New Poll on the Greenleaf Home Page

Mini Man

Great Poll topic!! I have a story for the family that will live in my willowcrest. But I dont have the dolls yet. I have them picked out I just need to buy them :) my next mini shopping money will go to buying them hopefully next week!!

Jenny, I made my family that's going to live in the Willowcrest fairly soon after I began to sculpt dolls and not too long after I'd gotten the kit, because it began to tell me its story right away.

:o Well I do have an image in my mind's eye on what the occupants look like for the different settings, I am still in the phase of "creating" them though as I make my own in fimo mostly that is. One time or another I stumbleupon a nice figure to put in a scene. For an example I did find an excellent clerk guy for the bike shop but have to find the perfect shirt material before I can dress him properly, and I also need to find out how I can change those hideous looking "painted on socks" first but that is another story...

Most often the house itself starts telling me who will live in it someday. :(

Hugs

I have to have dolls for my houses, otherwise they're just empty shells with no personality! :o Well, except for my micro Beacon Hill . . . where do you get a 1/144th scale doll?!

I bought the doll for my Willowcrest some time ago. She is ecstatic that I'm finally building her house! She was in there yesterday checking out my progress. And she has quite the story to tell! :(

Jenny, I made my family that's going to live in the Willowcrest fairly soon after I began to sculpt dolls and not too long after I'd gotten the kit, because it began to tell me its story right away.

OO holly when will you start building the beautiful house! I want to see and read your story!!

I have to have dolls for my houses, otherwise they're just empty shells with no personality! :o Well, except for my micro Beacon Hill . . . where do you get a 1/144th scale doll?!

I bought the doll for my Willowcrest some time ago. She is ecstatic that I'm finally building her house! She was in there yesterday checking out my progress. And she has quite the story to tell! :p

Teresa how about polly pockets :(?

.. and where are the picks of the beautiful lady that will inhabit this fine house? I need some more eye candy!!

although I do not have any dolls I do tend to learn the stories of the houses while being built.

but as yet to find any dolls that speak to me.

nutti :o

I have quite a collection of 1:12 dolls and, unfortunately, they have been speaking to me for quite some time now. The jist of their complaints is that they want their own dollhouses. They're tired of only coming out of their boxes for parties at the Beacon Hill.

-Susanne

Teresa how about polly pockets ?
Not a bad idea . . . does anyone know the size of them?

and where are the picks of the beautiful lady that will inhabit this fine house? I need some more eye candy!!

Jenny, here she is . . .

post-267-1167879030_thumb.jpg

Her name is 'Miss Riaboushka' and she is a retired Russian Prima Ballerina. She now teaches ballet in her 'ballet studio'.

where do you get a 1/144th scale doll?!
Check out N-scale people (I haven't seen any in Z-scale!).

OO holly when will you start building the beautiful house! I want to see and read your story!!

Funny you'd mention that, Jenny, after my eye appointment this AM I went around the block to the hardware store to get the paint the Willowcrest has been yammering for! The Small family (who so graciously modeled my completed Westville) are a professor and collector of Asian art at Howard University whose hobby is composing and playing rags on the piano, his lovely wife who is a philosophy professor on sabbatical to raise their family, their son, daughter and baby girl, and originally the cook and butler from the Cambridge; but when the Wee family took over the Cambridge after the scandal about Mrs. Petty & Samuel L Jackson/ "Shaft" the domestics sold their Coventry Cottage to Miss Nellie & Mister George and moved back; so I shall have to make some new staff for the Smalls. Most of my little folks are proper Edwardians or their US equivalents.

Her name is 'Miss Riaboushka' and she is a retired Russian Prima Ballerina. She now teaches ballet in her 'ballet studio'.

Oh, you got her!!! She's beautiful Teresa!!! I'm so happy for you both because it seems like you two needed each other. She's absolutely *perfect*.

Deb

Polly pockets are 3 3/4 inches tall. Too big for even half scale and way to big for 144.

I wasnt talking about the newer ones that are bigger. im talking about the orignal tiny tiny ones that i use to have as a kid. i'll have to look those up...

You know, Jenny, I remember those teeny tiny ones . . . seems to me they were about the size of my thumb nail. Let me know if you find out anything about them. :whistle: