Wallpaper paste

caitejay

I'm buying wallpaper paste today, and I'm not sure what to buy - there's this Minigraphics Wallpaper Mucilage paste, but then there's also a Builder's Choice gel which looks like it would be really easy to apply. And then there's also some YES! product.

So now I'm confused - what are people's opinions on the easiest type of paste to use?

Everyone uses something different..personal preference.

I use mother stoves paste (get in dh aisle at craft store if you have one). It has the texture of kindergarten paste and I like that I can move my paper around if I have to.

You might have to go with trial and error until you find what you like best.

I bought a1/2 gallon white plastic bucket with green label of Shur-Stik many years ago at Home Depot or Lowe's that I have been using to stick wallpaper since I built my Cambridge, it cost around $3.50 or so. It's regular pre-mixed wallpaper paste, nothing fancy, and does it ever do the job!

I personally would not use the wallpaper mucilage if you live in a high humidity zone. I used it once and it never did dry . . . even a year later.

I use Mod Podge . . . I apply a light coat to the paper and a light coat to the wall and then apply and smooth with my hand. It's a snap to put the wallpaper in place and if I decide later I want something different, it comes off relatively easily.

Good luck!

At the hardware store I also found a little wooden brayer for smoothing the wallpaper borders that is perfect for smoothing out mini wallpaper. In addition to scrapbooking paper (which I hit with a spray of matte acrylic sealer before pasting up, to forestall possible "bleeding" problems I've sometimes had with moisture and the colors on the paper) for dh wallpaper I've used 1:1 scale wallpaper with suitably tiny designs, giftwrap and regular dh wallpaper, shelf liner and decoupage techniques. I haven't tried fabric with tiny prints yet, but have seen that to work extremely well.

Let me ask you guys this......I have mod podge and found it curls the paper being water based. Are you guys using a different formula specially made for paper?

the basic/original mod podge i have i tried to use on scrapbook paper that i bought to put on a floor and it made the paper wrinkle up a little...like the way paper does when wet with water.

Maybe I am applying it wrong.

Thus far spray adhesive in a can made by 3M is all I have found that works well enough on DH wallpaper.

I ended up getting a rubber cement that's supposed to be made for scrapbooking. I really wanted something that would allow me to easily remove the wallpaper down the road. So far, it's worked well.

I ended up getting a rubber cement that's supposed to be made for scrapbooking. I really wanted something that would allow me to easily remove the wallpaper down the road. So far, it's worked well.

Goodie! I have tried a lot of different ones as I had "some" issues with the bubbling earlier, so now I use the white glue, spread it thinly with a palstic card and it works OK most of the time, one doesn't have to much time to fiddle around so I try and have the paper prepared in size and only needs to cut out the window and door openings afterwards.

Hugs

I use a store card for bubbling. You know those things..want the sale price? get our card!

They give you the card for your key chain so the wallet ones arent used....but they are perfect for smoothing out wallpaper in the dh!