power tools list?

newt

Santa brought me a chainsaw for christmas -- there are a lot of trees here that need to be cleared away--

but that won't do for the dollhouses.

What say you all? Any recommendations?

Power tools I have/ use:

three flex-shaft rotary tools (2 Dremels & 1 B&D RDX) + a Dremel Stylus

Drillpress & router tabble for the above

DH's bench grinder/ sander

DH's bandsaw

DH's lathe

my lathe

my scrollsaw

Additionally I have a Dremel electric sander, a soldering iron, a glue gun (never used, make me an offer! even has a stand & glue sticks), Dh's tablesaw, mitre saw and planer.

Let's see, since I've started this hobby here is a list of tools I've learned to use

Edging Sander

Palm Sander

Dremel

Mini Table Saw

Mini Table Sander

and I'm not sure which saws DH has used when helping me, but they're big and he doesn't trust me to run them, says he'd like for me to keep my fingers in tack. :) ;)

My tools are

24" cut scroll saw

16" cut scroll saw

table saw

makita cordless drill

2 dremels with router attachments

router/table combo

air compressor/18 gauge nailer

palm sander

dual belt sander

spindle sander

chop saw

drill press

They are all MINE, and dh is not allowed to touch them cause he'll lose them or cover them in grease! :)

Hubby and I each have our own tools and the rule is if you borrow from the other you put it back where you found it. :D. He used to work at a discount tol store and the guys used to laugh because I bought more tools for myself than for him. They still give me the employee discount when I go in there.

Kat

I got mad at a set of bunk beds and they met my table saw

I once took a 20 lb sledge hammer to a waterbed. Veeeeeery theraputic.

Power tools? Lemme see............besides my cordless dremel, I've got a mini jigsaw and a mini bench sander that I can't live without. I have a mini workbench and vise beside my work table that has all the bells and whistles to allow me to run the powertools easily without ever getting out of my chair (it even has a vent to suck the sawdust out of my way). I've got a drill press and plunge router for the dremel and in the garage there's a full size table saw, jigsaw, circular saw and a scroll saw. Bruce even built me a workbench in the garage especially for the plunge router and all the extra dremel accessories........he custom built it to my height so I don't strain my back. For my birthday a few years ago, my dad gave me a drill and a full set of titanium bits. I think it delighted him to give it to me as much as it delighted me to receive it.

Deb

For minis the Dremel (or equivalent) is pretty hard to beat. There are some attachments and bits for it that it's tremendously useful. There a new attachment (just saw it in the Micro Mark catalog) called the workcenter. I'll have to check into it further.

A palm sander is great, I love my new B&D Projectmate tool, though it's kinda heavy for prolonged use, it has 3 interchangable noses, a scraper, mini sander and screwdriver. Got it on clearance for 30 bucks.

I have some mini tools I got for model making (scratchbuilding) that also work great for minis. A Mighty Mite table saw from Harbor Freight (I get a lot from there) 5" blade, but with a 9 amp motor it'll cut through anything, a smaller scroll saw, though not really mini, 1" belt sander, tiny little lathe (but it'll sure beat the mount the Dremel in a lathe type set up).

I've said before I love airbrushes. Got a Silentaire Scorpion compressor and 6 of the beasts, plus a detail spraygun, but I need to get a higher flow compressor to run it, the deal was too good on it though, and it's a nice gun.

For bigger tools, Drill press, grinder with pedestal, a Sieg Micro Mill (look small, weighs lot) and a Sieg 7X10 lathe (looks pretty small, weight lots much). The grinder is more for making cutters for the lathe than anything else. And the cordless drill I won last year. :D

On the way home from the Dr we stopped to fill the Rxs at the shopping center with the Harbor Freight store and I saw a 4" table saw and a wee mini disc-sander (I'm too fond of DU's big one with the belt sander, too), check them out if you have a store, they put ALL SORTS of neat tools on sale!

I saw a 4" table saw and a wee mini disc-sander (I'm too fond of DU's big one with the belt sander, too), check them out if you have a store, they put ALL SORTS of neat tools on sale!

I was given the 4" harbor freight saw to try for a dealer friend of mine. She actually sent me 2 of them. The motor on my very old jarmac works much better than this new one and the table tilts too. I really don't think it's worth the money unless someone is only going to be cutting very soft wood with it.

Kat

hello,

i've been googling some of the items people have recommended, so that i might have some notion of what i am looking for.

new hobby, new language, very interesting!

i'll probably skip the sledge hammer, since i don't have a waterbed.

will begin lurking and stalking the yardsales and store sales. it's always good to have a reason, right?

thanks again, everyone, for all the recommendations.