Chicago Classes I took <snicker>

Teresa and I took a class from Jo Bevilacqua titled Leni's Garden She was a WONDERFUL lady and I so enjoyed being in her class. She is funny & witty & full of stories to tell. Teresa & I sat next to each other and we giggled and laughed so much people thought we had some of her Apple Pucker juice for lunch :whistle: :wave: This is a picture of Leni's Garden Before I finished it (I am still adding flowers to it <snicker> <snicker> <snort>) :D

This is the garden wall before I finished:

gallery_4_919_63581.jpg

I also made these BEAUTIFUl Hydrangea's :wish: <snicker> :wish: :

med_gallery_4_919_56585.jpg

You can see more pictures of my "Leni's Garden" by viewing my gallery:

Chicago Class

Totally for sure!! I would LOVE that!! It was so much fun and Teresa was so sweet! Sharon you had such a warm pretty a fast smile too. Kathie & Ann (hubby too) and Cindy & Andrea was so pleasant to meet!! It felt wonderful to meet you all face to face. I wish I would have gotten there earlier for breakfast! But at least we did get to chat a look at fabric before the show! We all gotta get together at least once a year to meet up and do some things in mini for sure!

Oh, I'm so jealous!! It sounds like so much fun and you made a beautiful garden and hydrangea.

Shhhhhh.... I am being Bad. There is a joke behind the Hydrangea flowers class.....Teresa is gonna get me when she read this post :lol: A clue is the fact that I decided I totally HATED cutting leaves & petals for the flowers :shifty: I decided that fact when I had to cut petals for the Leni's Garden class :groucho:

miz tracy, these are great!

hey, even when you misbehave in class :groucho: and get in trouble and you shirk cutting out tiny petals and leaves, you do wonderful work. a-mazing!

Those flowers are beautifil. That really is what I need -- a hands-on class on how to make them. I'd LOVE to fill up my greenhouse and other houses with flowers...but I must confess I'm a bit intimidated by the tiny leaves and all..

Yes, it was LOVELY to meet everyone -- and watch you all plunder through the fabric and wallpaper samples! :groucho: Ralph (my husband) was convinced we'd end up having to either lug some of the wallpaper books home or find a dumpster along the way...but in less than 20 minutes a HUGE HEAP of sample books were mysteriously GONE. Even the hotel staff was impressed -- I talked to the luggage guy later, and he was sure he'd have a huge mess to clean up..and there was but one forlorn book left! :shifty:

And I'm so excited about my new kits -- The Country House (I'd sort of forgotten what a charmer she is!) and the Emerson Row! If I weren't so tired I'd crack them open already! :lol:

And pics...you all need to post your PICS! And I have a new family member...Miss Purrsyla Tabbykins, proprietor of The Country Garden Store, quite distressed to learn that the contractors haven't even STARTED on her store just yet. But the Goodkats of Lady Garfield have invited her to stay with them until her store, greenhouse and arbor are sorted out, so I'm sure she'll be just fine. She is a bit dismayed to find, however, that there is a BAR in town, even though it's a class place, Brimble's Public House. She hasn't met Brimble yet....

hi, uppity,

and when do we get to meet this very propah Miss Tabbykins?

mayhap she will chat with another merchant or two as she finds her way around town, and gently become enchanted (as we all are!) with the dashing Brimble ... :groucho:

EDIT: i just saw her in your gallery. oh, my, she is just darling!!!

whew! i'm so glad you spoke up and snatched her away from that other person (the NERVE of some people !) who had been looking at her.

And now you will take her to live in the style to which she's accustomed, and she will live happily ever after. goody!! :shifty:

Tracy, you did a marvelous job on those hydrangeas . . . I couldn't have done them any better if I had taken the class myself! <snicker, snicker, snicker!>

Since you're sharing yours I thought I would share mine with you . . .

post-267-1175470460_thumb.jpg

Isn't she just beautiful? I'm so proud of myself!! <snicker, snicker>

Okay, I'm going to post the rest of my pictures in the Gallery . . . watch for MR. PENNETHORNE . . . he has arrived!!

Hey Teresa.....That doll Looks WONDERFUL!!! Looks like something " I " would do <snicker> Okay for those of you who did not read the message on the side of the pictures in my gallery, the hydrangeas are Teresa's :D She did such a totally WONDERFUL job!! I was up with her until 1am in Jo's class trying to learn how to do those dog gone flowers and I must say, I have even MORE respect for Teresa cause SHE actually did it. I did not want to at all :yum: I saw all of those pieces and freaked out (Got an instant head ache) Jo & Teresa showed me no pity and Jo told me to get cutting :yum:

I was totally nervouse about that doll class since I had never dressed a doll or wigged one either and when I sat down and saw ALL of those scraps of fabric I though "What in the world did I get myself into"!! Well, Pat Melvin was a WONDERFUL teacher too (I am so glad that both instructors that I had were wonderful and patiant)!

Teresa was a BIG source of encouragement too! She kept telling me I could do it :yum: Thanks Teresa!!

Teresa was a BIG source of encouragement too! She kept telling me I could do it Thanks Teresa!!
Ah, Tracy, you're so welcome dear!! You did an awesome job on both your projects! I'm so glad I got to take a class with you . . . it was just TOO much fun!! Thank you for helping me with my shadow box . . . if it weren't for you and your 'GREEN' it just wouldn't look right. You are a first class painter!

I bet Mrs. MR. PENNETHORNE was totally excited to get have Mr. MR. PENNETHORNE home after all of this time!

He looks so handsome! They make a WONDERFUL couple!

Miss Pennethorne is totally excited about Mr. Pennethorne's arrival! She was about to have a fainting spell, when someone came up with the smelling salts! Good thing . . . that could have been very embarassing! They're going to be married this month and then off for a trip around the world tour. As you can imagine . . . there's a frantic pace going on around here with all the planning! :D

teresa, just took a tour of your Chicago gallery. it is great that you all had such a good time!

Wow, Mr P and all of your finds are really splendid! the shadowbox you did is just delightful, too.

Well *ahem* i think that until the marriage, Mr P and Ms P will conduct themselves as befits them, and the family-orientation of the forums.

i am assuming that Mr P and Ms P are cousins - so very English of them - and that he is a Younger Son who won't inherit much but an "Hon." and that it is a love match as opposed a "marriage of convenience" since those usually weren't really convenient for anybody. ... except, of course, that in this situation the monograms might be a no-brainer. :giggle:

they are charming together. they look so well suited to each other, and as though they'll be very happy. the new doggie is perfect for them, too.

Tracy, wow, you made some amazing hydrangeas!!! :w00t:

i had a nice time touring your gallery from the Bishop Show, and thank you for the photos! very nice. and that young lady of yours is just adorable.

you got some super finds, too! can't wait to see what comes next!

it looks as though the castle is going to be magnificent -- of course, that goes without saying, but the presents for the castle are very cool, too.

and i know you'll be signing up for all the flower-making classes for the fall show, too! :giggle::harhar1:

And I have a new family member...Miss Purrsyla Tabbykins, proprietor of The Country Garden Store, quite distressed to learn that the contractors haven't even STARTED on her store just yet. But the Goodkats of Lady Garfield have invited her to stay with them until her store, greenhouse and arbor are sorted out, so I'm sure she'll be just fine. She is a bit dismayed to find, however, that there is a BAR in town, even though it's a class place, Brimble's Public House. She hasn't met Brimble yet....

My, oh my, is there a hint of romance in the air? Miss Tabbykins is just sweetly adorable and so very obviously a lady that Brimble will have his paws full trying to win her. You will keep us informed about when they meet won't you?

Oh magosh, there is romance in the air! Mr. Pennethorne has finally arrived! I was wondering if his ship would ever make it across the pond, but there he is and well worth the wait. Teresa, between Mr Pennethorne's arrival and the delightful goodies you got at the show, you'll be spending hours rearranging things. What fun!

Deb

Looks like you guys had a great time, I'd love for Marg to be able to attend next year. I'd love to also, but I'd prolly get us all kicked out. P.C. are not my middle initials. :giggle:

Looks like you guys had a great time, I'd love for Marg to be able to attend next year. I'd love to also, but I'd prolly get us all kicked out. P.C. are not my middle initials. :giggle:

Hey, Doogster, you could come and hang out with Ralph -- if you don't mind spending your time trolling for working tools and guns and ammunition! :harhar1:

WOWSERS! Those are wonderful Tracy! I love yours too Teresa!

Hey, Tracy, what class is Rik Pierce doing next year? Might wanna go to that one.

IF it is that witchy cottage I definitley need to start saving my pennies... Now that is something I would absolutley love doing!!!

Hugs