Hello from North Carolina!

cyndi3k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Cyndi,

Glad you found the forum, and congrats on the great house win!

I like your enthusium, and your AVATAR---- great! I'm sure some of us feel like that in the morning. I know I do! I laughed out loud when I saw it...Like looking in a mirror! Anyway.......

Welcome to the group. You'll love it here!

Nancy

hi again,

we have a southern block vote in case we need to vote on something!

Hillsborough, NC is the county seat for Orange County. i live in Chapel Hill according to the post office, so i am near that hotbed of radicalism (not so much!), and near Carrboro, which also is known as the Paris of the Piedmont. Chapel Hill is the annual home to tens of thousands of college students who attend UNC.

my place is a fair distance from town, and it's just about the same distance to Durham, formerly a tobacco city and now "City of Medicine," and annual home to the tens of thousands of college students at NCCU and Duke.

this means that where-ever i drive around here, from August through May, i get to share the road with thousands of newly-licensed drivers. :giggle:

C'mon down!

Good Morning all!

Gayle, I was just in Spartanburg about a month ago at a Dr. appt. You're just a hop, skip and a jump away. BTW my mom's name is the same, her's is spelled Gale.

C.J., Bless your heart! I'm getting ready to have one of those drivers next month. (Reminder: call doc for new nerve pill rx)

Sarah, I am SO excited! I have been making list after list of what I want to do. I started making rugs last night. As for my Avatar... my oldest son started yelling one day that he had found a picture of me online. He sounded so serious. This is what he showed me. I couldn't disagree.

Thank y'all for being so sweet and so welcoming! I'm headed to Sam's later this am, I have an idea for some flooring for Monkey's Harrison and want to check it out.

All three of my lovely children really keep me on my toes. Literally in the case of 2 of them--my 2 oldest are taller than me. (Then add in the 6 dogs, the cat and Pete the fish!) :roflmao: I'm getting a little worried about the ebay seller. I haven't heard from them yet. The price on the Newberg is still at $9.99. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hi all, Sorry I've been missing in action the past few days. But I won the Newberg house and along the way I bought an Arthur. Not to mention a few pieces of furniture. I now have all my supplies and work space ready. Wait.... :wave: I'm missing something.... Oh... :w00t: the kits aren't here yet. Oh well, hopefully the UPS stork will get here soon. I'M READY TO GET STARTED!!!!!!!!!

Monkey Manor sounds like fun! I hope he will have a tire swing somewhere and a tree for climbing.

a little like curious george.

Dad should remember that story tellers can make good money.

Happy Building!

nutti ;)

BTW

Welcome to the forum!! :w00t: :wave::(

I had planned on a tree with a regular swing but a tire swing--Oh what a good idea!!!!! :wave: I also thought about a tree house. My son has one in his room, so I thought maybe Monkey needed one too. I checked out your pictures, Nutti, and saw that your have done some stone work. I have a question on the mini talk forum that maybe you could help with. If you have time maybe you could give me your opinion. I can't want for everything to get here!!!!!

a tire swing somewhere

Check thrift stores or even your DS' toy car supply, one of my coworkers gave me the tire off of one of her son's cars (it had already separated from the parent vehicle) that was a good size to hang from one of the trees in the Cambridge's front yard.

Lord knows we have plenty of cars around here. Surely I can find something that will work. Even if it is still attached...I have a hammer...they'll never know :D

Congrats Kat! You'll love NC! I've lived here all my life in the same town. My husband keeps talking about moving. I'm like...NOPE! Not unless it's to Maine or Ireland. Then I'd move in a heart beat! :groupwave: I'll wave back when you get here!

We lived there for 19 years before moving here to TN. We should have stayed put. We loved it here at first but things have changed so DRASTICALLY in this area over the years since we moved here that we can't wait to leave. The traffic gets worse and worse, there's constant construction going on, speed limits are so low everywhere as to be totally stupid and agonizing and folks coming to visit here don't know how to drive on our mountain roads, yet they rent cabins on the mountains. So guess what they do, they drive SLOWWWWW trying to find the road they need to turn on and then brake at every single curve. I'm ready to go.

I also can't wait to be back near my daughter and grand dogs and my good looking Green Beret son in law. :D

Kat

Kat

I know what you mean Kat, Hendersonville is the retirement capital! Everyone around here drives really slow. There is just something about our mountain roads that confuses them. Sometimes it just drives me nuts! I try to take the back roads as much as possible, but we live right in the middle of town, so I can't always do that. My husband got a job offer in TN, but I told him no. Didn't want to uproot the kids :D Got out of that one. It's always good to live somewhere that you love. And being close to your daughter, son-in-law and grandkids is a major plus. My parents only live about 15 min away from us. I think that if we ever moved, they would have that RV in high gear headed to our back yard. They would kill me if I moved their only grandchildren away from them. Besides I wouldn't be able to afford the phonebills, we talk at least 5-6 times a day. I only have one brother and he lives near Asheville, so still only about a 35 min. drive. Sorry I'm rambling. It's early. School is closed. Need more coffee. :groupwave:

Besides I wouldn't be able to afford the phonebills, we talk at least 5-6 times a day. I only have one brother and he lives near Asheville, so still only about a 35 min. drive. Sorry I'm rambling. It's early. School is closed. Need more coffee. :D

Haha, not a problem, you should have seen me when Alicia was in Puerto Rico for 2 days. Now my daughter and I are very bonded and we talk OFTEN. Like at least once every day. Also sometimes when we were missing each other extra, we'd get on speaker phone and stay on for 3-4 hours. We'd work on things in the house and just talk well we were doing it. Made things easier on both of us. So we got AT&T one rate plan. 29.99 a month includes long distance, 24/7 including to Puerto Rico. :groupwave: Wallah, we could talk as long and as often as we wanted to without worry.

Kat

All of us got Verizon, that way we can call each other airtime free as much as we want anytime of day from anywhere. :banana: We hardly ever use our house phone.

Just about my entire family of Mom, brothers, hubby and I have Verizon and we make use of it too.

My daughter had just signed up to another service when we got Verizon. It had the best coverage in this area.

Kat

Well Hello Everyone!!!! :wub: One of the houses that I bought off of eBay came the other day! This one is for my daughter. It's the Arthur. I checked the tracking for the other 2 houses that I have coming, the Harrison and the Newberg, they should be here on Thursday. :) We've already bought a bunch of furniture, found some wallpaper(scrapbooking paper) and paint. The kids and I are so excited and can't wait to get started. I'll start posting pictures as soon as we do. :D