what kind of work light do you use?

grynche

I'm having a problem with glare and reflection from the light I'm using. It's a clamp-on desk lamp, moves up and down and the bulb can also be adjusted. It has an energy efficient flourescent bulb in it. But there's so much glare I really can't see well with it.

shop light!

we got ours free coz DH used to work for the lighting company

so I use a 2 bulber overhead. have regular ceiling light for extra light. and desk lamp for small stuff.

nutti

Two shop lights end to end above the worktable, plus a couple of goosenecked floor lamps that can be moved around as needed.

I saw a "headlight" while I was in line at Wal-Mart yesterday, like a miner's light, fits on forehead with a band of some sort. I must say, I was tempted, but resisted. Does anyone use something like this to see in those shadowy inside corners?

I was thinking of a shop light will full spectrum bulbs. The ceiling in my playroom isn't finished so hanging up a light should be easy.

AND I remembered, thanks to KathieB, that I have a headlight somewhere that I used for nighttime animal outings. I'll have to look for it.

I dug out a sun visor that helped a bit with the glare. I'd like to work with more natural light but sunshine's hard to come by in the winter. :)

I use a daylight lamp, sometimes expensive but i got mine on sale so was a bit cheaper, even at the full price, now I actually have one i would pay anything for one !! they are amazing and so helpful. I really don't know how I managed without it.

I use the overhead lights in my kitchen and also a full spectrum table lamp. I couldn't do without this lamp in the winter! I avoid fluorescent at all costs!

I use a daylight lamp, sometimes expensive but i got mine on sale so was a bit cheaper, even at the full price, now I actually have one i would pay anything for one !! they are amazing and so helpful. I really don't know how I managed without it.

The two gooseneck floor lamps I sometimes use are daylight lamps. They are really nice for any kind of close work, reading, etc. My old eyes love 'em.

I also use whatever light in the particular room I'm in. Most times it's a chandelier in my diningroom. But for small projects, like X stitching, I have a floor and table mount Ott light for whichever room I'm in. I wouldn't be without them.

I've been know to bring in a small flashlight to aim at those small hard to reach/see places and shine it thru one of the doors. I have one of those clamp on desk lamps and use it along with the overhead light.

I like a lotta light! I've got two hundred watts in the overhead in the studio and a drop light I keep close at hand. I also stole, er, I mean borrowed two flood lights from Bruce's garage that I keep set up beside the photo backdrop. I work in the studio late at night for the most part, so natural light isn't something I see very often.

Deb

I saw a "headlight"
My new magnifying visor came with one of those, but I usually keep it turned off because it messes with my ability to see the spaces where threads cross. I use whatever light I have, we also use compact fluorescent bulbs in our light fixtures and I haven't had a problem with colors (but, then, I "hear" colors, so mixing them up isn't usually a problem).

I work in whatever room I can, and in whatever light I can get.

That's about it, although my two most favorite places to do needlework are in front of the TV set (at home or in the camper) and riding down the road.

I can't explain it very well, but I can hear the difference between black socks that are more blue from those that are more green or brown, it's sort of like catching just enough of music being played 'way off in the distance. Certain color combinations hurt my head like discordant sounds. It's like my optic nerve receptors sort of slop over onto my otic nerve ends.

What a wonderful gift!

I really envy people who can distinguish colours...

Our mini-group had a meeting at my house, and I had a bunch of quilting scraps for members to pick from, as well as WP samples. One of our members just floated over to the piles and picked the most beautiful combinations - I had the stuff in my house for ages, and never saw (or heard, LOL!) the combinations!

I use just the overhead light in my workroom and a lamp with three bulbs you can aim in any direction, but have noticed it doesn't work well in some areas. I just received an ad from Joanns.com that has OTT lights up to 50% and a 50% off non-sale item coupon for on-line purchases (Coupon code Jane750) which is good through Monday. I may consider getting something new. Has anyone used an OTT light before?