Dollhouse Museum

wenlaine

When I mentioned that Marg could start her own museum in another thread, it brought to mind a museum I've been to in Niagara Falls, on the Canadian side called The Mildred M. Mahoney Dolls House Museum. There is alot of history not only with the dollhouses but the main house as well. Everytime I've been, I'm truly amazed at all the houses this woman has done. If you should ever get up this way, don't hesitate to go. You won't regret it.

Here's a link:

The Mildred M Mahoney Dollhouse Museum

Sounds cool Wendy, it would be nice to visit. I loved the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. I was there about...hmm...maybe 12 years ago I guess. It would be nice to go back for a visit, and go to the museum!

I'm going to go to the mini museum in Kansas City, MO the next time I visit my sis. Have any of you been there?

I'm a member and have been there several times. Be sure to give yourself enough time. They have a fabulous collection of doll houses and hundreds of room boxes, plus displays of individual pieces of furniture that are incredibly intricate. One of the things that always blows me away is the little handmade fabric exhibit ... a teeny little sweater with a pastoral scene knitted in to it, and a pair of GLOVES, also multi-colored wool. The fingers on the gloves are too small to fit over the end of a toothpick.

Every time I go, I find something new to take my breath away.

This reminds me that there is a miniature museum right here in Denver. I may have to make a date with my son to go check it out.

Stacey

You won't be sorry it's a great place I spent 2 hours there by myself found a lot of ideas and the people are great that run the place, it also has a gift shop and a lot of information brosures.

Hi Wendy,

I went to the Mahoney museum eons ago and could have spent a week!

So many things to see and I really wasn't into minis much back then!

Thought I had heard the museum had closed down so I called - they are closed for the season until May.

Thanks for the info Wendy! I've been trying to get Brian to Niagra Falls for years now . . . and then over to P.E.I. to visit Anne of Green Gables! This is just one more reason to get there! :music_band:

You won't be sorry it's a great place I spent 2 hours there by myself found a lot of ideas and the people are great that run the place, it also has a gift shop and a lot of information brosures.

Ooh, now I'm definitely more excited about having the museum nearby. I'll have to go check it out SOON. :doh: