Lincoln logs

Hallowell

That's a charming roombox, and clever use of lincoln logs. I loved those as a kid. There used to be something called "american bricks", too -- plastic bricks that interlocked. I could build with them for hours....

as a kid I loved lincoln logs and legos. I was in heaven when playing with these.

DS#3 still collects Legos as an adult and builds sci-fi manned battle 'droids with them, as well as the bases, transport vehicles, etc.

I, too, played with Lincoln logs and I do remember American bricks. My favorites. Loved them. Played for hours. I'm glad Legos came along in time for my grandkids. We own 1000 Legos and build lots of things.

I guess that means I have been building for 60 yrs?? Ouch!!!!

(I didn't really say that.)

Nancy

thanks for the link! you can almost smell the woodsmoke, it's a wonderful roombox.

Lincoln Logs are back :lol: happily found that out over the holidays.

tried to make the design as pictured on the instructions, made a little barn, way cool.

I still have a weakness for legos. If I go to a friends home and the kids have legos I'm right on the floor with the kids building something. :lol:

My old roommate a few years ago was collecting the Lego kits and he was well into his 20's. :lol:

We should never grow up. :D

Thanks for the link! I looked at all of her room boxes and am awed by her talent, especially the intricate carvings and ability to create her "real" possessions in miniature.

Greg, who said anything about growing up? I sure as heck ain't gonna! Ok, well I fake being mature and grown-up when I have to....y'know, like when I am at work, but once the work is done, back to my cute and cuddly young self!

Hi Holly, what a wonderful toy from your Grandfather to hand down from genration to generation. I think that is just great. :music_band:

It was one of the bestest toys ever! I play with then up until Grandma moved out of her house. My Grandpa(dad's dad) was a carpenter. He also built us kids a two story play house with a balcony. My oldest sister lives in the house Grandpa built for Grandma.