New Member Wolfie

Wolfie

I live in Montana. I have 6 dollhouse kits by Greenleaf in my basement, 5 Greenleaf and one "unnamed" one. I am new to this forum, but not new to dollhouse making. I also make porcelain dolls as well as dollhouses.

I have a half finished McKinley in the basement, I bricked the outside walls. But in the process of moving, I am missing the parts to finish the dollhouse so it is sitting collecting dust. I have a Garfield with the base finished. I have a Harrison, Arthur, Pierce in the boxes. The unnamed one is also in a box. Back in the 80's I used to purchase the Greenleaf kits wholesale and make them up and decorate them and sell them at shows in Massachusetts, now I just want to make up my kits as displays for my dolls. You can see my dolls at http://www.lonewolfminiaturecreations.com and you can see that I make all types. Oh I also have another unnamed kit that I was going to make into a "house of ill repute" but my dog fixed that one up for me. I'm thinking of using it as an "add-on" for the Arthur as they are about the same size.....that would give me 6 or 7 rooms rather than the 4.

I also build my own furniture from kits and utilize certain plastic furniture kits as well - especially for the Arthur sized houses. I had built a beautiful Glencroft many years ago, but someone stole it from me at a show! I was so upset. I also had built a Brookwood in the past that I loved. Attached is a picture of a roombox with some of the things I'm going to put into my Garfield or Pierce.

I use the books Dollhouses to Dreamhouses and do a bit of kitbashing. I love to trade and swap! I got my Garfield by trading two custom dolls for it! And did the same with my Pierce.

Well I've bored you guys long enough!

Wolfie

Thank you for the lovely welcome Lisa! Thank you for the nice compliments on my dolls as well. I love to make "character dolls" and custom dolls. I was on a Victorian kick this past fall and early winter so had made up a ton of them. Now I'm trying to get going on my Garfield......as a foil for some of the dolls. My Garfield story will be that this is a house lovingly passed down for some 5 generations and each generation has improved or added or restored ..... and it's a blend of old and new. "We" will not be rich enough to afford a maid or butler, but the house will be homelike in many ways. I'm taking "scenes" from my own childhood for certain rooms, and "scenes" from the present for other's....I'll be changing some things inside. I want to add brick planters inside the front doors filled with Boston ferns. There will be a settle against the staircase that you can see from the front door. A cozy place to sit and a place where guests can toss their coats and things. There will be a table with a lamp - mail will be deposited there, keys, etc. The closet under the stairs will be filled with jackets and coats and hats and boots, umbrellas and all things normally found in a hall closet. From there you can either go to the left into the dining area. I have the paper already picked out for this room and the hallways. It is cream silk stripe with a slight pattern int he stripes. Very formal. I will be using green carpeting in the dining room and hallways. The draperies in the dining room will be green silk with sheers under. The window seat will be covered in matching fabric as the drapes with lots of pretty pillows. I'm using the corner unit that comes with the garfield kit with some changes - it will be wallpapered to match the rest of the room. The living room will be the opposite......I have elegant green wallpaper with gold design....and cream carpeting. The fireplace will be cream and I'm bricking the entire wall behind the fireplace up to the ceiling. The mantel will be golden oak which is what most of the furniture will be. My kitchen behind the dining room will be papered in Millie august's Strawberry paper.....and my cabinets, stove and refrigerator will be all white with the counter top itself a blend of three colors of green. I have made up the RealLife kitchen already and I know it fits in there because I measured carefully for it. The table is golden oak, round.....as in the picture I have posted......with four chairs with chair pads in pale green with white silk ribbon bows. By that back door on that wall will be a coat rack with a yellow slicker and hat, and boots below. I love to garden so that will be my entry and exit to the garden outside.

I've always loved the Garfield from the first time I saw it way back in 89......and still love it. Only now I'm going to make it and finish it....let's see if it's Tuesday it must be dollhouse day, and if it's Wednesday it must be "let's make furniture day!" And if it's the weekend - It must be "let's make dolls day!" Call me confused!

Hope I have not bored you all! I'm a writer at heart!

The closet under the stairs will be filled with jackets and coats and hats and boots, umbrellas and all things normally found in a hall closet.
As a little girl growing up with the radio one of my favorite shows was "Fibber McGee & Molly" and the McGees' closet was always my most favorite part of the show.

Your dolls are great!

What wonderful dolls you create!!! After pouring over your website (twice now) I've made certain to add it to my favorites so I can go back & visit often!

I'm glad you found us here at this forum so those of us who've not seen your dolls before have the pleasure of doing so now :no:

Welcome to the forum! :wub: Your doll is lovely - I will have to make time to see more soon - so glad you've joined. (Such a shame that your Glencroft was stolen. It's a charming house that I would love to build some day.)

Gina -

I'm glad you've found our forum. We have lots of fun here and love new eye candy photos. Your dolls are amazing - I'd never seen your site before.

Your Missy Kitty doll is so sweet.

I look forward to chatting with you.

-Susanne

Thank you for the lovely welcome Suzanne and all the rest! I'm overwhelmed! Suzanne, Ms. Kitty was delightful to do. I have an entire family of cat molds.......they are a blast! I also make porcelain dishes - 5 piece dinner sets, salts and peppers, butter dish, jugs, pitchers, tea pots, and other things.....besides dolls. But dolls are my passion along with dollhouses!

Again, thanks for the lovely welcome!

Wolfie