The fabulous journey of Thelma the bear!

Steve_in_PA

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right! she sure does look mighty comfy in that vermont jr.! LOL those photos are great!!

Don't you have a buttercup Jenny? Why not build that for Thelma? Maybe attach a primrose for an extra room. You don't want a house too large, she doesn't seem like the housekeeping type to maintain a large house.

naw i dont have that kit, but i do have a arthur kit i havent built yet... thats a posibilty... hmmmm

Well, Thelma made it on her way up to Michigan this morning! I made it to the post office with 2 minutes to spare! Whew!!

Here is the delivery conf# 0306 3030 0001 3347 4351

She should be up there Tuesday or Wednesday!!

I will miss her!! :ohyeah:

That was great, Amy! Nice pictures. Thanks, too, for the confirmation number...it's nice to be able to track Thelma's progress through our postal system.

Wow, that sure went fast!! Great job Amy . . . looks like Thelma had a great time!!

Thelma has only three stops left, which reminds me that Thumper's time is fast approaching. However, Steve and I have decided that with the summer months fast approaching and people taking off for vacations, maybe it would be best to send Thumper out in the fall. That, and I've had only three people interested in being hosts! What do you all think?

Ditto, the fall sounds good.

and i want to see how well i do with little Thelma before i make another commitment, but i do loooove that Thumper!

Great pics , Amy. It looks like Thelma had fun at all her stops. I guess Thumper will be going out sometime after Labor Day. I'm sure Teresa will be looking for hosts around that time. Summer is just too busy for everyone.

I think the fall is a great idea! and it would work out better for me to be a host as well! am i one of the 3 you have on ur list? if not sign me up!! id love to show Thumper around San Diego :ohyeah:

Shall do, Deanna! :yes:

Would those of you who are interested in hosting Thumper in the fall please PM me with your address? I have some, but not others! Thanks!!

She's here ;) :wave::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I picked Thelma up at lunch time and brought her right home so she could get over her journey next to the nice warm stove; it's still chillllllllllllllllly here.

Oh, darn, I have to go back to work and wait FOUR MORE HOURS before I can open the box. :angry:

Must dash.

Wow....That was fast ! Let's see...2 more stops & then home...is that right ?? Well , Jenny...I guess your "kid" will be home in early June. Are you ready for your 'globe-trotting' bear !?!

Wow....That was fast ! Let's see...2 more stops & then home...is that right ?? Well , Jenny...I guess your "kid" will be home in early June. Are you ready for your 'globe-trotting' bear !?!

yes yes and yes! i am SO excited! i cant wait to see her again! and start planning her own little "home sweet home" i am building for her!!

Thelma was a bit unnerved by spending last evening -- thunder, lightning, hail, power outtage -- alone in the Post Office.

And the weather is cold and windy and wet, still.

Thelma was quite content to peek briefly outside at Mr. and Mrs. Mallard, then retreat to the fireside with some hot cocoa. I think she'll sleep very soundly tonight.