KathieB strikes agian!

Thank you for sharing!!! I would have loved to have been there, and perhaps someday I migth be able to come over to "mini-heaven" ie a huge show event like this....

(Great seeing you all!)

Hugs

Oh yikes!! There I am, and my subcontractor, Ralph! So much for my efforts at anonimity! :shifty: We did have a grand time, and really do have to figure out how to get together again and have more time to just sit and chat. We were all wired up, I think, ready to go shopping!! so didn't spend a lot of time in chit-chat.

That is wonderful!! It is a great picture and a great article, Kathie. A really nice addition to the site.

So, Dean, I was reading further down about the limited edition houses coming soon. Any hints about the first one? Are you going to bring back some of the retired houses by any chance?

So, Dean, I was reading further down about the limited edition houses coming soon. Any hints about the first one? Are you going to bring back some of the retired houses by any chance?

Hmm, well that would be superb, may I perhaps make a small suggestion on a wonderful house that might be lovley to get back??? The tall and slender Emerson Row would be soooooo neat to get hold of... :ohyeah:

OK, I will be silent now, just wanted to sort of plant a teeny seed... :shifty:

Hugs

Hmm, well that would be superb, may I perhaps make a small suggestion on a wonderful house that might be lovley to get back??? The tall and slender Emerson Row would be soooooo neat to get hold of... :ohyeah:

OK, I will be silent now, just wanted to sort of plant a teeny seed... :shifty:

Hugs

I was thinking the Willowcrest for its neat shape as well. :ohyeah:

So, Dean, I was reading further down about the limited edition houses coming soon. Any hints about the first one?

Actually, I've been working on a 60th Anniversary Edition of a Greenleaf house that is already in production. This release will be a short run (250 houses) that will sport a few architectural changes, upgraded windows and doors as well as an assortment of different trims to enhance the appearance. This house will also be made of birch plywood and I'm currently experimenting with the shingles and siding to include something unique. Right now the hold up is the packaging. The kit is much larger because of all the goodies and won't fit in the regular box, but since this is going to be sold only through our Company Store, I don't see a need for a traditional retail box. This presents a good opportunity to find out, would the packaging on a product like this be important to you?

Alright then, Dean! I can't wait for that! :ohyeah: I wouldn't be too concerned about the packaging! I just want to get at what's inside!!

Nice article Kathie! Maybe next time we should meet for dinner . . . that way we'd all be too exhausted for anything else and we could do show-and-tell!! :shifty:

Sure Dean! I'll go snap a photo now!! BRB!

Here's the picture of the Birdhouse name tag with my identifying 'Green Leaf'.

post-267-1175784197_thumb.jpg

Can you believe I painted these all up the day before I was leaving for Chicago?!! Talk about procrastinating!! :shifty:

Edited by MiniMadWoman

Right now the hold up is the packaging. The kit is much larger because of all the goodies and won't fit in the regular box, but since this is going to be sold only through our Company Store, I don't see a need for a traditional retail box. This presents a good opportunity to find out, would the packaging on a product like this be important to you?

Personally the packaging does not matter to me unless I bought the kit to "collect" I don't do that though, I collect the houses so as long as a picture of the finished house is included, I don't care at all about the packaging

Teresa, the little badges were wonderful! And you neglected to mention that you included little magnets with them, so we could stick them on our fridge, later...where mine are, now! :shifty:

As for packaging -- that doesn't matter to me in the least...but PICTURES are helpful, or clear schematics, about "what is supposed to go where", and what the designer intended the house to look like in the end (assuming we don't bash it along the way! :ohyeah: )

So, a limited edition kit, huh....guess I'd better start saving my dimes! :ohyeah:

That's so great that you guys got together :shifty: , thanks for sharing the picture it's nice to see all of you.

As for the packaging, I think it would need to be slightly different since it is a limited edition so you wouldn't get it confused with an original (just in case you would collect it and not build it).

Teresa, the little badges were wonderful! And you neglected to mention that you included little magnets with them, so we could stick them on our fridge, later...where mine are, now!

:ohyeah: Sorry about that Ann! I thought about it later, but then thought you'd figure it out . . . and you did!! If anyone didn't catch the magnet in your baggie, let me know, I can send you one or you can pick them up at any craft store! Be sure to save the pin for next year though!! :shifty:

wouldn't be too concerned about the packaging! I just want to get at what's inside!!
I agree, and added words to the same effect with Tracy's poll. I would dearly love to build a Victorianna pour moi!

Actually, I've been working on a 60th Anniversary Edition of a Greenleaf house that is already in production. This release will be a short run (250 houses) that will sport a few architectural changes, upgraded windows and doors as well as an assortment of different trims to enhance the appearance. This house will also be made of birch plywood and I'm currently experimenting with the shingles and siding to include something unique. Right now the hold up is the packaging. The kit is much larger because of all the goodies and won't fit in the regular box, but since this is going to be sold only through our Company Store, I don't see a need for a traditional retail box. This presents a good opportunity to find out, would the packaging on a product like this be important to you?

Put me down for 1 right now! I mean it, can I prepay? I'm ready to go a G-note right now!