Hello from North Carolina!

cyndi3k

Hi there! My name is Cyndi. I am a real newbie to all of this. I haven't even gotten my first house yet. I'm bidding on one tonight on ebay. I'm really looking foward to having ya'll around to help me out. I think I may be paying too much for this Harrison, but it's the one that my son wants. The bid right now is $51 and shipping is $36. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but it's for his birthday, for his little stuffed monkey. It's a long, long story. Anyway, thanks so much to you all for being here. This site is wonderful! Thanks again! :thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your bid, I also saw that house and was very tempted to bid, but decided I need to wait a while. LOL

How old is your son?

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!! I'm so happy, I'm shaking!!!!!! The same lady has another one listed that ends in 5 days, maybe I'll see if she can hold this one and ship them together.... :thumb: I think that I've got the bug!

Thanks Jen!

No, It's a Dura Craft Newberg. It still has 5 days to go but it's at $9.99 and there haven't been any bids so far. Wonder which closet I can squeeze it into (behind all the yarn) so my husband doesn't notice... :thumb:

Cyndi

Thanks Tracy,

I can't wait to see if I can do it. I mean I'm sure I can, it's just that it is REALLY BIG and it is my first house. But like I said, it's the one that my son wanted for his birthday. And it is very "manly" looking. My husband is having a hard time with his son asking for a "dollhouse" for his birthday. I told him not to think of it as a dollhouse, but as a Monkey Manor. It is for his little stuffed monkey that I bought him at a thrift store for 10 cents about 5 years ago. He takes him with him everywhere. For Christmas, Monkey had a stocking, a tree and presents. He got a bedroom set from Santa. He wants the outside of the house to look just like the pictures, the kitchen-yellow, the bath-white, the living room-tan, and Monkey's room-brown. That's all he has come up with so far. But he does want to add a base so that Monkey can have a yard in front and on the sides with a fence all around. I made sure that he understood that it would not all be done by his birthday(Feb 13). What do you all use for grass? I thought maybe that indoor/outdoor stuff you get at Lowes. I think I actually have some of that around here somewhere..... I am so glad that I found this site and all of you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Cyndi

Hi Linda,

I'm in Hendersonville, near Asheville. But I go to the Charlotte area alot for my daughter's dance competitions. So we're not that far away from each other. It's great to meet you! :lol:

Cool! My other house is in the bottom tip of Catawba County, near Newton NC.

Hello, fellow Tar Heel, and welcome! :lol:

i'm in the wilds of Orange County near Hillsborough and am glad you've joined.

congrats on your win, and yay! for your infection with the minibug!

There are quite a few from NC on here aren't there! All my dad's family is from Boone and Blowing Rock. I've lived here all my life. My husband is from Augusta, GA. So we go there alot, too. I'm not sure where Hillsborough is?

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi :) , welcome and congrats on your win. :w00t: The harrison is a great house, I'm in the process of doing one that I got as a shell, you know adding and changing this and that. It's hard to say when I'm done if it's acutally going to look like a harrison anymore. :lol: :rofl: