Anybody see Hammered on HGTV?

Steve_in_PA

Did anyone see the show Hammered with John & Jimmy on HGTV last night? It's one of those building & construction shows that's on like 11 pm. I happened to flip it on last night & they were building a Brooklyn style , 3 story Brownstone dollhouse from scratch. They had a lot of good tips on the show. I looked on HGTV's web page & it said that the only time it will be aired again is tonight at 3am! If you want to look it up, it's episode #HBROS-113. They showed things like how to make window molding, mix sand with paint for a stone texture, & even how to do printies. They also showed dollhouses in a children's museum in New York.

I missed it!!! I am usually watching that while reading my book at night (I guess I listen to the TV while reading and I peep up when something fun comes up).

Thanks for telling us the episode number. I can put it in my search so that the next time it comes on, my "Scout" will pick it up and let me know.

I'm DVR-ing that episode!

Speaking of HGTV, did anybody see the Dreamhome episode the other night? The one where you can win a 2.5 million dollar home? If you go to hgtv.com it has a virtual tour and I'm thinking of making my Brookwood like that.

Uhmm, the second air date was 3:00am EST on January 3rd. That means it aired last night, not tonight. Tonight at 3:00am it's techically the 4th. So we've all missed it if you're setting your VCRs. I double checked the listings and tonight's episode is something else.

I saw it. I liked the completed house. But why didn't they just buy some wallpaper, and use that. And christmas lights for a chandalier? I know its a show for DIY's but when they built the gocart they went out and bought the right wheels and tires. Didn't the R&D dept check things out?

I was glad when the lady got the house. I knew just how she felt. I wanted to cry with her! Did you notice she was petting the roof!

I saw it. I liked the completed house. But why didn't they just buy some wallpaper, and use that. And christmas lights for a chandalier? I know its a show for DIY's but when they built the gocart they went out and bought the right wheels and tires. Didn't the R&D dept check things out?

I was glad when the lady got the house. I knew just how she felt. I wanted to cry with her! Did you notice she was petting the roof!

I was just back in the studio when Bruce wandered in and casually said, "They built a dollhouse on Hammered. I recorded it if you want to see it". There's a reason I married that man!

I'm impressed. The woodworking was fascinating and the corbels reeeeeeeeally got my attention. I'll be going back and reviewing that process coz I have a plunge router and I'm not afraid to use it! I don't think I want to try that trick with the circular saw tho. I'll stick with my jigsaw and keep my fingers on my hand where they belong. I loved the front steps too and that process would be really easy to do. I'm definitely going to have to try that.

And christmas lights for a chandalier?
Yeah, I winced at that too. Bruce laughed and said, "Hey, they're builders! What do they know about decorating a house?". I smiled and said, "Well, 1,497 of my closest friends can do both". :whistle: But they did try on the decor and they get points for understanding the concept of printies. On the other hand, if they'd used plywood instead of mdf, they could have had gorgeous, shiny hardwood floors. But I think that mainly they were demonstrating building the shell and they reeeeeeeeeally did a good job of the building and the architectural details.

I was ready to cry too. That was just so sweet of them to give it to her. It literally took her to her knees and I think it would have had the same effect on me if I'd received a gift like that.

Deb

I don't think I want to try that trick with the circular saw tho. I'll stick with my jigsaw and keep my fingers on my hand where they belong.
That's why we use push-sticks.

she was petting the roof!

With MDF she wouldn't need sandpaper, either.