progress. The windows will take forever. The roof looks pretty nice. It's just paper that looks like slate roofing but with all the trim it will look fine. I bought four yardsticks at the Walmart paint department. I cut them to put on top of the roof surrounding piece. It looked a little thin. I use yard sticks all the time for strip wood if you need at least an inch wide or so. I have used them for shutters before. They are just as good as the more expensive pieces at craft stores.

The narrow door fits without the door frame in the stair back, so have to attach it some way so it will open.

I tried to see how to send pictures today but still don't get it. Is it anything like forwarding attachments in emails? I just figured that out. I am a total computer novice. Hope I can send pics soon. I have a lot of my Jeffersons, Fairfield, Arthurs and Glencroft. I'd love to share them.

Pat

The narrow door fits without the door frame in the stair back, so have to attach it some way so it will open.
I did that with the Westville, I made a door frame from kit scrapwood and hinged the door to it to make a working utility closet under the Westville stairs here and here's what it looked like in place:blog-242-1127871816_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Finally got some pitures posted in the gallery of the Lily in progress and a few of the Jefferson, the Glencroft and the Fairfield. For some reason it won't allow me to put in more. It gets all the way through the upload and then says the web page cannot be displayed. Some others have had the same problem I saw in a new post. Anyway you can see the new roof and how the closet will look. Let me know what you think.

Pat

I love closets and making the bookcase into a closet is nifty! You can always add bookcases either in furniture or as wall hangers, but you can't always put closets in! Great job!

Wolfie